Waffle House Area People Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waffle House Area People Director Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Montgomery, AL) in June 2012.

Interview

Multi-level interviews: Division Manager (s) & AVP. May also add in SVP, AP, Corporate management. My interview process began with a phone call of interest, then a face to face with the AVP & a Division Manager. The a personality test is given that you can take from your personal computer. It lasted about 45 minutes. Once my results were reported & I was approved I interviewed with they Subsidiary's President & a HR Manager from Corporate.

Interview Questions

• Are you a money motivated person?

The pay is bonus centered.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Waffle House

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Kansas City, MO) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied for the Area People Director postiion posted on the Society for Human Resources Management(SHRM). Two or three weeks later, I was contacted by the Area People Director Coordinator from Georgia who scheduled a 1:1. One week later, I was contacted by the Area People Director in Little Rock, Arkansas who scheduled a second 1:1. A week after that, I was scheduled for another 1:1 with a Vice President of Waffle House. The interview process also included an apptitude test, a personality assessment, a background check, a credit check, and a hair folicle drug screen. Waffle House is a debt free company that has been in business for over 50 years. They are growing beyond their predominantly southern footprint.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever managed community based recruitment programs?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was surprised that the compensation consisted of 50% base and 50% bonus (at risk). Also, the position was offered to me as an HR Manager not as a APD. The reason they gave for the lesser job was due to the number of restaurants (units).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (New Orleans, LA) in April 2011.

Interview

I had three interviews with the company. For each interview I drove over 30 miles to three different locations. given the nature of the position and the management layout I was fine with this. I found everyone I spoke with to be great and very informative about the company. It is simply a matter of I wanted to work there and they didn't like me I guess. It takes two to tango. I would encourage people to look at this position. It seems great and there is lots of potential for growth.

One thing I was a bit concerned with is that they ran a hard credit check on me 2 days after interviewing. Having an HR background this is something I would not have done until I was ready to possibly make an offer if at all. I can understand why it was done, just not the timing of it.