Waffle House Salesperson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 4, 2017

1.4

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waffle House (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

we had to have 3 different interviews with district regional managers. you have to take a class and watch a two hour lpong movie, then you have to take a test in their workbook and get 70%

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Waffle House

Anonymous Employee in Stockbridge, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waffle House (Stockbridge, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. unit manager called me a day later. did an interview the following Monday.. waited a whole week so she could get back to me.. did another interview and then they told me to go to training which was two days and then off to work they sent me.

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waffle House (Fayetteville, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

As long as you come in with a positive and professional attitude, there's no reason you won't get the job in a small town. They'll hire pretty much anyone that follows the requirements.

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waffle House (Longmont, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted an online application and just one hour later was called in for an interview for the following day. I was interviewed by the District Manager who was extremely friendly and easy to talk to, making me feel less nervous. I was asked some questions and then unofficially offered the job simply because Waffle House has a "It takes two" hiring policy. I was recommended to the Store manager who then hired me and I started that Thursday (the original interview was on a Saturday)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Got called the next day. Went in at 9am for an "interview." It was literally just being given information on when the training class was, where it was, and what was going to happen. It was 7am-3pm on Thursday and Friday. Then we would have a few days on the floor, and then back to the training place to get out certification.
    At the training class we were given a thick cook which we filled out. We watched a long movie. Got lunch both days which was a plus. Then at the end of the second day we took a test in the back of said book. Twenty multiple choice and filling out tickets.
    Those who scored over a 80% were basically guaranteed their job, anyone under had to have their store manager rung and then have our trainer give the manager a run down of how the person who failed acted, ultimately sealing their fate of getting turned away or told it was okay because their performance was up to par.
    I pasted with a 96% and got my job. Spent some time on the floor, went back, got my red star thing which i thought was going to be a test. It was literally just kinda given to us.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waffle House (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

When you apply for Waffle House, you get a series of three interviews. One with the Unit Manager, one with the Division Manager(Maybe the HR), and one with the District Manager. It wasn't bad at all (and this is coming from someone who hates interviews, it makes me nervous).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Mobile, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and the next day I had an interview. I went in and met with the store manager, she really liked me so she asked me to come back the next day and meet with the Division Manager, well I got all the way through to the end of all the interviews and the Division Manager said that she'd be in touch. Well, I never heard anything and when I did I was finally told that she'd decided to pass.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Waffle House (Columbus, GA).

Interview

Taking to me and asking questions about pass jobs and how well do I work with others as a team and as well as individually. Have I ever worked for any other waffle houses do I have any waitressing experience. Do I have reliable transportation work performances. And how would I like to start working today.

Interview Questions

• If I was considered what can I bring to the waffle house experience?   1 Answer

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

First you go to orientation dressed in black slacks and a white top. You watch and learn about safety hazards. Take a simple test on the way to call your order

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no protection for the workers. They dont pay second shift enough. They do the most work and hardly any customer to make money. They dont want ti pay minimum wage

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Greenwood, MS) in November 2015.

Interview

A friendly hand shake gesture with a smile making eye contact. The employer made me feel at ease by offering a drink during the interview process. During the interview, the employer also was watching his employees making sure they was busy working. The employees was friendly and respectful during the process.

Interview Questions

• What was my duties at Waffle House in Georgia?   1 Answer
    • What did you like about the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

During that time when I applied for the job, on the application it says check the days that you can work and the days you are not available to work. Ok, I checked Sundays off because its my days that I attend church.., so Waffle House being themselves as usual, they put me down on the schedule for Sundays to work. I then noticed it and made it aware to my employer that I cant work on Sundays because it the day that I attend church. The employer didn't care and I felt disrespectful because he didn't honor my request.