Wag! Dog Walker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wag! Dog Walker Interview Questions

Interviews at Wag!

1.9

Dog Walker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wag!.

Interview

Completed a test online about safe dog handling practices, but they also provide some study material in advance. After I passed I received a request for a background check (you have to pay the $25 fee), then was invited to a group setting with about 15 people that discussed Wag!'s policies and answered questions, affirming that we had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wag!

Dog Walker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wag!.

Interview

The entire process was done online and was fairly simple - Quiz, recommendations, more thorough quiz, creating profile. There was no really personal touch to the interview process. The quizzes were fairly simple. The most difficult part is creating the profile.

Interview Questions

• What are some necessary tools for a dog walker to carry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Wag! (San Antonio, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

All I remember is reviewing some dog information and being quizzed over it, online, in a video type format. There was no formal interview. I filled out a questionnaire, added some references and then got the video stuff already mentioned.

Interview Questions

• Proper way to put different types of harnesses on a dog. Knowing different types of harnesses and their proper uses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Walks are paid based on different rates; times vary as well as ongoing flash sales, all are different prices.

Dog Walker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wag!.

Interview

It was simple, I got an email back and hope to eventually work for the company. They asked me basic things about the dogs I had, the dogs I cared for and why I wanted to be a dog walker, once again, extremely simple.

Dog Walker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wag!.

Interview

Filled out app online, a couple quizzes on dog walking and the wag app, 60second video to send in (or option phone interview)
    Process was quick, they asked for up to 5 recommendations, i only put three

Dog Walker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wag!.

Interview

Online application & bio, Online quizzes regarding Wag! app, dog harnesses, and dog behavior, unknown video interview question, in person training ($25 fee) with headshot & intro video recorded, and background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you first approach a dog you didn't know?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wag! (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Listed my references and heard back within a few days from wag. They have an initial video/phone interview and then an orientation to get acquainted with the app and gear.

Interview Questions

• What is your background working with dogs?   1 Answer

Dog Walker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wag!.

Interview

at least three references and basic knowledge test, references are contacted immediately, and if approved additional safety test emailed to you and youtube video on app, upload bio and profile picture. tests are scenario based mostly or about different kinds of harnesses

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wag! (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

You first complete an online application. They asked for at least three references, and the final message was "Skip the line and add three more," with a request for more references. I had no idea what "skip the line" meant but soon thereafter realized they were spamming my references with marketing messages.

You then complete a couple online quizzes that cover the same material as the application process.

You also have to agree to receive marketing messages/calls from them and their affiliates in order to just submit your application.

Interview Questions

• Which of these is a Gentle Leader (with photos of four different kinds of harnesses)?   1 Answer

Dog Walker Interview

Interview

They first ask you to fill out an application/profile online asking about your experience with dogs. Then there is a portion where you submit a video response to 2 questions. They will email you information on scheduling an orientation if you pass.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an off-leash dog approached you on a walk?   Answer Question