Waffle House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.3

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waffle House in August 2017.

Interview

Would like to expand and learn new tasks in life and progress into my future and help there organization growth and be an great employee and help others and obtain new talents and goals

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Waffle House (Daytona Beach, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the DM. He asked me a few questions about my work history, education, and life in general.
    After I answered, he stared at me smiling silently like Jack Nicholson's Joker character. He gave me the creeps so I basically blew him off and left.
    Always trust your instincts Ladies!

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Waffle House (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied at my campus job fair and received a call the next day. I interviewed the next week with the recruiter who contacted me and a few days later a DM. About a week later I had to take the assessment which takes about an hour and a half. The recruiter said they would be in touch in the next couple of days and I never heard from them again. I'm not upset about not getting an offer but I feel that if you make it to the last step in the interview process they at least owe you the courtesy of a phone call or email.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out X employee was stealing?   1 Answer

Unit Manager Interview

Interview

Was contacted by a couple of APDs, filled out online application and was told we would continue once the background check was completed. I informed them that I had a restricted license but was soon going to have it fully restored. The background check was completed, verifying what I told them about DL, at that time I was told they were not able to move forward until it was fully restored, but would keep my app/resume and then we would continue. While waiting, I tried to "touch base" a few times and no one would return calls. Once it was restored I sent copies to the APDs I was in contact with, a few days later I was told they were going in a different direction.
         As someone who has many many years in the restaurant industry and have recruited myself, it is funny the way that they do business in finding management. I've accepted another position with a different restaurant company offering more money and less hours. If you choose to go to WH, best of luck to you.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Cumming, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview itself wasn't very long about 15 minutes. Mostly likely didn't get the job because I don't have a car and couldn't easily get to the Orientation which was in another town.

Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

There are two rounds of interviews. I first interviewed with a recruiter, but because I did not have a driver's licence yet. The person told me that she will hold on my application and I can go to second round interview after I got my driver's licence.

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Waffle House (Lake Charles, LA) in June 2016.

Interview

Telephone contact led to in person interview where job was explained well. Very personal questions regarding not just illegal but legal drugs. Kind of put off by this at first interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done or are you using now any prescription or illegal drug   Answer Question

Unite Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Was brought in and fed lunch of my choice; went over advancement and path to advancement; discussed all benefits and was clearly informed that this would be something I would have to dedicate myself to. Understood. Asked to do more with them before I made a decision and was told that I would actually do a three day in-unit interview, which is exactly what I need to have before making the choice.
    Looking forward to more of the process unfolding; seems like I will be able to make a very informed decision.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked me was if I was able to work the hours that are established for me.   1 Answer

Master Grill Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Apply online, answer various questions, if you answer how they want, you get a confirmation number, give to manager, they call you back and ask you basic questions, then you are hired or denied.

Interview Questions

• Can you work at a fast pace   1 Answer

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Waffle House (Columbus, GA).

Interview

Taking to me and asking questions about pass jobs and how well do I work with others as a team and as well as individually. Have I ever worked for any other waffle houses do I have any waitressing experience. Do I have reliable transportation work performances. And how would I like to start working today.

Interview Questions

• If I was considered what can I bring to the waffle house experience?   1 Answer