WageWorks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Admin Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (Tempe, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I would say it was the standard process. Starts with the a phone interview. Next there is a 1:1 with HR. Final a group interview. Pretty straight forward.

Workforce Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (Irving, TX) in March 2020.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter was superb, she gave alot of information and what to expect if selected to the next stage. On-site interview with the hiring Manager and one of the Senior Workforce Analyst. Felt like we known each other for awhile, not stuffy at all. They answered all the my questions and more.

Interview Questions

• 5 days left in the month and so close to meeting SLA, what action would you take to ensure we hit the goal?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WageWorks (Tempe, AZ) in October 2019.

Interview

Company schedules mass hiring events with Indeed and other online agencies. You fill out a short clipboard application and sit in the lobby with all the other people, until someone comes and gets you. This is a call-center job, just like all other call-center jobs. They're looking for bodies. They lead you into the break area, where there are about two dozen employees sitting around interviewing applicants. You are interviewed by other employees. I happened to get a middle-aged woman. I had enough experience with legal administration to understand the job. They are a third-party contractor that "administers" employee benefits. This can get pretty tricky, so it helps to have somebody on the other end of the phone who understands benefits. It didn't look to me as if these folks had a lot of experience. I wouldn't want these guys administering my employee benefits. This is what I would call, a fly-by-night- seat- of -the -pants, company. The CEO has a BA in Business from the University of Nebraska - making big bucks doing absolutely nothing, while the rest of America works for a living. j A BA in Business doesn't mean anything when it comes to benefits administration. If these guys get your benefits information, your personal banking info, your work history - they are able to build a lot of personal data. It looked to me like one of those mysterious companies where you need to say the magic word, to get hired, like "John sent me". They're nice to your face, but you have zero chance of ever getting the job. We've all been there.

Interview Questions

• I had to ask them questions. I found out what they were doing in about five minutes. I have 35 years of legal administration and understand how corporations do business. I wasn't qualified. hahahaha   1 Answer

Treasury Analyst Interview

Interview

It was about 30-45 minutes. The director interviewed me. He was nice and discussed the job role and responsibilities. He was listening to my answers actively and asking questions from my answers.
    Interview ended with him saying that I look like a perfect fit for the role.

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WageWorks.

Interview

Applied online & was contacted and phone screened by their HR rep. in AZ. She set me up shortly afterwards with a phone interview with the department manager. He was gruff, came off as power tripping. Although he said I'd hear back from HR in 2 weeks, nothing. I emailed HR to know the status to which same HR rep. right away said they wanted me to come for an onsite interview and meet the team. Interviews with four people. One was the same dept. manager I had interview with on the phone. Two others were with the department head and another manager. Fourth person was a subordinate and did not know how to interview, can't believe this person got hired. Anyway, after this onsite interview again I heard nothing from the HR rep. After a couple of weeks I emailed the HR rep. again. Well, up to this date I have yet to get a reply. I can tell from their website that they've filled the position, but it surely tells me that this is not a very professional place to work if the HR and manager will just ignore an applicant. I mean why not do the professional/correct thing and just give the applicant an answer one way or the other?!

Interview Questions

• If you've read an interview book they follow that script. Also asked about my experience.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

The recruiter requested availability from me for phone interview. I provided the availability, but no response. I followed up twice through email and once through phone voicemail. I never heard anything from the recruiter again. It is unprofessional and disappointing.

Account Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (Irving, TX) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied on their website and was called about two weeks later to interview with the manager of the department. I came to the interview and there were three people in the room. I was asked questions about my prior work history.

Cons:
    1. I was irked that the interviewer focused so much of the interview on a position that had little bearing on the role I had applied for which was several years ago. I co-founded a Charity with my mom and the interviewer had gone to the website and written down names of people on the website and she asked me "Who were these people"? She seemed Nosy. I understand that this was an interview but I had several years of more recent work experience that directly related to the role and she glanced over this.

2. They were looking for a 'personality hire' and not someone who was simply a hard worker who could do the job well. This was apparent to me in the interview. The account consultant role was a basic admin role. The individual needed customer service experience, a pleasant phone voice, and average intelligence to do that role. I have high intelligence. So I could have easily done this role and others within the company. As the interview ended my would be manager said 'How was she to know what I was thinking as she could not tell what I was thinking from my facial expressions. I found this question a bit odd. It was an interview. Aren't interviews suppose to be somewhat formal? I simply kept a professional demeanor and answered the questions. They liked my responses. They asked me to stay over for additional questions. So I was shocked when I heard nothing back from the company. Nothing at all.

