WaferTech Process Integration Engineer - Entry Level Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WaferTech Process Integration Engineer - Entry Level Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Process Integration Engineer - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WaferTech (Camas, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

Initially I had a phone interview with an HR which took about an hour. The conversation was focused on "behavioral questions" and my understanding of the responsibilities of a PI engineer.
A week later, I had a phone interview with an engineer in the PI group. The inteview was mostly focused on my background and previous expriences, also some questions about layout design of a circuit.
Two weeks later, I had an on-site interview. First, I had a 20-min presentation (the subject of my choice) for a group of people, who then aksed me some questions about my presenatation. After that I had several group and 1:1 interviews. In all the interviews, the questions were mostly behavioral (especially focusing on managing the pressure and a busy schedule and dealing with colleagues), also some questions about the prcoess of integrated circuits fabrication.
The on-site inteview was very informative, in all the sessions the inteviewers gave me lots of information about the responsibilities of the job, and the other processes. (I should add that all people, including HR, engineers, and managers were so nice and helpful.) After 3 weeks, I got a letter indicating that I was rejected.

My analysis of the interview process and the result: This position was an entry level PI. Everyone assured me that I could enter into this position with the basic theoritical knowledge and could gain the practical industrial exprience during the work (since lots and lots of trainings were available). Based on these issues, I could be a good candidate. I think a reason of my rejection could be the fact that I didn't have the exprience of working in a high-pressured industrial manufacture before.

Interview Questions

• What difficulties have I encountered using TSMC products?   Answer Question