Wag! Dog Walker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2018

1.9

96 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wag! (Madison, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is relatively simple and similar to any other online/app-based care positions. One must complete some extensive "quizzes" with basic pet care and home care questions. There are a couple of short videos followed by quizzes regarding dog care and use of the Wag app. They require 3 references.

Interview Questions

• What are some common leashes? What do they look like? What is their function and how are they applied and used?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wag!

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wag! (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Listed my references and heard back within a few days from wag. They have an initial video/phone interview and then an orientation to get acquainted with the app and gear.

Interview Questions

• What is your background working with dogs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wag! (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Short 5 minute conversation with a Wag rep to talk about my dog care experience and ability to respond to tricky situations. We talked about how to use the Wag App and how to earn extra money just by referring my friends and family.

Interview Questions

• How to approach a dog for the first time when an owner is not present.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wag! (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

First, there was an online quiz where you are asked several questions about dogs, watch a short video, then answer more questions. After that, there was a phone interview, which just asked about your experience and some basic questions. If you passed that one, they will schedule you for a in-person test of how to put one leash on the dog.

Dog Walker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wag! in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on the website, The application process is lengthy since you have to do a write in answers section and take a little quiz. Not even a day later I received an email saying they wanted me to watch a video and take another quiz, after that I was scheduled for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview and was scheduled for orientation right away. I went to orientation and had to do a hands on test to see if I was able to put on one of the dog harnesses. (If you can't put it on, you get disqualified) Practice the (easy walk, gentle leader, step-in, and prong) you will be given ONE at random so study all. If you passed the harness test then you are asked for a form of ID and a credit or debit card with $25 to pay for your background check. Then you are given a shirt and business cards along with bandanas. The orientation begins and they will go over all information you need to know. After that, they take your photo and video.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, just passed the background check and you go from there.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wag! (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

Sign up online on computer but preferably on your phone is best then phone screen sign up then once approved meet and greet with group for collar test one person goes up gets one collar at random and you put it on you get a little bit to play with it try it and if you absolutely can't put it in you get dismissed but you can always come back again so practice the easy walk , prong collar, gentle lead and the step in collars. Watch YouTube videos not all stores have these collars to try before your orientation

Interview Questions

• 1. Experience
      2. Why you want to walk dogs with wag
      3. What collars are you familiar with
      4. How would you handle the situation uf the dog gets aggressive
      5. Would you let it meet other dogs on the street   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wag! (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I filled a questionnaire out online, then watched a video and answered questions, then had a phone screen, and then went in for a group interview.

The group interview consisted of putting a harness on a fake dog.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wag! (New York, NY).

Interview

A computer interview, a computer test, and a phone interview. After the phone interview they said I would hear back that night, but didn't even get a courtesy email, very unprofessional. Also, all the people I listed as references started getting spam emails from them, not cool.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a dog runs away from you while out on a walk?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wag! (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The online applying process consists of answering multiple choice questions about your dog walking abilities. Questions range from asking about what you would do in certain dog walking situations, to asking you questions about how to use the dog walking app (all these questions can be answered and figured out after you are prompted to watch the dog walking video)

After I submitted my application and finished my test, I was sent a confirmation email. I believe it was only a few days later I received an email asking me to set up a time for a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked to speak about myself, my experience with dogs, and was asked how I would handle dogs in a variety of situations.

After the phone interview, I was then provided an orientation date based off my location and a week later I had orientation.

For orientation, do not arrive late. If you arrive late they will nicely tell you to leave. Being prompt is such an important part of Wag, you must be on time, or even early. At orientation I sat in a room with about 10 other people. We were given a few harnesses that were passed around the room with a stuffed dog. The orientation leader was really sweet and allowed us to see the harnesses, get a feel for them and then she watched us put them on the stuffed dog. If you aren't able to put the harness on the dog, you are asked to leave. Some orientation leaders are more lenient and will give you a few seconds to adjust the harness to make sure its 100% correct, while other leaders tell you to leave if you can't get it right the first time. My suggestion is to watch a few youtube videos on the harnesses before you go in and are tested. The harnesses are passed around the room by your fellow wag walkers so its a toss up which one you are going to get tested on.

We were then prompted to pay for our background checks which cost $25 and you can't walk with Wag if you don't have one. Our orientation leader walked around the room while people were working on harnesses and processed our credit cards to pay for our background checks.

After we were tested with the harnesses and paid for our background checks, we were given our t-shirts, dog wag bandanas, wag promo code business cards and then talked about all things Wag. We learned about the app, how we get paid, best practices for dog walking, etc. When we were all set learning about all things Wag we were all asked to leave the room and one by one we went back in and had our pictures taken as well as recorded a quick video bio about who you are and where you are walking for Wag. As soon as our video was done, we were set to leave!

Two days later, I received an email telling me that my background check passed and I was then sent the link to the Wag walker app that we then download to use for our walks. Once you download the app and have it set, you are then asked to perform a 'test walk'. A 'test walk' simply means you go through the steps of how you would accept a real life walk. During this 'test walk' you aren't actually walking a dog or meeting with any client, you are simply going through the app to make sure you are aware of how it works to accept walks.

Once your test walk is complete, this takes a few seconds, you are officially a dog walker for Wag.
    The process for becoming a dog walker is made easy at Wag. Everyone that I have worked with at Wag while it be a client, the orientation leader, customer service, is positive, friendly, and looking out for your best interest.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with dogs?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to walk for Wag?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wag! (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Apply online. It is easy for a person very well experienced in caring for dogs. It may be harder for those who are not. I've heard they changed it now, but when I took it I had to type in my answers in word boxes and gotten very detailed on my 2nd try when I received an invitation to continue on the hiring process.