WaferTech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WaferTech Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.5

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WaferTech.

Interview

I applied through school career fair. There were a few general questions at the booth, then I was signed up for an interview in school the next day. The two interviewer were very nice. Most questions were about my experience.

Etch Equipment Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WaferTech.

Interview

Current employee referred me to the position. I applied online and I was called onsite for the interview with manager. It was mostly resume based question plus a few behavioral questions.

Entry Level Engineer/Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WaferTech (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a good professional interview. 4 rounds of interviews with 5 of the Engineering Managers and the CEO. Ended with a Plant Tour. This was a clean room situation, no makeup, no perfumes or colognes. Which was part of what made it not the right fit for me, but going into this interview make sure you're wearing clothes that you can slip a clean suit over. Make sure you get the booties on good and tight. Nothing makes a plant tour worse than having to stop and adjust your booties every few yards.

Interview Questions

• They had me describe how I would set up an optimization experiment for reducing manufacturing time on the wafer line.   Answer Question

Learning & Development Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WaferTech (Camas, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

First phone interview with recruiter then 2nd interview was via phone with hiring manager. Typical scripted questions such as tell me about a time when you "fill in the blank" regarding training. The hiring manager informed me that she had a few other candidates to interview then a decision would be rendered to bring in the final few candidates for a face to face. I then asked more about the hiring process such as; would all candidates be notified either way and she informed me that all candidates would receive either an invitation to move forward or notification that the organization is no longer pursuing their candidacy. Following the phone interview, I forwarded a thank you email to both the recruiter and hiring manager and again requested a follow up communication as they moved forward in the hiring process but sadly, my request went unnoticed and unacknowledged. Moreover, despite the hiring manager’s statement that all candidates would be notified, I received no further communications or notice as they move further in their process. For me, their lack of communications and integrity speaks volumes and I am relieved not to have moved forward with my application. Amusingly, I saw the position re-posted a few weeks ago!

Interview Questions

• Typical scripted questions such as tell me about a time when you "fill in the blank" regarding training.   Answer Question

Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WaferTech (Camas, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview with HR and then another phone call from the hiring manager. The interview at the facility was long but I met with many departments who are involved in hiring. A few days later, I had another call from another engineer. Then the HR lady let me know that I didn't get they picked another person but that they hire engineers a lot and she would let me know when another equipment eingeering job opened up. They hire a lot of engineers right out of college.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions about how you'd handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Entry Level Equipment Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WaferTech in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was initially 2 phone screens within the same week, followed by a promised on-site interview which was never scheduled.

The first phone screen was with a non-technical recruiter about one week after the application was submitted, and consisted of a few behavioral questions, basic resume-related questions, and questions about logistics.

A follow-up "technical" interview was scheduled with the supervisor of the department, which lasted about 30 minutes. Because the position was entry-level, "technical" questions were limited to elaboration on past experiences. I did extensive background research on the semiconductor manufacturing process and undoubtedly left a strong impression on with the interviewer.

3 days later I was contacted to schedule a flight for a final on-site interview, which would last all day. After being told logistics would be worked out soon, I received an email the next day saying their hiring manager would be "out-of-town for several weeks", and that while my interview was postponed, I was guaranteed an interview and would be updated on the situation. After no communication, I emailed them exactly two weeks later. Their hiring manager had coincidentally returned that day, and I was told I would be updated on the situation once they had settled back into things. After radio silence for another week, I emailed again and was told that there would be a meeting held the following Monday to discuss the situation. Two days after this supposed meeting I emailed them one last time asking for an update, and was told that they had decided to put the hiring process on hold indefinitely for this position. Unprofessional to say the least, I'm baffled at how this situation was handled.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you struggled with a deadline, talk about a time you struggled with team communication, talk about your experiences, why do you want to work at WaferTech, etc   Answer Question

Supervising Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WaferTech (Camas, WA).

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair. Received call from HR Recruiter with basic screening info. "Why Wafertech? What do you know about it? What are your objectives? What shifts can you work? Questions for me?" Received another call from one hiring manager. Asked more questions geared toward job philosophy and what I could contribute. Then traveled to company for onsite interview. Underwent HR mini crash course in company benefits. Then met with managers in half-hour increments and the director. Asked behavioral interview questions and just one or two technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an issue with a coworker and how you responded.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WaferTech (Camas, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with manager and engineer in department I ended up working in. Asked about past project experience and subjects currently taking in school. Asked me to go over my extracurricular activities relating to the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about DVRs, PCBs, prototyping, and project design?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at WaferTech (Vancouver, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

They emailed me and set up a phone interview. I got a call from the guy who would be my manager asking me a multitude of typical behavioral interview questions. Heard back within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked with someone unpleasant and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WaferTech (Camas, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and had a phone interview set up with the facilities Engineering manager. Conversation was roughly half an hour. About a week later I received an official job offer via email and had to scan and send my acceptance. The interview questions were very basic, I don't think they are too worried about interns because they usually don't do extremely critical work for WaferTech.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach engineering problems?
      What are your strengths?