WageWorks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2018

2.6

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WageWorks (Tempe, AZ) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed up with an in-house interview.

Interview Questions

• There is no such thing as an unexpected question for an experienced Recruiter.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly pay rate was competitive, no need to negotiate.

Contractor Interview

Interview

Found it interesting that they ask you for information like date of birth prior to interview. I suppose they could claim that they want this for a credit check later if you are hired but most companies don't ask for this prior to interviewing. Could be used by them to screen out older applicants.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (Irving, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very comfortable, relaxed and professional. Most of the management in Wageworks/Conexis are very friendly down to Earth people. They were straight to the point, and honest about the work environment. They asked me questions about myself, what I like to do, hobbies etc. Expect to be asked about how well you work with others, as daily communication with your team is required. They told me about the companies operations, what type of work i'd be preforming, and if I think I'd be able to deal with constant data entry and customer service. I didn't feel nervous at all during this interview. If you put on a smile and stay charismatic, and have at least a little experience you have a great chance of getting hired.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you're a good fit for the company?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to handle disgruntled clients? How would you handle one?   1 Answer
    • Do you know what our company does?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks in August 2015.

Interview

Was first contacted by recruiter for a phone interview. Then, spoke with the CMO. After this, they asked me to do a 20 minute "structured activity" - presenting marketing ideas to the marketing team. This presentation had about 6 attendees. After, the recruiter asked me to make sure I sent my presentation and that she would be in touch early the following week. I NEVER heard from this company again after I sent over my idea presentation to them. In total interviewing and presentation development took about 7.5 hours for no call back or update on status of the position. I inquired a few times with the CMO and the recruiter and heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• What are your ideas on marketing HSAs in today's changing landscape of employee benefits?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WageWorks (Irving, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was disorganized. The recruiter gave me the wrong address! As I was getting closer to the location I contacted him with no success. Luckily I was very early and had time to find the correct address on my own. I interviewed with 4 people who mainly talked about themselves and the tv shows they watched. In what little relevant information they provided, they explained the employees were overworked and stressed out.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fair and quick. It began as a group interview with consisted of multiple candidates and then the second interview was one on one with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any difficult questions presented during this interview.   Answer Question

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The recruiter does not seem very professional. She does not tell you all details that she should (for example: you will receive a written test), she confirms interviews in the last second (she confirmed my second interview the evening before I was supposed to go there).

First stage interview was ok, discussed with the team about me, the role and the company. Also, the team manager gave me a written test.

Second stage interview was very disorganized. I had a lot of 15 minutes interviews with upper management. All of them asked the same questions which was very tiring and annoying (especially that these questions were also asked during the first stage interview) (e.g. what are your strengths? what are your weaknesses?). Also, if the time was up the next person would just come in and stop the previous interviewer in the middle of their sentence... In those 15 minutes you don't get the chance to ask questions of your own.

If you set your interview around noon there is a very good chance there is no receptionist to announce you as she is on the lunch break. There is a phone on the side that you can try and use to call your interviewer. So you might want to arrive earlier to make sure you have enough time to do that.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? Why do you think that this job is good for you?   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WageWorks.

Interview

Takes FOREVER...First had 30 minutes phone interview with the recruiter, then invited for onsite interview and met four team members. The conversation went well. However they asked me the following day that if I am willing to downgrade my title from Sr accountant to accountant, and they would schedule me for the second round interview if I agree. I told them yes and would like to give a try, and it has been more than a month I didn't hear anything from them regarding the 2nd onsite interview, so I ended up accepting another job offer. Totally wasting of time......

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

approached by a recruiter, went through 2 rounds of interviews, feedback: hiring manager liked me, every interviewer had thumb up. Next thing you know, told me put in an offer which was way less than what they listed, and said would work on it. And then I was informed that the HR cut the salary again on the next day again.

Interview Questions

• how would you rate yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at WageWorks (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

One in person interview with two managers and then one phone interview with another manager a few days later. The process was relatively easy through a recruiter although the first round in person they kept me waiting in the lobby for 20 minutes and then wanted me out at the end of the scheduled time even though I wasn't finished asking questions.

Before the recruiter called me that they were presenting me with an offer, one of their HR people contacted me wanting personal information for an employee file. It was very weird. I've heard their HR dept is garbage. I declined the offer for many reasons but at the top of the list was that they were going through an SEC investigation and people were jumping ship and they needed people in there asap and I didn't want to be part of a cleanup crew at this point. Plus there was no wiggle room in their base salary (which was not a round number...it was $xx,147.00 so WEIRD!) so it was a take it or leave it offer.