WageWorks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WageWorks Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.5

Proposal Specialist Interview

Application

I interviewed at WageWorks in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. It took just over a week to get a response requesting a phone pre-screen.
    There were a couple of call/email exchanges in the process of setting up the phone pre-screen. The recruiter was upbeat and friendly until she misunderstood something I wrote in an email. I carefully replied in a way that would clarify without pointing out the error, but her tone changed immediately. At that point, I was not sure it was even going to be worth my time to have the call.

When we did speak, she was monotoned and it felt like she was just going through the motions. The questions were very simple: “How did you hear about WageWorks?”, “What interests you in the position?”, etc... She gave a brief description of the position and company and followed with what was to happen next. She did express some concern that my experience was more complex than the position required. In my opinion, if you want someone to do a stellar job, this would be an attribute, not a concern.

I sent a thank you email two days later and did not get a response. Two weeks later, I sent another email inquiring on the status. This is a position that has been listed for a couple of months. Supposedly they would like to fill it as soon as possible, yet, it is still listed on their website. After sending the second email, I did receive the standard, automated, “decided to pursue other candidates” email.

It is difficult to assess why I did not make it further, but in going through the reviews on here, it seems par for the course.

Human Resources Generalist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

WageWork's Sr. Recruiter contacted me within 1 week after I submitted my resume on their career page. The duration of our initial dialogue was 30-45 minutes.

Within a few days, I received a follow-up phone call from the Sr. Recruiter, informing me that I was selected to move on to the next phase of the selection process. The Sr. Recruiter requested I complete some additional online forms and from there, an in-person interview was scheduled with the VP, HR and HR Managers (Compensation, Benefits).

The Sr. Recruiter was extremely personable and organized with her communication. I was scheduled to interview with each individual for 30 minutes and felt comfortable with each person I interviewed with; they all were candid and open to discussion about the details of the role and the organization.

I reached out 2 weeks post interview for a position status update. I did not receive a response, so I reached out about 2 weeks after the initial attempt and received confirmation that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my relative experience; employee leaves, systems utilized (HRIS, Microsoft Excel, etc.), difficult situations that were overcome, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at WageWorks (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I didn't have an interview actually. They made me take a typing test. I type 84 wpm, and I was hired just like that. I didn't actually speak to anyone at all.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very quick to move on an offer. Great vetting process with panel interviews and structured activity which allows you to show off your presntation skills amd personality. Panel interview includes a mix of business partners across all functions. Very organized imterview process with real time feedback provided.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

First call was with the recruiter. Went onsite to meet with a gentleman who recently got promoted and also a counterpart on the phone. Followed up with two more phone interviews with members of different teams that will work closely together. Last was an onsite with the Director of Operations.

It's been a pretty painful process. Not leaving a negative comment due to "no offer" but more so on the way the whole process is handled. I completely understand the interviewing/hiring process isn't as easy as 1, 2, and 3 but as a candidate, I would really appreciate if the communications were a more on point. There were days when the recruiter is on top of responding to my emails and there were days when it's radio silent. Sure, I understand the recruiters are busy but how hard is it to respond with a "no update" or "let me find out" email? I guess companies aren't required to let candidates know if you got the job or not these days.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 things you can work on in the professional/personal world.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst, Financial Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (Irving, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The HR person wasn't familiar with the position. Was not responsive to calls or email. However, the Hiring Manager was professional and explained in detailed the day to day requirements for the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under pressure?   1 Answer

Payroll Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It is very straight forward and you tell your working experience to the Supervisor and later the Payroll Manager will talk to you but it seems very rush and it means that they are not interested. Usually when the interviewer is in a hurry you will know that you will not have the second interview otherwise he/she knows that there is an interview within that time unless unexpected event happens

Interview Questions

• what is your experience for doing the multistate   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (Irving, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very comfortable, relaxed and professional. Most of the management in Wageworks/Conexis are very friendly down to Earth people. They were straight to the point, and honest about the work environment. They asked me questions about myself, what I like to do, hobbies etc. Expect to be asked about how well you work with others, as daily communication with your team is required. They told me about the companies operations, what type of work i'd be preforming, and if I think I'd be able to deal with constant data entry and customer service. I didn't feel nervous at all during this interview. If you put on a smile and stay charismatic, and have at least a little experience you have a great chance of getting hired.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you're a good fit for the company?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to handle disgruntled clients? How would you handle one?   1 Answer
    • Do you know what our company does?   1 Answer

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The recruiter does not seem very professional. She does not tell you all details that she should (for example: you will receive a written test), she confirms interviews in the last second (she confirmed my second interview the evening before I was supposed to go there).

First stage interview was ok, discussed with the team about me, the role and the company. Also, the team manager gave me a written test.

Second stage interview was very disorganized. I had a lot of 15 minutes interviews with upper management. All of them asked the same questions which was very tiring and annoying (especially that these questions were also asked during the first stage interview) (e.g. what are your strengths? what are your weaknesses?). Also, if the time was up the next person would just come in and stop the previous interviewer in the middle of their sentence... In those 15 minutes you don't get the chance to ask questions of your own.

If you set your interview around noon there is a very good chance there is no receptionist to announce you as she is on the lunch break. There is a phone on the side that you can try and use to call your interviewer. So you might want to arrive earlier to make sure you have enough time to do that.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? Why do you think that this job is good for you?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WageWorks (Irving, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was disorganized. The recruiter gave me the wrong address! As I was getting closer to the location I contacted him with no success. Luckily I was very early and had time to find the correct address on my own. I interviewed with 4 people who mainly talked about themselves and the tv shows they watched. In what little relevant information they provided, they explained the employees were overworked and stressed out.