Waffle House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.0

Grill Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Tucson, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I went in for my interview.. and only waited 2 minutes until late the owner came and took me back for my interview he asked me a little about myself and my past work experience, he offered me a job as grill operator and then I was done .

Interview Questions

• They asked me.. if a customer comes in drunk and angry how would I handle them   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Kennesaw, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole interview process was very tedious and unprofessional, but it did go by very quickly. They asked questions that at times had nothing to do with the food industry , I had arrived to my interview early and didn't start it until 30 minutes AFTER the scheduled interview time. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Did not like how everything went.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darien, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Darien, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a very smooth, laid back process. The Area People Director hosted the interview, she was very kind, very thorough and personable. She asked questions but made sure you didn't have any along the way. She spoke very highly of the company and made you want to be a part of their team!

Interview Questions

• What made you choose the Waffle House as an option for your future?   Answer Question

Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

There are two rounds of interviews. I first interviewed with a recruiter, but because I did not have a driver's licence yet. The person told me that she will hold on my application and I can go to second round interview after I got my driver's licence.

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waffle House (Longmont, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted an online application and just one hour later was called in for an interview for the following day. I was interviewed by the District Manager who was extremely friendly and easy to talk to, making me feel less nervous. I was asked some questions and then unofficially offered the job simply because Waffle House has a "It takes two" hiring policy. I was recommended to the Store manager who then hired me and I started that Thursday (the original interview was on a Saturday)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Grill Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Clemson, SC).

Interview

The interview was a technicality for me. I knew several employees and the manager. They knew about my work ethics and ability to do the job before hand. I basically just showed up and talked with the manager at the time for a few minutes and got the details for where and when I had to show up for orientation. Since then the interview process has changed. Waffle house now has at least two members of management interview every new employee.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waffle House (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was great HR manager was really nice and polite. Stuck to the basics about the company didn't make me feel. Small in any way . Went out of her way to find out if they cabin accommodate my work schedule.

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Lynchburg, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online a got called back almost a month later. I set up an interview for the following day. You need to have a interview with 3 managers in order to be officially hired. The unit, district and division managers .The unit manager that called me got her days mixed up and was off so I was told by the district manager to come back 3 days later. I got there and waited for about 20 min until the unit manager came out. She asked a couple of questions and then made a call. When she came out she handed me a sheet of paper with my training date and explained to me the employee rules about appearance and showed me around. I start training in a week :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay already put in place buy the government . We get payed every Sunday in cash :) or by DD if you prefer.

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Got called the next day. Went in at 9am for an "interview." It was literally just being given information on when the training class was, where it was, and what was going to happen. It was 7am-3pm on Thursday and Friday. Then we would have a few days on the floor, and then back to the training place to get out certification.
    At the training class we were given a thick cook which we filled out. We watched a long movie. Got lunch both days which was a plus. Then at the end of the second day we took a test in the back of said book. Twenty multiple choice and filling out tickets.
    Those who scored over a 80% were basically guaranteed their job, anyone under had to have their store manager rung and then have our trainer give the manager a run down of how the person who failed acted, ultimately sealing their fate of getting turned away or told it was okay because their performance was up to par.
    I pasted with a 96% and got my job. Spent some time on the floor, went back, got my red star thing which i thought was going to be a test. It was literally just kinda given to us.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Waffle House in July 2016.

Interview

Horrible. Nothing but personal questions asked. They offer me the job, but wanted me to start 1 step lower, and work my way up. I accepted, but had to do another interview. Guy didnt ask me a question, but hired me on the spot. Said he would call with a start date on monday. Never called. I called 3 times. Each time they said they would call me back later because they were busy. They never did. Got tired of wsiting, so I went to the restaurant. Saw a different manager, explained the situation, and he said, "thats just how it is with the managers here". He said he would talk to the original manager and get back to me the next day. Never did. Here I am, over a month later, and still no call. I wish they would call so I could have showed them how real managers go sbout their day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Horrible. There was none.