Wachovia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wachovia Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wachovia (Macon, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

Phone call, Group presentation/interview with various company representatives and also other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Usual behavioral questions. Very customer service and team oriented questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They start their tellers at the same hourly rate. I was paid more due to language skills. Im sure experience in the field would increase your pay also, but I did not have any.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (San Francisco, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

I filled out an online application on the career section of the employer's website. I later received a phone call from a local recruiter. The recruiter asked me a few questions about why I wanted the job and my skills. The interviewer told me that the interview with the manager would involve behavioral type questions and she gave me a handout about how to prepare for this type of interview. I was later asked to interview with the store manager and the teller manager. The recruiter called me a few days later and told me that I passed the interview. I thought this interview process was easier than other major banks and that this bank focused more on customer service than sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was asked what I would like to earn per house. I said it doesn't matter, what ever the minimum wage was at the time. I was told that they position usually earns 10 per hour. Later to my surprise I found out I was offered 12.50 on my acceptance letter. I think the offer is based off of previous relevant work experience because I know some people made 25 to 50 cents more.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in September 2009.

Interview

The team was very much into panel interviews and group decision making (but on the surface only, at the end management pressured the peers toward a different candidate).

Interview Questions

• If I had an opportunity to have a dinner with one people, living or dead, who would it be and why   Answer Question

I did not think the manager and I would fit each other well

Senior Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in August 2009.

Interview

First interview went well, however they wanted to hire someone internally so went with them instead. They like me enough to have a 2nd interview 2mos later. Interviewers were very detailed in their questions and asked me to provide feedback on their current integration (with Wells Fargo) efforts. In the interim between interview 1 and 2 the hiring manager resigned, never a good sign. Who quits their job in the middle of a recession unless it is a bad situation? Very desperate (a little too much) to bring somebody on board. Seemed to me they were having a brain drain with Wells takeover.

Interview Questions

• How would you change the screen design of this portal to be more user friendly?   Answer Question

I had a bad feeling about them. Long decision making process + hiring less qualified internal candidates + Wells takeover + hiring manager leaving - desperation = I'll pass.

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia in August 2009.

Interview

No big deal, applied online, eventually got a call a week or so later. Had a very brief phone interview. Then got another call to schedule a 1 on 1. After that you take a BG check, then you get a call a week or so later offering you the job if you pass.

Branch Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Washington, DC) in August 2009.

Interview

The first round phone interview and skills test were humorously straight out of an HR handbook. It was easy to tell that the recruiter was looking to hear specific items so that they could check the box. It was imperative to try to sound as outgoing and extroverted as possible. The 1:1 interview was less rigid, but still included a set list of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you faced a decision that was unpopular among your peers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennington, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Pennington, NJ) in August 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with the Teller Manager and the Branch Manager at the same time. They used the S.T.A.R. interview method which consisted of long and overly complicated questions. My answers were to be given in the format of:
    S. describe the Situation
    T. describe my Task
    A. what Action did I take
    R. what was the Result

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled an upset customer.   Answer Question
    • If you appear to be short on meeting your sales quota, how would you try to boost sales/referals?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Raleigh, NC) in August 2009.

Interview

First, you have a phone interview with the recruiter. Questions are similar to what you will find in the actual interview. All behavioral based questions, i.e. "Tell me about a time you had to coach an employee for not performing up to company standards "etc.. The next phase is being interviewed with the hiring manager (District Manager, and possibly another District Manager from neighboring region). More behavioral based questions. Interviewer usually follows predetermined guide. If you pass this, your almost there. The final test is a phone interview with the Community Bank President. These questions are more what you would expect.. What would you do if your branch was failing to meet sales numbers for the last 3 months. What would your first step be? what would your last step be? Have you had a similar situation? etc..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most difficult customer experience. How did you handle it, what were your actions, what was the result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Like any industry, thier first offer is typically what they are willing to provide given what you represent. I renegotiated my salary and was able to get a 2k increase in their original offer.

Mail Room Processer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2009.

Interview

Tedious, a total of 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you were creative to overcome an obstacle?   Answer Question

Financial Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Washington, DC) in August 2009.

Interview

structure style interview. situation - action - result

Interview Questions

• lenghthy interview - questions are job related and exemples must be real life experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation - flixed salary - take or leave it