Waffle House Unit Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 2, 2017

2.6

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Waffle House (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied at my campus job fair and received a call the next day. I interviewed the next week with the recruiter who contacted me and a few days later a DM. About a week later I had to take the assessment which takes about an hour and a half. The recruiter said they would be in touch in the next couple of days and I never heard from them again. I'm not upset about not getting an offer but I feel that if you make it to the last step in the interview process they at least owe you the courtesy of a phone call or email.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out X employee was stealing?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Waffle House

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Waffle House (Lake Charles, LA) in June 2016.

Interview

Telephone contact led to in person interview where job was explained well. Very personal questions regarding not just illegal but legal drugs. Kind of put off by this at first interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done or are you using now any prescription or illegal drug   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Norfolk, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was about a month due to upper management being on vacation but after that it was brief. I interviewed with the Regional Manager, Area People Director and also the Senior Vice President and they were very pleasant. Overall, I've enjoyed the interview process and today is my last day of my In-Unit training upon receiving an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waffle House (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was very knowledgeable about the company policies. The company's mission and food preparation and service. I was impress by the attentiveness of the interviewer. I was recruited through a colllege job fair. I was told about the career path the company has in place. I have worked in food service before and this appear to be a doeable trandition. Anonymous

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waffle House in January 2016.

Interview

The first step is the telephone interview. They ask many questions to find out about your background and interest.

If they like you, you will be invited to a formal interview. Dress the part!!! The interview will more than likely be near a waffle house. Be aware this interview might be longgggggggg. If it is that's a good sign; chances are they like you.

Last step will be a three day in unit. It is a paid interview. You will perform every position and work with the employees in that unit.

Within a week you will get a call confirming if they want you to be part of their management team or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told my offer the day of my orientation. It was a hefty amount so I had no choice but to accept ;)

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Multi-step: 1) meet with Division Manager 2) Meet with Division and Area Vice President.

The management is focused on finding out if you are a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit. I enjoyed conversing with management.

The process is very straight-forward. The Division Manager screens potential candidates for decent ones and then forwards his findings to the AVP. The AVP (I suppose) is the one who determines if another interview is in order. It is pretty much a numbers game for them. They want to find as many UM trainees as possible that are committed to this line of work and go from there. Part of their bonuses depends on UM trainees hired.

Interview Questions

• It was years ago when I worked for the company but they asked things about motivation, self-discipline, leadership, following instructions, etc... They want to hire pit bulls, i.e., managers with a hard-nose to get the job done yet still listen to management.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online for the unit manager position. The next day I received a response from HR to schedule a face-to-face interview at a local Waffle House. I arrived 30 minutes early and the HR rep arrived on time. She was accompanied by a People Director in training so the interview was 2 to 1. The process was very easy going and the questions were not difficult because I am familiar with the waffle house brand.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   Answer Question
    • How will your family deal with you working holidays?   1 Answer

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Thorough process, well thought-out questions to determine eligibility for position. The most difficult question was regarding previous experience and ability to work a variety of hours and days. Overall experience was very positive.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was regarding previous experience and ability to work a variety of hours and days.   Answer Question

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward, I met with the Region Manager and District Manager, discussing what I was interested in achieving and doing as a manager as well as my philosophies regarding work ethic and customer relationships. We discussed previous work and how it'd apply to the job, and spent a good amount of time going over exactly what the job would entail. Overall, it was a good experience!

Interview Questions

• They asked about the salary at the end of the interview, which I was not entirely expecting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked what I would like to be compensated for the job, it was simple enough. I asked for a salary comparable to the average on this site for the job I applied for.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy! Met with the area people director inside the unit. talked with him for about an hour. Left and took a personality assessment. got a call a week later to do an in unit interview.

Interview Questions

• what makes you qualified for the job?   1 Answer