Wacker Chemical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wacker Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical (Chattanooga, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Upon arrival I was sent to security to badge in. After getting approval I was given vague directions to the main offices where I was greeted by a HR manager at the gate. He took me into a room where I waited for more managers to come. The interview took about 1 hour with 3 managers present.

Interview Questions

• They talked a lot about the job and company. They focused on questions about safety, quality and team work. The managers were professional and easy to talk to.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical (Charleston, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

Meet in a room with three engineers. They ask you questions about projects you've worked on and what you've learned in school and about who you are, as they want you to be someone they will want to work with. Fairly laid back, expect roughly 30 minutes to an hour if you get real chummy with them. Just show that you are willing to work hard and can describe things fairly well. There are also the very typical interview questions that you get with a quick online search.

There may also be a second interview over the phone where they ask you basically the same questions with different people. Your mileage may vary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as the product is currently in a downturn in price. They will ask if $12 is okay if you get hired, and it didn't seem as if there was any room to budge unfortunately.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical (Charleston, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Be ready for an hour long interview. Expect four interviewers. All well educated professionals. All will actively participate in the process of asking behavioral questions related to past work experience. They were very nice and inviting. I was offered a beverage. It was easygoing, yet the questions were serious. My advice is to have at least six situations committed to memory that tell a story. You will be asked about safety practices, conflicts with co-workers, supervisors and resolutions of each. You will be asked about achievements, performance and grades. They want to know what you liked or disliked most about school and work. Be willing to share something personal that exemplifies your character. They will ask you what you know about what they do. Do your research. They will ask you if you have any questions. Be sure you have some.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical.

Interview

Interview 1v1 with two separate managers- both were very welcoming and went the flow of the conversation. Both of them were from the engineering department even though the position I was interviewing for was corporate based.

Interview Questions

• Describe any complex system   1 Answer

Chemistry Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical in October 2015.

Interview

4 times 1 on 1 interviews with 3 people higher up and one in same job in different unit in a morning. Typical old fashioned interview, did not hire anyone because didnt have experience wanted.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TN

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical (Cleveland, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty basic interview for internship. Just take pride in what you did but do not be overconfident. The interviewers were amicable. Do research about their process if you are applying for a permanent position.

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Adrian, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical (Adrian, MI).

Interview

Like any other place. They ask you questions on well you can work with others and can you wait 5 long years before you get full rate. Are able to work in a highly hazard area breathing powders every day. Are able to stand on a cement floor for 12 hours a day. Can you lift 50 or more pounds. Must have good penmanship or you will get wrote up for it. They you if you can't do the work then leave.

Interview Questions

• Can you work a lot of hours.   1 Answer

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical (Chino, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very long and they asked a lot of chemistry questions. I wasnt really expecting that many in depth chemistry questions since i never have been asked that before in other interviews so i got most of them wrong. The job description was also not clear so when they told me it was a supervisor position I was surprised since i am an entry level chemist. I didnt hear back which was obvious.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical (Detroit, MI).

Interview

My position came through corporate recruiter, but many positions come via LinkedIn and corporate website. If you are interested in a position the recommended method is application via the website.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions as Wacker really wants to know more about you than getting a standard response from canned interview questions. Be prepared to show some technical knowledge regarding applications or employment history. Products are all value-added specialties.   Answer Question

Global Technical Center Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wacker Chemical (Allentown, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was with the hiring manager and he was quite pleasant on the phone. The administrator working with me was etremely pleasant and helpful through the entire process which is key as I travelled globally for my job at the time. During the actual interview, everyone was extremelypleasnt and friendly and I was even taken to be greeted by other employees I was not interviewing with which was nice. They were very detailed and honest about the company, what they liked and didn't so much like from a personal basis, and made me feel quite comfortable that this would be a good new home.

Interview Questions

• I don't really recall the most complicated question but I do recall a number of people inquiring as to why I had changed over from technical (R&D Chemist) to Business Development.   Answer Question

I wanted to accept but was convinced to stay at my company when I turned in my resignation. I feel it was a mistake and should have taken the offer.