WageWorks Interview Questions in San Mateo, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Generalist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

WageWork's Sr. Recruiter contacted me within 1 week after I submitted my resume on their career page. The duration of our initial dialogue was 30-45 minutes.

Within a few days, I received a follow-up phone call from the Sr. Recruiter, informing me that I was selected to move on to the next phase of the selection process. The Sr. Recruiter requested I complete some additional online forms and from there, an in-person interview was scheduled with the VP, HR and HR Managers (Compensation, Benefits).

The Sr. Recruiter was extremely personable and organized with her communication. I was scheduled to interview with each individual for 30 minutes and felt comfortable with each person I interviewed with; they all were candid and open to discussion about the details of the role and the organization.

I reached out 2 weeks post interview for a position status update. I did not receive a response, so I reached out about 2 weeks after the initial attempt and received confirmation that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my relative experience; employee leaves, systems utilized (HRIS, Microsoft Excel, etc.), difficult situations that were overcome, etc.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very quick to move on an offer. Great vetting process with panel interviews and structured activity which allows you to show off your presntation skills amd personality. Panel interview includes a mix of business partners across all functions. Very organized imterview process with real time feedback provided.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

First call was with the recruiter. Went onsite to meet with a gentleman who recently got promoted and also a counterpart on the phone. Followed up with two more phone interviews with members of different teams that will work closely together. Last was an onsite with the Director of Operations.

It's been a pretty painful process. Not leaving a negative comment due to "no offer" but more so on the way the whole process is handled. I completely understand the interviewing/hiring process isn't as easy as 1, 2, and 3 but as a candidate, I would really appreciate if the communications were a more on point. There were days when the recruiter is on top of responding to my emails and there were days when it's radio silent. Sure, I understand the recruiters are busy but how hard is it to respond with a "no update" or "let me find out" email? I guess companies aren't required to let candidates know if you got the job or not these days.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 things you can work on in the professional/personal world.   Answer Question

Payroll Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It is very straight forward and you tell your working experience to the Supervisor and later the Payroll Manager will talk to you but it seems very rush and it means that they are not interested. Usually when the interviewer is in a hurry you will know that you will not have the second interview otherwise he/she knows that there is an interview within that time unless unexpected event happens

Interview Questions

• what is your experience for doing the multistate   1 Answer

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The recruiter does not seem very professional. She does not tell you all details that she should (for example: you will receive a written test), she confirms interviews in the last second (she confirmed my second interview the evening before I was supposed to go there).

First stage interview was ok, discussed with the team about me, the role and the company. Also, the team manager gave me a written test.

Second stage interview was very disorganized. I had a lot of 15 minutes interviews with upper management. All of them asked the same questions which was very tiring and annoying (especially that these questions were also asked during the first stage interview) (e.g. what are your strengths? what are your weaknesses?). Also, if the time was up the next person would just come in and stop the previous interviewer in the middle of their sentence... In those 15 minutes you don't get the chance to ask questions of your own.

If you set your interview around noon there is a very good chance there is no receptionist to announce you as she is on the lunch break. There is a phone on the side that you can try and use to call your interviewer. So you might want to arrive earlier to make sure you have enough time to do that.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? Why do you think that this job is good for you?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with hiring manager after contact by recruiter. I came in for interview with a VP and manager. I had to take a short test of skills that was easy. The background check seemed to take an unnecessarily long time,

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job? Name your biggest strength and weakness.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

approached by a recruiter, went through 2 rounds of interviews, feedback: hiring manager liked me, every interviewer had thumb up. Next thing you know, told me put in an offer which was way less than what they listed, and said would work on it. And then I was informed that the HR cut the salary again on the next day again.

Interview Questions

• how would you rate yourself?   1 Answer

Cash App Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

(Easy) Submit online application, waited for two weeks, received email from HR requesting 5 min. telephone interview. Unfortunately did not receive a call to the phone number I specified to HR. So was surprised to get call on other phone with an origination in Arizona. Thus, figured out HR was not local (San Mateo, CA) but located somewhere in Arizona... Weird that HR asked which phone number best to reach me but called on the number I did not specify. Anyway, interview was straightforward, asked about knowledge and skills.

HR rep. also asked how when I'd be available to interview (if called) with hiring manager and when I'd be able to start work.

Well, it has been two weeks since the telephone interview, and I have not heard back from HR. I know the job was filled as it's not advertised anymore. However, it seems that this company follows the same sort of unprofessional, discourteous attitude as other companies nowadays. Once they've decided they don't need an applicant they have no courtesy to inform them that they are not being considered.

Judging from the many poor employee reviews I'm not shocked and actually glad they did not consider me.

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview was straightforward so nothing difficult was asked.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WageWorks (San Mateo, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

First I interviewed with the hiring maanger on the phone. She asked me a lot of behavioral type questions, and also questions related to my work experience. The interview was not too difficult, as long as you have a general knowledge about accounting and US GAPP you should be fine. She did mention a few special accounting projects the Company had been doing, such as clean up of accrual accounts, and ask you if you have experience in that.

Then I was asked to go to the office to meet 6 people in total. They are mostly people in Finance department: another senior accountant, 2 accounting managers, the director of accounting (the hiring manager), the controller and a consultant who mainly works on M&A and stock options administration. They asked similar questions such as "why do you want to leave your current company?", "Why do you want to join WW?", "What are your top qualities that make you a fantastic candidate for this job?".

Overall I think the interview went well. I liked most of the people I met (one exception see below). The office looked very clean and comfortable to work at.

I remember one of the interviewers was pretty mean to me. When she heard that I was a licensed CPA, she said "I don't think a CPA is any better than a non-CPA!". This is insulting to me as I have spent years to pass all the exams and accumulate the right experience to get licensed. CPA means hard work and dedication to my career. I think what she said is very unprofessional and inappropriate for the occasion. Also, she kept asking me about my marital status, I seriously don't understand why that interested her that much. Should anyone be judged by whether (s)he is married or not?

Interview Questions

• I don't think CPA is any better than non-CPA!   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary up by $2,000. Although not a lot, but it's still better than the original offer. I would say this company tends to give a lower than industy standard compensation package, so you should definitely negotiate. The worst case is they will say NO!