Wachovia Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wachovia Project Manager Interview Questions

3.5

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in October 2007.

Interview

Wachovia uses a behavorial interview technique in a panel setting, it's called STAR and standes for: Situation/Task-- Describe the situation that you were in or the task that you needed to accomplish. You must describe a specific event or situation, not a generalized description of what you have done in the past. Be sure to give enough detail for the interviewer to understand. This situation can be from a previous job, from a volunteer experience, or any relevant event.
Action you took-- Describe the action you took and be sure to keep the focus on you. Even if you are discussing a group project or effort, describe what you did -- not the efforts of the team. .
Results you achieved-- What happened? How did the event end? What did you accomplish? What did you learn?

Interview Questions

• Again, it's a behavorial interview, so all questions beagn "Tell me about a time you..." versus asking general questions about strengths & weaknesses   Answer Question

Received better job offer

Other Interview Reviews for Wachovia

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wachovia in October 2010.

Interview

Interview was wonderful. Interviewer listened to my answers, took notes and responded to my questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your management style   1 Answer

Negotiation

My recruiter was very experienced in negotiation so it went smoothly. Be prepared to be flexible. Be prepared for a lenghthy background check. Mostly criminal.... Don't let it cause any anxiety, they are just very thorough. In my research, I found that the more counties you have lived in or if you came from another state, it will take a little longer. Also, if you are a married woman, your maiden name search may cause a little delay. But, all in all, if you have no convictions particularly related to any fiduciary concerns you should be okay. It's can a be a bit frustrating if you are anxious to get to work. A word of advice, never stop looking for a new job until you have actually started a job!