Wacker Chemical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Wacker Chemical

2.7

Sort:

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical.

Interview

Interview 1v1 with two separate managers- both were very welcoming and went the flow of the conversation. Both of them were from the engineering department even though the position I was interviewing for was corporate based.

Interview Questions

• Describe any complex system   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical (Charleston, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

Meet in a room with three engineers. They ask you questions about projects you've worked on and what you've learned in school and about who you are, as they want you to be someone they will want to work with. Fairly laid back, expect roughly 30 minutes to an hour if you get real chummy with them. Just show that you are willing to work hard and can describe things fairly well. There are also the very typical interview questions that you get with a quick online search.

There may also be a second interview over the phone where they ask you basically the same questions with different people. Your mileage may vary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as the product is currently in a downturn in price. They will ask if $12 is okay if you get hired, and it didn't seem as if there was any room to budge unfortunately.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical in August 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 4-hour on-site interview with 6 people including hiring manager who is a business unit director. Very unprofessional organization. Expected much more from a company the size of Wacker. 5 weeks after the interview, they responded to my follow-up email stating they would make a decision in a couple weeks. 7 weeks later they still have not extended the professional courtesy of communicating their direction. It was surprising to learn how comfortable Wacker is wasting the time of candidates. However, it's much better to learn this as a candidate than an employee! Unless you are desperate for a job, there are better companies to pursue in SE Michigan and NW Ohio.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical (Detroit, MI).

Interview

My position came through corporate recruiter, but many positions come via LinkedIn and corporate website. If you are interested in a position the recommended method is application via the website.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions as Wacker really wants to know more about you than getting a standard response from canned interview questions. Be prepared to show some technical knowledge regarding applications or employment history. Products are all value-added specialties.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back in a few weeks. We set up an in person interview. VP of engineering was also part of the interview process. I directly contacted their HR. Sent my resume and cover letter. Asked them to let me know if an opening was available and I heard from them a few weeks later.

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adrian, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical (Adrian, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was about 20 minutes. The hiring manager asked several questions about the research background, and the HR asked 2 questions about behavioral. Overall the talk was easy and interviewers were friendly.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical (Cleveland, TN) in August 2011.

Interview

The initial ad for the job was written broadly, seeking physicists, preferably with PhDs, to help build a new silicon processing plant. I responded with a resume and cover letter. I did a phone interview which included three or four chemists at the company plant in Germany and a HR rep from Tennessee, all on a conference call. I was mainly asked typical background questions (tell me about your research, where do you see yourself in five years, what have you done while unemployed, tell me about a time when you and your boss had a conflict). No brainteaser questions, almost no behavioral questions. Within a week I was flown to Tennessee for an on-site interview. It took place around a table in a conference room and included the HR rep and two of the German scientists who'd flown to the US for a week of hiring and interviewing. Essentially it was a repeat of the phone interview, with some of the same questions being repeated. While it is typical for scientific job applicants to do a Powerpoint presentation on their past work and research projects, it was not a part of this interview process. There was no skills testing and I was done in 90 minutes.

Although I felt I made a good impression, I didn't get an offer. This is not surprising, given that my background scientific qualifications didn't meet the job description (PECVD/Siemens process work). Any PhD physicist/chemist who can speak German and English would be more qualified for the position (this describes most professional physicists and chemists in Germany). Also, I've been out of work for more than six months, and might look toxic for this reason. It's pretty much over for me.

Everyone at Wacker was friendly, professional, and organized, from the US administrative staff to the German scientific staff. My reimbursement check for the on-site interview was processed and in hand about a month after the trip.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and your supervisor had a conflict. How was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you have that apply to this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical (Chattanooga, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Upon arrival I was sent to security to badge in. After getting approval I was given vague directions to the main offices where I was greeted by a HR manager at the gate. He took me into a room where I waited for more managers to come. The interview took about 1 hour with 3 managers present.

Interview Questions

• They talked a lot about the job and company. They focused on questions about safety, quality and team work. The managers were professional and easy to talk to.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Adrian, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical (Adrian, MI).

Interview

Like any other place. They ask you questions on well you can work with others and can you wait 5 long years before you get full rate. Are able to work in a highly hazard area breathing powders every day. Are able to stand on a cement floor for 12 hours a day. Can you lift 50 or more pounds. Must have good penmanship or you will get wrote up for it. They you if you can't do the work then leave.

Interview Questions

• Can you work a lot of hours.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical (Charleston, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Be ready for an hour long interview. Expect four interviewers. All well educated professionals. All will actively participate in the process of asking behavioral questions related to past work experience. They were very nice and inviting. I was offered a beverage. It was easygoing, yet the questions were serious. My advice is to have at least six situations committed to memory that tell a story. You will be asked about safety practices, conflicts with co-workers, supervisors and resolutions of each. You will be asked about achievements, performance and grades. They want to know what you liked or disliked most about school and work. Be willing to share something personal that exemplifies your character. They will ask you what you know about what they do. Do your research. They will ask you if you have any questions. Be sure you have some.