Wachovia Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wachovia Teller Interview Questions

2.8

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to a group interview a few days later got a second interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wachovia

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia in April 2010.

Interview

Applied online & took a personality test, received an email a few days later inviting me to a group panel interview. a week later, i was called by the recruiter for a 1on 1 interview for a specific branch & 5 days later, received job offer.

Tips:
    Personality test - choose strongly agree or strongly disagree ONLY and you might have to fib a bit because they ask if you've ever lied in your whole life; of course, everybody has ... but don't admit to that.

Group panel interview - IF you are extremely confident in your abilities and skills, as well as have a kick ass answer, volunteer to answer the question first so that you demonstrate your leadership abilities but don't do it all the time so that you also showcase how much of a team player you are.
    **I think its better to let one or two other people answer before you for the first couple questions so you get a feel for the other candidates and possibly can come up with a better answer than theirs. Once you see who your real competition is, then you can start answering first when they ask for volunteers.

1 on 1 interview - Come professionally dressed. If you are a women with medium to long hair, tie it up in a sleek bun or ponytail. Get your nails done, get your eyebrows done & make sure your shoes are in good condition. Men, trim your nails, clean them, keep your hair slicked back. Come with a tie, make sure your shoes aren't scuffed. They want to know you pay attention to detail.

Try not to lie about anything when asked for specific situations - they look at your eyes to see if you are lying (Most people look to up and to the left when they lie), they monitor your behavior for nervousness and are really vigilant when it comes to any inconsistencies with something you've said.

Know the company's accomplishments, i.e. any awards they've won in the past two years, the values, etc! I cannot stress this enough -- I am confident this is why I got my job -- because I knew the awards they've won and why it was important to me, why the values of Wachovia were similar to my own, etc. This helps you stand out from everybody else.

& Ask questions when they ask at the end of the interview if you have any questions!!! "What do you see for the future of this company?" "How successful has this particular branch been?", etc.

Treat this job interview as if its the career of your dreams, even if its not what you want to do for the rest of your life.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if at the end of your shift your drawer was $500 short?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it mentality.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wachovia in February 2010.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by an employee in Wachovia's Human Resource department. An interview was set up. I was interviewed by two district managers. They were friendly and easy to talk to. They asked questions regarding problems that have happened to me related to the job and what actions I took to solve them.

Interview Questions

• Name one time when a customer was frustrated and what actions you took to satisfy the customer.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia in January 2010.

Interview

Basic interview process. Fairly easy phone interview then scheduled to take a group interview. Group interview consisted of questions about work experience and sales experience. About a dozen people interviewed together and a handful were chosen. Company is looking for fresh grads to begin their career. There is a question and answer segment at the end, which i recommend that you participate in.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to make a hard sale?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wachovia in December 2009.

Interview

Applied online for a teller position with Wachovia. The same day I was contacted by a regional recruiter and asked to take an online assessment. Following the assessment, I was contacted again and had the phone interview. The interview was brief and consisted of employment background questions and situational question in the STAR format. Upon completion I was asked to schedule a 1-1 interview for the following week.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would deal with an dissatisfied customer?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wachovia in September 2009.

Interview

The position was posted on a job website. Applied via website and received and an invitation to take the assessment test via computer. Just a few days after the assessment test was taken, another email was sent to schedule a telephone interview with me. Scheduled the date and time. On the date and time of interview, recruiter asked numerous questions about one of the three employers I listed on my resume. After about five minutes or so, the telephone interviewer asked why I wanted the position with the company and I explained my reason why and afterwards it was stated by the recruiter that he still did not know why I would want said position. Explained to recruited again why I was interested in the position with this firm and the called was ended abruptly.

Later I received an email indicating that I was no longer going to be considered for the position.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia in June 2009.

Interview

You must pass an online assesment, then after that they call you for a job spotlight conference which is basically like your first round of interviewing. It is you and about 18 other people in a conference room and they pull you in 1 by 1 to ask you a few basic questions about your resume. Then if they feel the need to they bring you back a week later for second round interview with your possible future branch manager. Then if you pass that they make you take finger printing and check to see if you pass their background check. Once these are all done they send you an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you had an irrate customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation in which you had to get an idea accross to your supervisor   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation possible...they basically had it on the table take it or leave it

Teller Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wachovia in May 2009.

Interview

First an HR rep called for a phone interview. After I was done with it, they called me a days later and offered me a 1:1 interview with a bank manager. The questions were behavioral questions and were not hard if you come prepared for these types of questions. A few hours after the interview, I got a phone call and they offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• all general questions like "tell me about a time you took initiative"   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wachovia in May 2009.

Interview

went to a job fair. Passed by thr recruiter. interviewed again on the phone.then interviewed by 2 mangers using the star format.situation task action result.interviewed finally by the DM. Landed the job.