Wachovia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2016

2.9

Commercial Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wachovia (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

2 weeks, and one phone interview then face to face and follow up after first interview. over all process was better handeled than others like pnc and suntrust. average questions about past performance and how did it help the company and customers

Teller Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I was already in the teller manager position, I was transferring from OC to LA but I had to reinterview. They asked the question assuming that i am completely new to the position. The process was ...

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Homewood, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wachovia (Homewood, AL) in April 2012.

Interview

Wachovia used the Targeted Interview Process called STAR. The interviewer would ask the candidate to tell a situation they faced; the task it involved; the actions they took; and the results of the process. These questions would be directly related to the job they would have to perform.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you were asked to improve a process to be more efficient using the STAR theory.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wachovia (Silver Spring, MD) in January 2011.

Interview

easy very easy interview. Research the company and you'll be fine don't worry. Do your best and you will get the job. I went in with no experience at all and got the job, if I can do it you can do it

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wachovia.

Interview

it was a joke. they talked this Texas plan up way too much. no one knew what they were doing. And they didn't tell us that opening up 300 banking centers in a new market was going to eventually close the doors

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the person for this job?   1 Answer

Finance Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

Behavioral Interview to determine how you would behave in a certain situation. Determined interpersonal skills and work management preferences. Lots of questions that started out with "tell me about a time...."

Teller Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call a week later. The recruiter conducted an easy interview over the phone, mostly work history questions. I was then sent to do a 1:1 interview with the branch manger. Branch manger asked scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Securities Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in July 2010.

Interview

After applying, process could take upto a month to hear back. Interview format was standard. Basic behavioral questions, takes about an hour. Usually 2-3 people in interivew.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, nothing hard. Have some STAR (situation, task, action, result) examples in mind before going for interview.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

They generally hire from within. I had one interview,with one person. Communication was very clear amd the job description was accurate.

Interview Questions

• This was your syandard situational imterview with no curve ball question. Examples imclude, "tell me about a time when..."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Financial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wachovia.

Interview

Two interviews during initial application and selection for position.

Interview Questions

• Recall all questions to be straightforward, not exceptionally challenging.   Answer Question