Waffle House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.1

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manheim, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Manheim, PA).

Interview

Applied online, heard back within a few days. Set up an interview for the following week. Met with the manager of the local branch to discuss personal skills, communication skills, etc. one on one.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a conflict with a manager and how did you handle/resolve it?   1 Answer

Unit Manager Interview

Interview

Was contacted by a couple of APDs, filled out online application and was told we would continue once the background check was completed. I informed them that I had a restricted license but was soon going to have it fully restored. The background check was completed, verifying what I told them about DL, at that time I was told they were not able to move forward until it was fully restored, but would keep my app/resume and then we would continue. While waiting, I tried to "touch base" a few times and no one would return calls. Once it was restored I sent copies to the APDs I was in contact with, a few days later I was told they were going in a different direction.
         As someone who has many many years in the restaurant industry and have recruited myself, it is funny the way that they do business in finding management. I've accepted another position with a different restaurant company offering more money and less hours. If you choose to go to WH, best of luck to you.

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Pensacola, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

You go through two painless, pleasant interviews. The first was with the store manager and the second was with the district manager. Bothe interviews were at location of which I appliex.

Interview Questions

• What I enjoyed anout waiting tables.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Dallas, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was great took no time to get all three interviews and got hired on after my orientation. I love all three manger as well sweet ppl. Jimmy Shay bayyy

Interview Questions

• Why do i like working for ppl?   1 Answer

Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Professional, but later realized it was all a show. (lie) This company put on a game-face, but never delivered. I have worked for bad companies before, but this is the worst.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to sell your soul to the devil for a few dollars? (not a real question, but it should have been)   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Waffle House (Conroe, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Asst. Manager interviewed me. I thought she was nice!! The customer told.me they hired a lot of ppl. It's a scam!!! They just bring you in one day to wash their dishes!!!

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (New York, NY).

Interview

whom you presvous work for before. what do you do in your sparw time. di you think you can do this job? this is like no other job uou precious had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Cumming, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview itself wasn't very long about 15 minutes. Mostly likely didn't get the job because I don't have a car and couldn't easily get to the Orientation which was in another town.

HR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waffle House (New York, NY).

Interview

Honestly, the interview was unprofessional and the whole recruiting process is based off of a lie that you'll make X amount of dollars per hour, but really you won't make that until you're at the top of the chain. During the interview, the interviewer said neither he or his boss had been to a Waffle House until they needed to care. So overall, I wouldn't bother interviewing or working here.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself married or having kids in five years?   1 Answer

Server/Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Short.
    Asked the basic questions.
    Immediately met the manager.
    They sit you down and they talk to you like a person.
    Since they are desperate for employees it didn't take much.
    As long as you don't have face tattoos and can act like a human being and are A PEOPLE PERSON.. which is important.. Then there is no reason why you can't get a job here too.

Interview Questions

• Have you served before?   1 Answer
    • Where had you previously worked?   1 Answer