Waffle House Waitress Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waffle House Waitress Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

1.5

Salesperson/Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waffle House in April 2017.

Interview

very easy, i was friends with them right away. and it was a two step process and the training was an easy week of shadowing. but the training was suppose to be at a hotel but was outside in the cold cause of the goverment doing meetings, wish they could had booked another place..

Server/Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Short.
    Asked the basic questions.
    Immediately met the manager.
    They sit you down and they talk to you like a person.
    Since they are desperate for employees it didn't take much.
    As long as you don't have face tattoos and can act like a human being and are A PEOPLE PERSON.. which is important.. Then there is no reason why you can't get a job here too.

Interview Questions

• Have you served before?   1 Answer
    • Where had you previously worked?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Augusta, GA).

Interview

My interview was quick since I was coming in with 16 years experience at a high volume restaurant, and also had rave reviews from prior employers. My previous experience spoke for itself and I was hired immediately

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Lynchburg, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online a got called back almost a month later. I set up an interview for the following day. You need to have a interview with 3 managers in order to be officially hired. The unit, district and division managers .The unit manager that called me got her days mixed up and was off so I was told by the district manager to come back 3 days later. I got there and waited for about 20 min until the unit manager came out. She asked a couple of questions and then made a call. When she came out she handed me a sheet of paper with my training date and explained to me the employee rules about appearance and showed me around. I start training in a week :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay already put in place buy the government . We get payed every Sunday in cash :) or by DD if you prefer.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I heard they were hiring so I filled out the online application. I was called and asked to interview later that day. At the interview, they asked me to come in the next day to start training.

Interview Questions

• What did you like/dislike about your previous job as a server?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Server minimum wage is mandated by the federal government.

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

There really wasn't much of a hiring process. I wrote my name and number on a napkin. The manager called me the next day and told me when orientation started. It started the following week. It lasted for two weeks. They pay you your state minimum wage during orientation, but as soon as you go to your store you go to good old $2.14 an hour. Professional, right? Lol.

Interview Questions

• What shift would you prefer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waffle House (Fort Myers, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

I walked in to the store and asked for an application and givin the store number and a yellow card to fill out and a phone survey to take. I then came in a few weeks later and the manager sat down with me asked for my information and gave my orientation ticket with all the information I'd need.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Macon, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I meet the manager on a Tuesday and that Thursday I was hired by the district manager. It's a fairly simple meeting they just want to see what kind of a person you are.

Interview Questions

• If a customer needed your help while you were on break would you help them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waffle House (Amarillo, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Met at the store & talked at a table.
    Very casual & in the same environment that I would be working in. The manager allowed me to take a menu home to start learning all the prices & daily specials.

Interview Questions

• What schedule am I available to work?
      Past waffle house experience?
      College background?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Harrisburg, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Fill out a short paper application and call in to answer additional questions. Then you get a person to person interview in two parts, one with a manager and one with a district manager.

Interview Questions

• what is your availability?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just accept the per hour pay, everyone starts the same. the tips are where you make your money