Wachovia Underwriting Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Underwriting Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (San Leandro, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me and asked if I was interested in some openings Wachovia had. Of course I said yes since I'm always open to new opportunities. I had a few phone interviews and screenings with various people. The last one was with the VP Recruiting of the Western Region. The interview went well and they had me interview in person at the local office (San Leandro) with the Operations Manager.

The 1:1 interview covered my previous and current experience and gave me a good idea of the job description. The complete time of the interview was about one hour. I felt that it went very well. I even got a tour of the facility. The interviewer told me that I would be contacted within 1 week with an answer. He explained that they had several positions open and where going to interview other candidates.

The VP of recruiting contacted me about 1 week later and told me the position I interviewed for was going to be filled with an internal candidate. I was very disappointed since I felt the interview went very well and I wanted out of my current job. However he did have another position to offer me (Loan Operations Manager). I declined due to the fact I would be taking a pay cut to my annual salary and all in compensation. I did however appreciate the offer. Its nice to know people still value my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle different personalities and work place conflicts between employees?   1 Answer

Less Pay