WageWorks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.6

Human Resources Generalist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

WageWork's Sr. Recruiter contacted me within 1 week after I submitted my resume on their career page. The duration of our initial dialogue was 30-45 minutes.

Within a few days, I received a follow-up phone call from the Sr. Recruiter, informing me that I was selected to move on to the next phase of the selection process. The Sr. Recruiter requested I complete some additional online forms and from there, an in-person interview was scheduled with the VP, HR and HR Managers (Compensation, Benefits).

The Sr. Recruiter was extremely personable and organized with her communication. I was scheduled to interview with each individual for 30 minutes and felt comfortable with each person I interviewed with; they all were candid and open to discussion about the details of the role and the organization.

I reached out 2 weeks post interview for a position status update. I did not receive a response, so I reached out about 2 weeks after the initial attempt and received confirmation that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my relative experience; employee leaves, systems utilized (HRIS, Microsoft Excel, etc.), difficult situations that were overcome, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at WageWorks (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I didn't have an interview actually. They made me take a typing test. I type 84 wpm, and I was hired just like that. I didn't actually speak to anyone at all.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

First call was with the recruiter. Went onsite to meet with a gentleman who recently got promoted and also a counterpart on the phone. Followed up with two more phone interviews with members of different teams that will work closely together. Last was an onsite with the Director of Operations.

It's been a pretty painful process. Not leaving a negative comment due to "no offer" but more so on the way the whole process is handled. I completely understand the interviewing/hiring process isn't as easy as 1, 2, and 3 but as a candidate, I would really appreciate if the communications were a more on point. There were days when the recruiter is on top of responding to my emails and there were days when it's radio silent. Sure, I understand the recruiters are busy but how hard is it to respond with a "no update" or "let me find out" email? I guess companies aren't required to let candidates know if you got the job or not these days.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 things you can work on in the professional/personal world.   Answer Question

Payroll Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It is very straight forward and you tell your working experience to the Supervisor and later the Payroll Manager will talk to you but it seems very rush and it means that they are not interested. Usually when the interviewer is in a hurry you will know that you will not have the second interview otherwise he/she knows that there is an interview within that time unless unexpected event happens

Interview Questions

• what is your experience for doing the multistate   1 Answer

Operations Analyst, Financial Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (Irving, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The HR person wasn't familiar with the position. Was not responsive to calls or email. However, the Hiring Manager was professional and explained in detailed the day to day requirements for the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under pressure?   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (Irving, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very comfortable, relaxed and professional. Most of the management in Wageworks/Conexis are very friendly down to Earth people. They were straight to the point, and honest about the work environment. They asked me questions about myself, what I like to do, hobbies etc. Expect to be asked about how well you work with others, as daily communication with your team is required. They told me about the companies operations, what type of work i'd be preforming, and if I think I'd be able to deal with constant data entry and customer service. I didn't feel nervous at all during this interview. If you put on a smile and stay charismatic, and have at least a little experience you have a great chance of getting hired.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you're a good fit for the company?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to handle disgruntled clients? How would you handle one?   1 Answer
    • Do you know what our company does?   1 Answer

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The recruiter does not seem very professional. She does not tell you all details that she should (for example: you will receive a written test), she confirms interviews in the last second (she confirmed my second interview the evening before I was supposed to go there).

First stage interview was ok, discussed with the team about me, the role and the company. Also, the team manager gave me a written test.

Second stage interview was very disorganized. I had a lot of 15 minutes interviews with upper management. All of them asked the same questions which was very tiring and annoying (especially that these questions were also asked during the first stage interview) (e.g. what are your strengths? what are your weaknesses?). Also, if the time was up the next person would just come in and stop the previous interviewer in the middle of their sentence... In those 15 minutes you don't get the chance to ask questions of your own.

If you set your interview around noon there is a very good chance there is no receptionist to announce you as she is on the lunch break. There is a phone on the side that you can try and use to call your interviewer. So you might want to arrive earlier to make sure you have enough time to do that.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? Why do you think that this job is good for you?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WageWorks (Irving, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was disorganized. The recruiter gave me the wrong address! As I was getting closer to the location I contacted him with no success. Luckily I was very early and had time to find the correct address on my own. I interviewed with 4 people who mainly talked about themselves and the tv shows they watched. In what little relevant information they provided, they explained the employees were overworked and stressed out.

Finance/Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WageWorks in October 2015.

Interview

Formal process, first interview with hiring manager, then follow with second and third interview with mangers and team members. Company conducts extensive background checks for new hires. The application and interview process takes a few weeks, and another few weeks for the background check to clear.

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WageWorks.

Interview

Takes FOREVER...First had 30 minutes phone interview with the recruiter, then invited for onsite interview and met four team members. The conversation went well. However they asked me the following day that if I am willing to downgrade my title from Sr accountant to accountant, and they would schedule me for the second round interview if I agree. I told them yes and would like to give a try, and it has been more than a month I didn't hear anything from them regarding the 2nd onsite interview, so I ended up accepting another job offer. Totally wasting of time......