Wachovia Web Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2008.

Interview

My initial interview was actually with a recruiter first who asked me several questions about my skill set and what I was able to do as a developer. Once he was satisfied with my responses he set me up with a technical test. It was pretty straight forward but did take an hour out of my day. It was a timed test. Once I passed that test the recruiter called on a regular basis until we synced up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The manager rescheduled with me 2 times but we eventually connected. The day after that I received a call from the recruiter who told me that they wanted to interview me in person. That took approximately a week. I interviewed with the hiring manager, a technical specialist, and then select members of the team I was to be working with. I received a call the next day with the job offer. I found out that I was against several other people. I accepted the position and then several months later was in charge of screening and interviewing more developers to expand the team. Great Experience. The environment was awesome, fast pace and VERY busy due to a merger. Over all the people that I worked with were the best to date and I have been contracting for several years and have worked at several places.

Interview Questions

• Explain how to build a dynamic drop down menu in flash without using a built in component.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated the rate I was requesting upfront, once It was agreed upon, there was no further negotiation.