Wachovia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wachovia Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wachovia (Wilmington, NC) in August 2010.

Interview

This was a relatively simple process. After the preliminary phone interview and skill testing I was interviewed by two people. The questions to expect were provided ahead of time. The interviewers were very polite and gave me as much time as I needed/wanted to elaborate on answers or examples.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuart, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Stuart, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

I first received a call from an HR person who had specific questions regarding my experience. When she was satisfied with those answers she asked if I had time to do the complete phone interview. I said yes. She worked from a script of specific questions with the usual behavioral interview questions: Can you think of a time when: met a goal, solved a problem, etc. She said I would be followed back up to do an in person interview. It was a couple of weeks before I heard back, although she did give me an HR number to follow up with. They said it would be another week or so. Then another HR person called to schedule the meeting and told me where to meet. The interview was with an area manager and a current Store Manager. They again had very specific scenarios to ask me and wrote like crazy keeping notes. You will need very specific situations on meeting goals, $ and how accomplished. They called me in two weeks to advise I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a specific goal, to achieve, what was the $, how did you do it?   Answer Question

Securities Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in July 2010.

Interview

After applying, process could take upto a month to hear back. Interview format was standard. Basic behavioral questions, takes about an hour. Usually 2-3 people in interivew.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, nothing hard. Have some STAR (situation, task, action, result) examples in mind before going for interview.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied in the second week of April and received and email for an interview mid-May. The interview was in group format with 2 bank managers, 1 recruiter and 5 candidates.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wachovia (Columbus, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

1. personality test on the computer: (example): strongly agree, agree, disagree, strongly disagree), you will get an e-mail letting you know whether you passed or failed, if you pass you will be contacted by a recruiter by email to set up a time to call for a phone interview
    2. phone interview: very short and to the point if you "pass" you will set up an in person interview...

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview: Education backgorund, expected salary, FT/PT, last jobs/ duties...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wachovia (Tampa, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

Evening Interview starting at 4:30pm. 6 applicants -1 recruiter.
    Described position and showed video.
    asked 4 questions: Name and past positions, expirence with sales, expirence with customer service, what strengths you would bring.
    Pulls everyone out one by one at which point you may get to move to 1:1 with management

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotations

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wachovia (Columbia, SC) in April 2010.

Interview

I met with a contact whose an FA at Well's Fargo. He forwarded my resume onto the recruiter. I participated in a phone interview then a panel interview the next week which consisted of 3 interviewers (Two district managers and a regional manager). The questions were all situational, "Tell me about a time when you handled an upset client", "Tell me about your biggest sale", "Tell me how you would handle a client who wants to close their account", "Tell me what motivates you", and finally, I was asked to give a one minute commercial explaining why I was the best candidate for the position. I received a phone call 36 hours later and was offered a job.

The best advice I can give anyone is to study before the interview. I typed up all the questions and answers before I participated in my panel interview and it helped tremendously as there was not a single question I was asked which I did not immediatley know the answer. Also, consistently look the interviewers in the eye, and make sure to speak to each of them while answering a question. They grade the interview from a client's perspective. Most importantly, be very, very, specific with your answers. Don't say that something took a long time, but rather one month. They are very, very, stringent about this.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is nothing to negotiate. The base pay was mentioned during the phone interview along with the potential override. Unless one has a book of business to bring over to Private Banking then there is nothing to negotiate.

Financial Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Wachovia (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewers were 30 minutes late. Heavily focused on STAR process.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult or unexpected interview. Standard questions asked for any sales or customer service positions   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wachovia (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

Initially contacted by internal recruiter. Two hour interview with hiring manager. The normal questions on background and skills. At the end, I was asked to prepare a business plan and submit it to them. Spent some time on the business plan, provided them research and ideas. Didn't hear anything back (not even a comment on the 15 page plan) so followed up with the recruiter. Told me that they are still interviewing candidates and going to keep looking. My guess is that they are looking for a grand slam home run.

Anonymous Employee in Greer, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Greer, SC) in March 2010.

Interview

lied about first location not hiring after interviewing for the position, found out when I finally got to my branch that another girl working temporarily at my branch got hired for that original location.
    STAR format interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they were not very flexible about salary "wells fargo policy"