Waffle House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.1

Grill Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waffle House (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

You sit in a booth in the restaurant and go over usual questions why do you want to work here. What others jobs have you performed. Can you make it to work. Are you a trust worthy Person. Have you ever been convicted of a crime. Are you willing to take an drug test.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a reliable way to work.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

They moved fast. Completed the online application and within 2 hours got a call to set up a first interview with an HR person (area people director) for 2 days later. We both arrived early and started 1/2 hour ahead of schedule at a local waffle house. I did some homework on the company so that I could speak intelligently about it and ask good questions. Total interview only lasted about 1/2 hour and explained that they would move forward on my application and that there would still be another interview and a workday or two to put in to ensure we are a good fit for each other. Very informative, casual and overall went well I think.

Interview Questions

• Primarily wanted to know what questions I had about the position and the company.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Take an short assessment and fill out the application online, then they will call you in and you have to take a math test and watch a video. Then you will have a interview right after and if you get the job you go take a drug test.

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Augusta, GA).

Interview

My interview was quick since I was coming in with 16 years experience at a high volume restaurant, and also had rave reviews from prior employers. My previous experience spoke for itself and I was hired immediately

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with an H.R. supervisor: The individual was very personable and had upfront expectations. Additionally the H.R. professional was very candid and forthcoming with answers to all my questions.
    I was referred to a Regional Operations manager for a follow up. The operations manager had an easygoing demeanor and a likable personality. All of the management staff that I met seemed to be extremely positive people and really happy in their positions with the company. I found the culture infectious and alluring me to join their team.

Interview Questions

• I found it refreshing that the 1st thing I was asked wasn't about my qualifications ( employers can always get that from the resume, but then they always drill you on it anyway) However; in this instance they asked me what I hoped to get from an employment / management opportunity with a company. I mean they sincerely asked like they were really trying to find people who were like-minded and would be good fit. I appreciated that. I initially put their offer on the back burner ( as I have several other offers to consider at this time) but the more I research the Co. & the culture , the more I think I may re-visit working with them.   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myakka City, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Myakka City, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Went in bar asked if they were hiring she said yes and gave me an application to fill out after I did she said she would keep me in mind wouldn't be till sometime in December

Grill Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Tucson, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I went in for my interview.. and only waited 2 minutes until late the owner came and took me back for my interview he asked me a little about myself and my past work experience, he offered me a job as grill operator and then I was done .

Interview Questions

• They asked me.. if a customer comes in drunk and angry how would I handle them   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Kennesaw, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole interview process was very tedious and unprofessional, but it did go by very quickly. They asked questions that at times had nothing to do with the food industry , I had arrived to my interview early and didn't start it until 30 minutes AFTER the scheduled interview time. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Did not like how everything went.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darien, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Darien, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a very smooth, laid back process. The Area People Director hosted the interview, she was very kind, very thorough and personable. She asked questions but made sure you didn't have any along the way. She spoke very highly of the company and made you want to be a part of their team!

Interview Questions

• What made you choose the Waffle House as an option for your future?   Answer Question

Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

There are two rounds of interviews. I first interviewed with a recruiter, but because I did not have a driver's licence yet. The person told me that she will hold on my application and I can go to second round interview after I got my driver's licence.