Wachovia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wachovia Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2016

2.9

Financial Advisor Intern Interview

Interview

Interview Process was straight forward. Looking to hire summer intern in to assist advisors. Questions were related to interest in field.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just need to conversation going.   Answer Question

Loan Processor Interview

Interview

I had one face to face interview with the hiring manager and two current department employees. The interview included several standard behavioral questions. The interview was pretty simple

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

2 rounds of interview. after initial phone discussion with hiring manager, went onsite to meet with technical lead, other business manager and the group head.

Teller Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I was already in the teller manager position, I was transferring from OC to LA but I had to reinterview. They asked the question assuming that i am completely new to the position. The process was ...

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wachovia (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Both phone and 1:1 interview were ridiculous. HR interviewer did not seem comfortable with the interview and store manager performed 1:1 interview. Store Manage was clueless as I later found out she is in fact a terrible manager herself. The interview process is a reflection of the company itself. AWFUL!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you took a difficult situation and turned it into a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia in March 2010.

Interview

I went to a group interview. Then I interviewed with a DM and store manager. Lastly, I interviewed with another DM and the community bank president. Standard questions to share past experiences in managing others. I went a step further on my own and created a business plan, along with a 30 day plan to initiate my longer term plans.

What was not standard was the way the DM and CBP were talking about other TM's, gossiping really. In the interview! I was appalled by their lack of professionalism in doing so and it left me with an extremely negative view of their leadership. This opinion has only grown after working with them for several months now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with an underperforming team member.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. They offered me well above midpoint for the job I was offered.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wachovia (Syosset, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

the hiring is pretty much straight forward! apply, when you get a cal you do a phone interview then they have you meet with your branch manager and if everything goes good from there then they will offer you a position.

Interview Questions

• explain a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is no negotiating with these people.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wachovia (Silver Spring, MD) in January 2011.

Interview

easy very easy interview. Research the company and you'll be fine don't worry. Do your best and you will get the job. I went in with no experience at all and got the job, if I can do it you can do it

Teller Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wachovia in January 2007.

Interview

I was already employed for Wachovia and was applying for a position/promotion within another district. Because of interviewing conflicts between locations I was allowed a phone interview. It lasted about 15 minutes and consisted of the typical "Tell me about a time you..." type questions. I was contacted within a few days and made an offer by recruiting.

In my current position I am responsible for conducting interviews for new team members and Wachovia makes each manager take a course on their interviewing process. Within the last few months Service Leaders have taken the responsibility from the Teller Managers or FCM's and have begun hiring for the open Teller positions. In my opinion this has been a disaster. The SL's don't know each individual team well enough to hire someone that is a good fit. Also, they are usually hiring more than one position and will hire people within the first interview round that only possess the minimum qualifications. This has turned out to be disasterous for my team as well as others within my district. Our SL is only looking for quantity over quality. Interviewing needs to go back to the hands of the branch personnel. Just another way to micromanage everyone to death.

The interview format is standard across the board depening on the position applying for. Come prepared to answer several very specific questions based on what you've done in the past. Such as "tell me about a time a customer made an unreasonable request." For Teller/ Teller Manager interviews there is typically only one round of interviews. You should be contacted by a recruiter and not the person who conducted the interview. Although the work enviornment is typically business casual, I would recommend dressing in a suit for the interview, we do notice.

If you are applying for the first time in the Teller role you usually have to begin with a skills test before you are offered an interview. Once a job offer is received you will have to take a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to gather and evaluate information from multiple sources and make a recommendation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

DO NOT ACCEPT THE FIRST OFFER. Wachovia will always offer the lowest pay grade no matter what skills you bring to the table. I have never heard of a case where they wont negotiate pay. I negotiated about $5000 over my initital offer as a Teller. When I was promoted to a TM I didn't negotiate pay (I thought I was going to be offered a job with another company and Wachovia made their offer first. I didn't expect to keep the job, therefore I didn't negotitate the pay). I was offered below market value for the TM position and am paying for it now. You must negotiate before you accept the offer. Once that paperwork is processed the pay raises are dismal.

Don't expect to negotiate anything else, such as time off. That is standard across the board

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennington, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Pennington, NJ) in August 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with the Teller Manager and the Branch Manager at the same time. They used the S.T.A.R. interview method which consisted of long and overly complicated questions. My answers were to be given in the format of:
    S. describe the Situation
    T. describe my Task
    A. what Action did I take
    R. what was the Result

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled an upset customer.   Answer Question
    • If you appear to be short on meeting your sales quota, how would you try to boost sales/referals?   Answer Question