Waffle House Waitress Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

1.5

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Waffle House (Conroe, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Asst. Manager interviewed me. I thought she was nice!! The customer told.me they hired a lot of ppl. It's a scam!!! They just bring you in one day to wash their dishes!!!

Other Interview Reviews for Waffle House

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

There really wasn't much of a hiring process. I wrote my name and number on a napkin. The manager called me the next day and told me when orientation started. It started the following week. It lasted for two weeks. They pay you your state minimum wage during orientation, but as soon as you go to your store you go to good old $2.14 an hour. Professional, right? Lol.

Interview Questions

• What shift would you prefer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Conway, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Waffle House (Conway, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

Walked into a Waffle House, asked if they were hiring and asked for an application. I took it home, filled it out and turned it into a different store. Once I handed it to the waitress I walked out, about 3 people ran after me asking me to come back in to speak to the manager. I came back in, he told me to have a seat and he would be right with me. He sat down, asked me if I wanted something to drink, I said no. He told me hourly pay was $3 and I had to work every holiday. He then sent me to another store that needed help and once I arrived there and talked to that manager I was hired on the spot. Whole process took about hour and a half

Interview Questions

• Do you have any customer service experience?   1 Answer
    • Are there any scheduling conflicts you may have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay. I was expecting $2.13, I got $3. Was pleased with what I got. As long as you get tips hourly pay isn't as important

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

It was easy interview only asked did I have any restaurant experience and do I have criminal record told me to come back next day for second interview with district manager

Anonymous Employee in Lithonia, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Waffle House (Lithonia, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

I didn't really have an interview. All he told me to do is go to the orientation and fill everything out. Next thing you know I started that Monday. Training was the most difficult part because they just throw you in first shift and expected me to know everything there is to know.

Interview Questions

• Can you please pee in this cup?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Mobile, AL) in September 2013.

Interview

I had went into Waffle House on August 26, 2013 and picked up a mini application, went home filled it out, called the 866 number, wrote down my reference number, and turned in my application. I received a call on September 12, 2013 from a Waffle House manager to meet the following day. Got to my interview 20 minutes early, filled out my employment application and my background check consent. I was interviewed by the manager and the Waffle House recruiter. They said they would give me a call. Got a call from the recruiter on September 18, 2013 to meet with a manager at another location on the 19th. I got hired on the spot. Now I have to go in Sunday and talk with the manager.

Interview Questions

• No question was hard or difficult. They mainly ask you, "Why Waffle House?" and "Have you ever worked for Waffle House?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The pay is $2.85/hr plus tips. You either take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Waffle House (New Orleans, LA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview was informal. There was food involved. It was gently raining outside, which provided a comforting acoustic backdrop to the pure poetry of the interview. The interview lasted naught but a brief ten minutes. "Can you serve waffles?" they asked. "Yes," I responded, rapturously. "Yes, I can."

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Jacksonville, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

I went in to apply and filled out a very short application. I went another day to turn that in and the manager gave me a full length application. I filled that out and he simply talked about the store for a bit. A month later they called me and asked me to come in for training. I did not have an actual interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, you get waitress pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Mobile, AL) in February 2013.

Interview

I went in the store and got a mini application. Filled the mini application number out and called the number on the back. Got my confirmation code and wrote it down. Took the mini application back to that same Waffle House and filled out another application and I gave it to the manager and he said he would give me a call back.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waffle House (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

It was short and simple, Answer a few questions and that is it. I was in and out in an orderly fashion. I was scared at first but when I saw that they had a open heart-warming smile on there face, I" loosened up,

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a situation whereas a customer order is incorrect and they are upset about it?   Answer Question