Waffle House Grill Operator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

1.6

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waffle House (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

You sit in a booth in the restaurant and go over usual questions why do you want to work here. What others jobs have you performed. Can you make it to work. Are you a trust worthy Person. Have you ever been convicted of a crime. Are you willing to take an drug test.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a reliable way to work.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Waffle House

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Tucson, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I went in for my interview.. and only waited 2 minutes until late the owner came and took me back for my interview he asked me a little about myself and my past work experience, he offered me a job as grill operator and then I was done .

Interview Questions

• They asked me.. if a customer comes in drunk and angry how would I handle them   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Clemson, SC).

Interview

The interview was a technicality for me. I knew several employees and the manager. They knew about my work ethics and ability to do the job before hand. I basically just showed up and talked with the manager at the time for a few minutes and got the details for where and when I had to show up for orientation. Since then the interview process has changed. Waffle house now has at least two members of management interview every new employee.

Anonymous Employee in Stockbridge, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Stockbridge, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I company is very great at their job and employees..in training.. they was direct on the question and waited for me to answer every question before asking another question.t raining was great seeing how they teach each and everyone was good it kept me wanting to do and learn more about the company.

Interview Questions

• Was I a great team to the waffle house   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Cumming, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Standard interview process but less formal. It is usually done at a waffle house in a booth. However, I've known many people to just skip it and go straight to the training. I was called and asked to come to another store than the one applied to on a day of my convenience. Once a day was agreed upon, I was met by the district recruiter. She was a representative of HR and in the booth went through the nature of the position with me.

It helps if you have met the store manager that you are applying to. Talk to them personally.

Interview Questions

• Where did you work previously?

Do you have reliable transportation or a way to get to work?

What do you expect from the position?   Answer Question

Grill Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waffle House in June 2014.

Interview

face to face pretty easy ask some question present drivers license and social for background check and call you a couple days later with another face to face interview follow up

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Waffle House (Columbia, SC) in January 2014.

Interview

Straight forward process. Sat down with the manager for about 5 mins and we were done. Then after that you have to call the hotline number and give the required information to the operator.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

asked about my job experiences . my criminal past and how much i want a . The manager asked do I want to start tomorrow, or next week. My friend set up the interview so I was able to skip some things others had to.

Anonymous Employee in Elkton, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Elkton, MD).

Interview

First, I called a hotline where I answered various personality questions. Then, I contacted the store to get an interview with the general manager. I had two interviews. I thought the general manager was very young and hip. I thought the district manager was friendly, but serious. The interview was at a table where the customers eat, not an office. The work culture is very energetic and stressed, but lethargic and dissatisfied.

Interview Questions

• Did you put in your two weeks at your last job? It didn’t work like that at my last job. My last job was also a minimum wage position and if you wanted to quit, then you would tell the manager and that was it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. This is a good position if you are in your late teens or early twenties.

Grill Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Its so easy.... its like talking to your parents. you wanna listen or not.