Wachovia Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wachovia Store Manager Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuart, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Stuart, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

I first received a call from an HR person who had specific questions regarding my experience. When she was satisfied with those answers she asked if I had time to do the complete phone interview. I said yes. She worked from a script of specific questions with the usual behavioral interview questions: Can you think of a time when: met a goal, solved a problem, etc. She said I would be followed back up to do an in person interview. It was a couple of weeks before I heard back, although she did give me an HR number to follow up with. They said it would be another week or so. Then another HR person called to schedule the meeting and told me where to meet. The interview was with an area manager and a current Store Manager. They again had very specific scenarios to ask me and wrote like crazy keeping notes. You will need very specific situations on meeting goals, $ and how accomplished. They called me in two weeks to advise I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a specific goal, to achieve, what was the $, how did you do it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wachovia

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Raleigh, NC) in August 2009.

Interview

First, you have a phone interview with the recruiter. Questions are similar to what you will find in the actual interview. All behavioral based questions, i.e. "Tell me about a time you had to coach an employee for not performing up to company standards "etc.. The next phase is being interviewed with the hiring manager (District Manager, and possibly another District Manager from neighboring region). More behavioral based questions. Interviewer usually follows predetermined guide. If you pass this, your almost there. The final test is a phone interview with the Community Bank President. These questions are more what you would expect.. What would you do if your branch was failing to meet sales numbers for the last 3 months. What would your first step be? what would your last step be? Have you had a similar situation? etc..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most difficult customer experience. How did you handle it, what were your actions, what was the result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Like any industry, thier first offer is typically what they are willing to provide given what you represent. I renegotiated my salary and was able to get a 2k increase in their original offer.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia in September 2010.

Interview

First i got aphone interview and then i was invited to do a 2nd interview by the DM. The interview went well next step would be a group interview

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia in March 2010.

Interview

I went to a group interview. Then I interviewed with a DM and store manager. Lastly, I interviewed with another DM and the community bank president. Standard questions to share past experiences in managing others. I went a step further on my own and created a business plan, along with a 30 day plan to initiate my longer term plans.

What was not standard was the way the DM and CBP were talking about other TM's, gossiping really. In the interview! I was appalled by their lack of professionalism in doing so and it left me with an extremely negative view of their leadership. This opinion has only grown after working with them for several months now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with an underperforming team member.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. They offered me well above midpoint for the job I was offered.