I guess the reason employers don’t call back is because the culture has changed.

Employers are busy? So am I. Their time is valuable? So is mine. If the employer can’t take the time to notify you, even if its via form letter or email that they decided on someone else, its just plain rude. Apparently common courtesy is a rare thing these days. I look at it this way…if they aren’t going to respond to me, perhaps I don’t want to work there.

3. The company refused to tell me the salary range. However they demanded to know my salary requirements.

It's beyond tacky and unprofessional to withhold the salary range for a position while insisting that candidates cough up their salary requirements.

It's heavy-handed and speaks of a culture where employees are treated like cattle.

It's a shady business practice. Every job ad should have the salary range in it. That would save everybody a lot of time — recruiters and candidates alike.

Companies that won't give up a salary range are trying to save money. Who knows — somebody might get a bonus if they bring in a candidate under budget!

That's shameful. Positions should pay whatever they pay, regardless of the stated salary requirements of the candidates.

4. The company ghosted me after the interview and that was rude and it always will be. I took the time to dress up, drive to the interview, and finally to sit in a room of strangers drilling me with questions.. the least the company could have done was send me an email notifying me I did not get the position. No response is rude and shows a lack of integrity.

5. I am an African American woman with over 20 years of experience for this position on my way to having a completed MBA in July 2019. The hiring manager and my potential department manager were enthusiastic about me after my phone interview. So much so that they were willing to interview me outside of business hours. I won't lie being an educated African American in Dallas is a bit tough because I've heard from so many other African Americans in similar situations that when they get to the final interview stage (where they have to meet the managers, etc.) they are suddenly ghosted.

This has happened to me to and they want us to believe that there is no ageism or racism. But when I walked into the room I was the only African American. That is usually the case. I had every qualification for this job and after interviewing the individuals in the room would not even afford me a generic email notifying me I did not get the position. What am I suppose to think? Yes. I do believe that my race and perhaps my age came into play. I hate going there but I never had these types of experiences in Atlanta, GA like I'm having looking for work in Dallas. It's as if my hard work in completing school and building up my experience across several categories means nothing to these largely white managers I'm constantly in front of having to convince of my worth.

All in all, I believe this interview was a waste of time. A complete and utter waste of my time. Never again will I choose WageWorks as a potential employer to work for. Their turnover rate is ridiculous anyway so maybe this is for the best. Any company that treats candidates in such a rude and disrespectful manner is not worth working for.

Interview Questions

• Who is "this person and that person?" after admitting she went through a website of a company I created several years back snooping. She asked me very little about the job I was being interviewed for. She simply wanted to know all about the company I had created and who had built the website etc. I BUILT the website but I did not tell the snoop. She was nosy. I had several years of more recent experience that she glossed right over.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks in June 2019.

Interview

Panel interview and work sample. The process is pretty standard. You are expected to truly be an expert in your field. It will be a behavioral based interview for those in leadership positions.

Internal Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (Irving, TX) in May 2019.

Interview

I was recommended through a recruiter, the HR person from WageWorks contacted me and scheduled a 30 mins call, where we discussed general areas, such as interest for the company, strengths & weaknesses, etc.
    Afterwards, I had a video interview with the Hiring Manager and then, with the Director. The last step was supposed to be a face to face interview in California, but I got another offer before the last round.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between SOX and Operational Audit?   Answer Question
    • How would you audit revenues?   Answer Question
    • What are the areas of Fixed Assets you would look at during the review of Reconciliations?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, and then a one-on-one was scheduled with the manager. Everyone was pleasant and professional. Recruiter was very helpful, and always responded timely to any emails or voicemails.

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (Irving, TX).

Interview

emailed me: I was responsive

scheduled in-person interview: sent thank you notes afterward

followed up w/ recruiter for WEEKS only to be ghosted, UNTIL I SENT A SCATHING CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE EMAIL -- then I got a response.

THEY WILL GHOST YOU.

Interview Questions

• typical, if you're an af-am and smart, this may intimidate non-Af-Ams   Answer Question