Wachovia Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wachovia Teller Interview Questions

2.8

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wachovia in November 2009.

Interview

I applied on line for a teller position. after 3 weeks I got an email asking me for a phone interview. The phone interview was with one of the recruiter and she was really nice, she basically just asked about my past experience and explained the company's services. After the phone interview she told me that I will be moving on and do a face to face interview with branch and teller manager. She scheduled my interview for the next day. The interview with branch and teller managers went really well, they took turn asking me questions and giving me hypothetical situations. The interview was about 40 minutes and when done they told me that they will let me know in 2 days. After 2 days i got a call and was offered the job. its a very nice place to work and the management and employees are very friendly and kind. Good Luck everyone.

Interview Questions

• why team work is important for you? If it isn't explain why not.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wachovia

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wachovia (Macon, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

Phone call, Group presentation/interview with various company representatives and also other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Usual behavioral questions. Very customer service and team oriented questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They start their tellers at the same hourly rate. I was paid more due to language skills. Im sure experience in the field would increase your pay also, but I did not have any.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (San Francisco, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

I filled out an online application on the career section of the employer's website. I later received a phone call from a local recruiter. The recruiter asked me a few questions about why I wanted the job and my skills. The interviewer told me that the interview with the manager would involve behavioral type questions and she gave me a handout about how to prepare for this type of interview. I was later asked to interview with the store manager and the teller manager. The recruiter called me a few days later and told me that I passed the interview. I thought this interview process was easier than other major banks and that this bank focused more on customer service than sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was asked what I would like to earn per house. I said it doesn't matter, what ever the minimum wage was at the time. I was told that they position usually earns 10 per hour. Later to my surprise I found out I was offered 12.50 on my acceptance letter. I think the offer is based off of previous relevant work experience because I know some people made 25 to 50 cents more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennington, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Pennington, NJ) in August 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with the Teller Manager and the Branch Manager at the same time. They used the S.T.A.R. interview method which consisted of long and overly complicated questions. My answers were to be given in the format of:
    S. describe the Situation
    T. describe my Task
    A. what Action did I take
    R. what was the Result

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled an upset customer.   Answer Question
    • If you appear to be short on meeting your sales quota, how would you try to boost sales/referals?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia in January 2009.

Interview

You may apply online as well as immediately completely an online test. If qualified you are contacted by a HR Personnel to set up an interview. Afterwhich, if you are successfull in the interview then you be offered a job on spot or sometime after by phone.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply at the company?   1 Answer
    • Describe your worst experience in customer service as it relates to an irate customer?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wachovia in June 2008.

Interview

You apply online and then are provided a link to a skills assessment. The skills assessment has over 100 questions but it doesn't take very long. There are a lot of "personality" questions and just a few simple math questions. After this, you are contacted by a recruiter for a face to face interview. During the interview they will ask a lot of the basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

The pay was low and I got a counter offer from my current employer.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wachovia in November 2010.

Interview

Contacted by phone and was asked a few questions then invited to a two-part interview. One was one on one and the other was with 2 DM's. Was called the next week for an interview with a store manager. Environment was very friendly and interviewers were awesome. Interviews were all in STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation/time when you were given a goal to meet, what was the goal? How did you meet that goal? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me why (insert your name) would be perfect for this position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this position of this type? And what interests you in working in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Was only offered a floating on-call position and not a permanent position

Teller Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

Interview

pleasant ineractive
    promotion possibilities not discussed

Interview Questions

• work on Saturday objection   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation on salary possible

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

Interview

First interview was over the phone, then in person. They want questions with a definite answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you can negotiate however ijust accepted.

Teller Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

Interview

First I applied online, and then I recieved an email about the opportunity for a phone interview. After the phone interview I set up a face to face interview with two executives and myself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non existent