Waffle House Salesperson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waffle House Salesperson Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2016

1.3

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Got called the next day. Went in at 9am for an "interview." It was literally just being given information on when the training class was, where it was, and what was going to happen. It was 7am-3pm on Thursday and Friday. Then we would have a few days on the floor, and then back to the training place to get out certification.
At the training class we were given a thick cook which we filled out. We watched a long movie. Got lunch both days which was a plus. Then at the end of the second day we took a test in the back of said book. Twenty multiple choice and filling out tickets.
Those who scored over a 80% were basically guaranteed their job, anyone under had to have their store manager rung and then have our trainer give the manager a run down of how the person who failed acted, ultimately sealing their fate of getting turned away or told it was okay because their performance was up to par.
I pasted with a 96% and got my job. Spent some time on the floor, went back, got my red star thing which i thought was going to be a test. It was literally just kinda given to us.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Waffle House

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Mobile, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and the next day I had an interview. I went in and met with the store manager, she really liked me so she asked me to come back the next day and meet with the Division Manager, well I got all the way through to the end of all the interviews and the Division Manager said that she'd be in touch. Well, I never heard anything and when I did I was finally told that she'd decided to pass.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Waffle House (Columbus, GA).

Interview

Taking to me and asking questions about pass jobs and how well do I work with others as a team and as well as individually. Have I ever worked for any other waffle houses do I have any waitressing experience. Do I have reliable transportation work performances. And how would I like to start working today.

Interview Questions

• If I was considered what can I bring to the waffle house experience?   1 Answer

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

First you go to orientation dressed in black slacks and a white top. You watch and learn about safety hazards. Take a simple test on the way to call your order

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no protection for the workers. They dont pay second shift enough. They do the most work and hardly any customer to make money. They dont want ti pay minimum wage

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Greenwood, MS) in November 2015.

Interview

A friendly hand shake gesture with a smile making eye contact. The employer made me feel at ease by offering a drink during the interview process. During the interview, the employer also was watching his employees making sure they was busy working. The employees was friendly and respectful during the process.

Interview Questions

• What was my duties at Waffle House in Georgia?   1 Answer
    • What did you like about the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

During that time when I applied for the job, on the application it says check the days that you can work and the days you are not available to work. Ok, I checked Sundays off because its my days that I attend church.., so Waffle House being themselves as usual, they put me down on the schedule for Sundays to work. I then noticed it and made it aware to my employer that I cant work on Sundays because it the day that I attend church. The employer didn't care and I felt disrespectful because he didn't honor my request.

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waffle House (Christiansburg, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

They would ask typical questions of a restaurant business. The interview was really easy and the managment was really gentle because they were really needing people at the time. Overall the interview experience was good. No difficult questions.

Anonymous Employee in Jonesville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Jonesville, NC).

Interview

I met with the District Manager upon walking in, who happened to be in the unit that day. Completed application, discussed available hours, uniforms, availability, etc. This took place in 1997, I was hired as a Salesperson then advanced through the ranks of management. I left the company on good terms due to a personal situation.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation to and from work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phenix City, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Phenix City, AL) in May 2014.

Interview

Quick and easy. I went in on a Thursday, asked for an application, bought it in the next day and got hired on the spot and started the following Monday, without an interview and I didn't even bring my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Brookhaven, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Brookhaven, MS) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was quick and to the point, I was called in the same day I applied. The benefits were metioned and it was made clear that I would be compensated for the wages I did not make in tips, which is important to me since I had bills and needed to further my education. I was called about 30 minutes after the interview and asked if I could work the next day. No drug test was given which I found strange.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or really even personal questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Gainesville, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

I went in on Tuesday (08/27/2013) and received an interview that same day. I received a call back 10 days later on (09/05/2013) about meeting with the Division manager. After that interview I received a call telling me to come to the restaurant on (09/16/2013) in such I started orientation..I had orientation for 5 days and I now with in the new restaurant they built here..