Waffle House Unit Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.6

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Unit Manager Interview

Interview

Was contacted by a couple of APDs, filled out online application and was told we would continue once the background check was completed. I informed them that I had a restricted license but was soon going to have it fully restored. The background check was completed, verifying what I told them about DL, at that time I was told they were not able to move forward until it was fully restored, but would keep my app/resume and then we would continue. While waiting, I tried to "touch base" a few times and no one would return calls. Once it was restored I sent copies to the APDs I was in contact with, a few days later I was told they were going in a different direction.
     As someone who has many many years in the restaurant industry and have recruited myself, it is funny the way that they do business in finding management. I've accepted another position with a different restaurant company offering more money and less hours. If you choose to go to WH, best of luck to you.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Waffle House

Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Professional, but later realized it was all a show. (lie) This company put on a game-face, but never delivered. I have worked for bad companies before, but this is the worst.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to sell your soul to the devil for a few dollars? (not a real question, but it should have been)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

There are two rounds of interviews. I first interviewed with a recruiter, but because I did not have a driver's licence yet. The person told me that she will hold on my application and I can go to second round interview after I got my driver's licence.

Unite Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Was brought in and fed lunch of my choice; went over advancement and path to advancement; discussed all benefits and was clearly informed that this would be something I would have to dedicate myself to. Understood. Asked to do more with them before I made a decision and was told that I would actually do a three day in-unit interview, which is exactly what I need to have before making the choice.
    Looking forward to more of the process unfolding; seems like I will be able to make a very informed decision.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked me was if I was able to work the hours that are established for me.   1 Answer

Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

you will meet with two different people, have a in-store dry run to see if you like it. The interview process goes through the person that refereed you and through the human resource manager.

Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Took about 2-3 weeks. Met with people director division and regional manager. Did an in unit at the store to see what a day is like. Also require a hair sample drug test that goes back at least 6 months. They'll make offer after you clear.

Interview Questions

• Why WH? What motivates you? Restaurant experience? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Multiple steps involved in process, in unit evaluation, drug test, background test, personality test, minimum of 2 interviews. Not well organized. Did not receive call backs when promised. Process takes any where from 2 to 6 weeks.

Unit Manager Interview

Interview

Talk with two levels above management, which would be the division and the area leader above the district manager, and an area people director. Most of the upper management are laid back and really easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Waffle House (Myrtle Beach, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the division manager and the avp. They were very attractive men and really made the job look great. They told me I would never cook and I'd usually be out by 3pm. They made it seem like it was very easy to move up the corporate ladder and life as a manager was stress free. They definitely hyped up the jobs and failed to tell the truth about what the job really consisted of.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work holidays?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Tuscaloosa, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

First I applied for the position, which wasn't difficult. We set up an interview in person at a Waffle house. They gave me a sales pitch for the job and told me all the wonderful things about the company. I liked what i was hearing just the hours sounded awful and the work sounded worse to me. It really isn't a bad job but just wasn't for me. If you have a 4 year degree you can do better. You can read get more detail from another review.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions to show they were interested in me.   Answer Question