WaferTech Learning & Development Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at WaferTech

2.5

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WaferTech (Camas, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with manager and engineer in department I ended up working in. Asked about past project experience and subjects currently taking in school. Asked me to go over my extracurricular activities relating to the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about DVRs, PCBs, prototyping, and project design?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for WaferTech

Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WaferTech (Camas, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview with HR and then another phone call from the hiring manager. The interview at the facility was long but I met with many departments who are involved in hiring. A few days later, I had another call from another engineer. Then the HR lady let me know that I didn't get they picked another person but that they hire engineers a lot and she would let me know when another equipment eingeering job opened up. They hire a lot of engineers right out of college.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions about how you'd handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at WaferTech (Vancouver, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

They emailed me and set up a phone interview. I got a call from the guy who would be my manager asking me a multitude of typical behavioral interview questions. Heard back within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked with someone unpleasant and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WaferTech.

Interview

I applied through school career fair. There were a few general questions at the booth, then I was signed up for an interview in school the next day. The two interviewer were very nice. Most questions were about my experience.

Process Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WaferTech (Camas, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

1 phone interview by the manager of the department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate start date and end date.

Process Integration Engineer - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WaferTech (Camas, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

Initially I had a phone interview with an HR which took about an hour. The conversation was focused on "behavioral questions" and my understanding of the responsibilities of a PI engineer.
    A week later, I had a phone interview with an engineer in the PI group. The inteview was mostly focused on my background and previous expriences, also some questions about layout design of a circuit.
    Two weeks later, I had an on-site interview. First, I had a 20-min presentation (the subject of my choice) for a group of people, who then aksed me some questions about my presenatation. After that I had several group and 1:1 interviews. In all the interviews, the questions were mostly behavioral (especially focusing on managing the pressure and a busy schedule and dealing with colleagues), also some questions about the prcoess of integrated circuits fabrication.
    The on-site inteview was very informative, in all the sessions the inteviewers gave me lots of information about the responsibilities of the job, and the other processes. (I should add that all people, including HR, engineers, and managers were so nice and helpful.) After 3 weeks, I got a letter indicating that I was rejected.

My analysis of the interview process and the result: This position was an entry level PI. Everyone assured me that I could enter into this position with the basic theoritical knowledge and could gain the practical industrial exprience during the work (since lots and lots of trainings were available). Based on these issues, I could be a good candidate. I think a reason of my rejection could be the fact that I didn't have the exprience of working in a high-pressured industrial manufacture before.

Interview Questions

• What difficulties have I encountered using TSMC products?   Answer Question

Learning & Development Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WaferTech (Camas, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

First phone interview with recruiter then 2nd interview was via phone with hiring manager. Typical scripted questions such as tell me about a time when you "fill in the blank" regarding training. The hiring manager informed me that she had a few other candidates to interview then a decision would be rendered to bring in the final few candidates for a face to face. I then asked more about the hiring process such as; would all candidates be notified either way and she informed me that all candidates would receive either an invitation to move forward or notification that the organization is no longer pursuing their candidacy. Following the phone interview, I forwarded a thank you email to both the recruiter and hiring manager and again requested a follow up communication as they moved forward in the hiring process but sadly, my request went unnoticed and unacknowledged. Moreover, despite the hiring manager’s statement that all candidates would be notified, I received no further communications or notice as they move further in their process. For me, their lack of communications and integrity speaks volumes and I am relieved not to have moved forward with my application. Amusingly, I saw the position re-posted a few weeks ago!

Interview Questions

• Typical scripted questions such as tell me about a time when you "fill in the blank" regarding training.   Answer Question

Supervising Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WaferTech (Camas, WA).

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair. Received call from HR Recruiter with basic screening info. "Why Wafertech? What do you know about it? What are your objectives? What shifts can you work? Questions for me?" Received another call from one hiring manager. Asked more questions geared toward job philosophy and what I could contribute. Then traveled to company for onsite interview. Underwent HR mini crash course in company benefits. Then met with managers in half-hour increments and the director. Asked behavioral interview questions and just one or two technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an issue with a coworker and how you responded.   1 Answer

Supervising Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WaferTech (Camas, WA).

Interview

1. Send resume in online.
    2. HR phone screen.
    3. Manager phone screen.
    4. Drive in for the interview.
    Drive in interview were men coming into room in pairs to interview you. They take you to lunch. If you have time, you can take a tour of the manufacturing facility. They tell you if you did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Only one tech question that wasn't a brain teaser- technical job related question was about line balance. There's 3 tools in a row with known stabilities. You know the second tool is very unstable but you need to meet demand.   1 Answer

Hazardous Production Materials Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WaferTech (Camas, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and had a phone interview set up with the facilities Engineering manager. Conversation was roughly half an hour. About a week later I received an official job offer via email and had to scan and send my acceptance. The interview questions were very basic, I don't think they are too worried about interns because they usually don't do extremely critical work for WaferTech.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach engineering problems?
      What are your strengths?