Waitrose Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.5

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Group Interview followed by 1 to 1 interview.
Group interview involved working in teams on typical supermarket day, and solving problems.
Individual interview was more about logistics/ start dates/ uniform requirements. They explain more about the role in this part, and ask if you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work extra days/ hours during busy periods?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Waitrose

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheltenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (Cheltenham, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

I had to complete several online assessments to test if I was suitable for an interview. Then I got invited for a group assessment and a one to one interview at the store. The interviews in store were relatively simple. However, the online assessments before hand mean it takes a while to even get an interview

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • What skills do you think it takes to maintain good partnership?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose in November 2017.

Interview

Had a group exercise where we had to discuss which tasks to prioritise and then a one to one interview. Fairly straightforward applocation process. Base rate pay is £7.67 which is not great compared to other supermarkets (£8.50).

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrow Weald, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waitrose (Harrow Weald, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and done all of the required tests then got invited to an interview the next week. It was a 1 to 1 interview with one of the managers where they asked me my availability then the interview questions and ranked them out of 5. The interviewer was very nice and made me feel comfortable. I got a call the next day to tell me I got the job.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billericay, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (Billericay, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

hardest part of the application was situational judgement tests which were long and time consuming. Received feedback quickly that I was invited to the interviews stage.
    First was a group interview where we had to read through scenarios, decide what important issues had to be addressed and then list them in order of importance. Then a individual interview followed. I think the most important question of the interview was "How often can you work?".

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (Newport, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and did a few long tests on their website then had an email arranging an interview which was then moved to a later date.
    The interview was held by the manager and I was given a booklet with instructions and 30 minutes to read and perform the task. The booklet explained a few situations that had happened in the store (basically a fake scenario, e.g. "a child has fallen over...", "someone has called in sick and someone needs to cover her role at the bakery...") and then the profiles of employees including what they are trained in. I then had to assign an employee to each situation and explain why I did so.
    I was then asked about 6/7 questions about my experience/behaviour, then asked about when I was free etc.
    She told me she would get back to me in the next couple weeks then rang me the day after to offer me a place
    Overall it was a really good interview and everyone I encountered was very nice!

Interview Questions

• When is a time you have contributed to an idea?   1 Answer
    • When is a time you were working in a group and you didn't agree with what someone else suggested?   1 Answer
    • What do you do in your spare time?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Waitrose?   1 Answer
    • What do you think is good customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Well first i received a brief phone call and they asked a few questions, then the next stage they invited for a group interview and was made to do a group task. Next there was a one to one with the manager.

Interview Questions

• An example of team work?
      What is customer service?
      Why do you want to work at Waitrose?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

Invited to a group interview. We had to read a review of the store and then suggest any necessary improvements that needed to be implemented and then create an action plan.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Finchley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waitrose (Finchley, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Group assessment where you are given a list of tasks and are told to priotise them in order. One to one interview followed by after. The list of tasks involved things such as safety hazards, a long queue, restock, coffee machine not working, delivery, admin duty. Make sure you contribute, communicate and listen.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I filled out an online application form. After that 40 scenario based questions and situations. The Online process takes 1 hour. I was called for an 1 on 1 interview after 1 week I applied. Only me and a manager in a room, a few icebreaker questions (about my personality and hobbies) followed by few questions about what experiences I have, why I want to work for Waitrose, what I think about teamwork. We were chatting about these sort of things for 30-40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about waitrose?   Answer Question
    • How would you greet a customer?   Answer Question
    • if a customer comes into store and asked for a certain product that is not available on the shelves, what will you do?   Answer Question