Waffle House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.1

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Melbourne, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

very simple questions. they ask about your availability and if you have reliable transport. Very relaxed. the supervisor made me feel relaxed and very comfortable. You get to talk to staff about their experience and ask questions about pay and how well they fit in with their environment.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well with others   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

In person interview with management and franchise ownershihp. Gave realistic expectations of the position. Reviewed requirements and goals for the position in the coming year and years ahead. Explained opportunities for growth within the organization.

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I heard they were hiring so I filled out the online application. I was called and asked to interview later that day. At the interview, they asked me to come in the next day to start training.

Interview Questions

• What did you like/dislike about your previous job as a server?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Server minimum wage is mandated by the federal government.

Unite Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Was brought in and fed lunch of my choice; went over advancement and path to advancement; discussed all benefits and was clearly informed that this would be something I would have to dedicate myself to. Understood. Asked to do more with them before I made a decision and was told that I would actually do a three day in-unit interview, which is exactly what I need to have before making the choice.
    Looking forward to more of the process unfolding; seems like I will be able to make a very informed decision.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked me was if I was able to work the hours that are established for me.   1 Answer

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Norfolk, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was about a month due to upper management being on vacation but after that it was brief. I interviewed with the Regional Manager, Area People Director and also the Senior Vice President and they were very pleasant. Overall, I've enjoyed the interview process and today is my last day of my In-Unit training upon receiving an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Master Grill Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Apply online, answer various questions, if you answer how they want, you get a confirmation number, give to manager, they call you back and ask you basic questions, then you are hired or denied.

Interview Questions

• Can you work at a fast pace   1 Answer

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waffle House (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was very knowledgeable about the company policies. The company's mission and food preparation and service. I was impress by the attentiveness of the interviewer. I was recruited through a colllege job fair. I was told about the career path the company has in place. I have worked in food service before and this appear to be a doeable trandition. Anonymous

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moncks Corner, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Moncks Corner, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was short and sweet. I was told then and there whether I was going to be furthered in the hiring process. My best advice is to look like you take care of your appearance and to speak clearly. The second interview was the same and I was sent straight to training. Training wasn't difficult and it won't be for you unless you're shy or soft spoken.

Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

you will meet with two different people, have a in-store dry run to see if you like it. The interview process goes through the person that refereed you and through the human resource manager.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waffle House (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied to be a cook but I was told that I would start off as a host (which didn't even make minimum wage). The interview was awsome, they asked valuble questions acknowledged my improvement in work history and everything so I knew they meant bussiness.. They were very honest about the work load and questioned my interest in workinh nights in the area I applied for which showed their concernment.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation? Do you drive?   1 Answer
    • How often have you changed phone numbers within the last two years?   1 Answer
    • What wpuld ypu do if a fight broke out?   1 Answer