Wachovia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wachovia Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2016

2.9

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wachovia in November 2010.

Interview

Contacted by phone and was asked a few questions then invited to a two-part interview. One was one on one and the other was with 2 DM's. Was called the next week for an interview with a store manager. Environment was very friendly and interviewers were awesome. Interviews were all in STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation/time when you were given a goal to meet, what was the goal? How did you meet that goal? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me why (insert your name) would be perfect for this position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this position of this type? And what interests you in working in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Was only offered a floating on-call position and not a permanent position

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wachovia in October 2010.

Interview

Interview was wonderful. Interviewer listened to my answers, took notes and responded to my questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your management style   1 Answer

Negotiation

My recruiter was very experienced in negotiation so it went smoothly. Be prepared to be flexible. Be prepared for a lenghthy background check. Mostly criminal.... Don't let it cause any anxiety, they are just very thorough. In my research, I found that the more counties you have lived in or if you came from another state, it will take a little longer. Also, if you are a married woman, your maiden name search may cause a little delay. But, all in all, if you have no convictions particularly related to any fiduciary concerns you should be okay. It's can a be a bit frustrating if you are anxious to get to work. A word of advice, never stop looking for a new job until you have actually started a job!

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia in September 2010.

Interview

First i got aphone interview and then i was invited to do a 2nd interview by the DM. The interview went well next step would be a group interview

Teller Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

Interview

pleasant ineractive
    promotion possibilities not discussed

Interview Questions

• work on Saturday objection   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation on salary possible

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

Interview

First interview was over the phone, then in person. They want questions with a definite answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you can negotiate however ijust accepted.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wachovia in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process was simple

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a challenging goal to meet and you behind in meeting this goal. With only two weeks to go, how did you adjust your work approach to ensure you met this goal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate - they gave me what I asked for

Teller Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

Interview

First I applied online, and then I recieved an email about the opportunity for a phone interview. After the phone interview I set up a face to face interview with two executives and myself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non existent

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

Interview

interviewer made me very uncomfortable

Interview Questions

• How did you respond to an expeirence where you had to coach someone.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to a group interview a few days later got a second interview with the regional manager.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia in April 2010.

Interview

Applied online & took a personality test, received an email a few days later inviting me to a group panel interview. a week later, i was called by the recruiter for a 1on 1 interview for a specific branch & 5 days later, received job offer.

Tips:
    Personality test - choose strongly agree or strongly disagree ONLY and you might have to fib a bit because they ask if you've ever lied in your whole life; of course, everybody has ... but don't admit to that.

Group panel interview - IF you are extremely confident in your abilities and skills, as well as have a kick ass answer, volunteer to answer the question first so that you demonstrate your leadership abilities but don't do it all the time so that you also showcase how much of a team player you are.
    **I think its better to let one or two other people answer before you for the first couple questions so you get a feel for the other candidates and possibly can come up with a better answer than theirs. Once you see who your real competition is, then you can start answering first when they ask for volunteers.

1 on 1 interview - Come professionally dressed. If you are a women with medium to long hair, tie it up in a sleek bun or ponytail. Get your nails done, get your eyebrows done & make sure your shoes are in good condition. Men, trim your nails, clean them, keep your hair slicked back. Come with a tie, make sure your shoes aren't scuffed. They want to know you pay attention to detail.

Try not to lie about anything when asked for specific situations - they look at your eyes to see if you are lying (Most people look to up and to the left when they lie), they monitor your behavior for nervousness and are really vigilant when it comes to any inconsistencies with something you've said.

Know the company's accomplishments, i.e. any awards they've won in the past two years, the values, etc! I cannot stress this enough -- I am confident this is why I got my job -- because I knew the awards they've won and why it was important to me, why the values of Wachovia were similar to my own, etc. This helps you stand out from everybody else.

& Ask questions when they ask at the end of the interview if you have any questions!!! "What do you see for the future of this company?" "How successful has this particular branch been?", etc.

Treat this job interview as if its the career of your dreams, even if its not what you want to do for the rest of your life.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if at the end of your shift your drawer was $500 short?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it mentality.