Wachovia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.9

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greer, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Greer, SC) in March 2010.

Interview

lied about first location not hiring after interviewing for the position, found out when I finally got to my branch that another girl working temporarily at my branch got hired for that original location.
    STAR format interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they were not very flexible about salary "wells fargo policy"

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wachovia (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Both phone and 1:1 interview were ridiculous. HR interviewer did not seem comfortable with the interview and store manager performed 1:1 interview. Store Manage was clueless as I later found out she is in fact a terrible manager herself. The interview process is a reflection of the company itself. AWFUL!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you took a difficult situation and turned it into a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Ewing, NJ) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview went very well. Mostly in STAR format--situation, task, action, results. Makes sure you really know the company and the position details...do your homework. Had a phone and face to face interview. Phone interview was with a recruiter and in-person interview was with a hiring manager at the office. Questions were mostly behavioral and situational.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • If you had a cash difference at the end of the day, what would you do? What if your manager was not available and all your colleagues were busy helping customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Wachovia (Miami, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

The hiring process for becoming a Teller at Wachovia is pretty laid back. You start of with an online application that requires you to take a Unicru personality test, one of those where they give you a statement and you have to say whether you: Strongly agree, agree, feel neutral, disagree, or Strongly disagree. I have failed several of these tests in the past, so I did some research. (Small hint: agree and disagree are always wrong, you should always pick one of the "strongly" options. Also, absolutely do NOT be honest. To pass this test you actually have to claim to have never told a lie or broken a promise in your life.) Anyway, along with the personality test is a basic skills test. It involves some pretty simple arithmetic questions. You can fly right through it if you have a calculator next to you.

Once you pass, they notify you that they would like you to com in for a group orientation. They explain to you the different career paths at Wachovia and that the type of personality traits they look fo in an employee. They also ask everyone to go around the room sharing a little about their education and work experience. The recruiters are basically feeling everyone out to decide who they'll invite for a 1 on 1 interview.

If you're selected for an interview, they'll call you in for a meeting with the manager and whatever bank they have a Teller opening. They'll ask you pretty standard interview questions,

i.e.

1. Name two of your greatest strengths
    2. Two greatest weaknesses
    3. Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with someone you were working with in a group or team and explain how you handled it
    4. Why do you want to be a teller?

They also toss out some situational questions, like what would you do if you balanced your transactions at the end of the day and you found you were $500 short?

Nothing too crazy. To nail the interview just make sure you stress your cash-handling experience, that you love working in teams, and are very goal-oriented. Working as a teller, they set goals for you on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis. They want to be sure they hire people that respond well to that kind of environment.

Interview Questions

• What would you of if after reviewing your transaction, you found you were $500 short?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Paramus, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied online, took a personality assessment, and was contacted by the recruiter within a week. We then interviewed by phone. After that, a panel iterview was conducted, and the job was offered. Be specific in your interview answers. They want specific examples and not generalized answers.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time that you helped someone who was upset and how you helped that person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wachovia (Richmond, VA) in January 2010.

Interview

he interview was la they really were dumb questions with very detailed ways to be answered. The questions would drain you out so much you would do bad in the interview.

to low

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in December 2009.

Interview

Applied for an internal posting; followed with preliminary phone screen and then interviewed in person by a panel. Interview format is behavioral ie open ended questions along the lines of "tell me about a time where you faced a difficult situation in the work place/overcame adversity, etc" Usually canned anecdotal responses do well in this format. The company may even provide you with a list of target subject matter to facilitate preparation. This is the format used for all but the most technical jobs. The company also highlights diversity as a core value, anything in support of that will be looked upon favorably.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Decided the company was not a long term career fit and made a decision to change professions

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wachovia in November 2009.

Interview

I applied on line for a teller position. after 3 weeks I got an email asking me for a phone interview. The phone interview was with one of the recruiter and she was really nice, she basically just asked about my past experience and explained the company's services. After the phone interview she told me that I will be moving on and do a face to face interview with branch and teller manager. She scheduled my interview for the next day. The interview with branch and teller managers went really well, they took turn asking me questions and giving me hypothetical situations. The interview was about 40 minutes and when done they told me that they will let me know in 2 days. After 2 days i got a call and was offered the job. its a very nice place to work and the management and employees are very friendly and kind. Good Luck everyone.

Interview Questions

• why team work is important for you? If it isn't explain why not.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia in October 2009.

Interview

Very nice people. Applied online, received an email from a recruiter regarding the position for a phone interview. The lady was very nice and respectful and at the end she told me she will recommend me to the District Manager for a 2nd interview and that i have moved forward with the interview process. The position was 40 minutes from my house (apparently too far for the District Manager so my 2nd interview was canceled) The recruiter however was very nice and recommended me to a college of hers for a position 20 minutes away from my place (I guess 20 minutes is close enough for them but not 40 minutes). Had to speak to 2 more ladies on the phone and a panel interview was scheduled for me (scheduled 2 weeks later) 2 weeks later District Manager canceled the interview couple of days before it because she was unaveilable (yes she did haha) Interview was scheduled again next week. Interview itself is was very easy as long as you prepare. A lot of sales and customer service questions. Was interviewed by the DM, BM and one more lady (3 people total). Couple of days later I received a call from the recruiter that the position was given to someone with more experience. Everyone was very nice in this company, no complaints, they let you know if you don't get the position. Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions

• In your previous position, did you have any sale goals you had to reach?   Answer Question
    • Are you more of a visual learner, a reader or a listener?   Answer Question

Underwriting Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (San Leandro, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me and asked if I was interested in some openings Wachovia had. Of course I said yes since I'm always open to new opportunities. I had a few phone interviews and screenings with various people. The last one was with the VP Recruiting of the Western Region. The interview went well and they had me interview in person at the local office (San Leandro) with the Operations Manager.

The 1:1 interview covered my previous and current experience and gave me a good idea of the job description. The complete time of the interview was about one hour. I felt that it went very well. I even got a tour of the facility. The interviewer told me that I would be contacted within 1 week with an answer. He explained that they had several positions open and where going to interview other candidates.

The VP of recruiting contacted me about 1 week later and told me the position I interviewed for was going to be filled with an internal candidate. I was very disappointed since I felt the interview went very well and I wanted out of my current job. However he did have another position to offer me (Loan Operations Manager). I declined due to the fact I would be taking a pay cut to my annual salary and all in compensation. I did however appreciate the offer. Its nice to know people still value my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle different personalities and work place conflicts between employees?   1 Answer

Less Pay