Waitrose Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waitrose Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.6

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Well first i received a brief phone call and they asked a few questions, then the next stage they invited for a group interview and was made to do a group task. Next there was a one to one with the manager.

Interview Questions

• An example of team work?
    What is customer service?
    Why do you want to work at Waitrose?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Waitrose

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

Invited to a group interview. We had to read a review of the store and then suggest any necessary improvements that needed to be implemented and then create an action plan.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Finchley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waitrose (Finchley, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Group assessment where you are given a list of tasks and are told to priotise them in order. One to one interview followed by after. The list of tasks involved things such as safety hazards, a long queue, restock, coffee machine not working, delivery, admin duty. Make sure you contribute, communicate and listen.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I filled out an online application form. After that 40 scenario based questions and situations. The Online process takes 1 hour. I was called for an 1 on 1 interview after 1 week I applied. Only me and a manager in a room, a few icebreaker questions (about my personality and hobbies) followed by few questions about what experiences I have, why I want to work for Waitrose, what I think about teamwork. We were chatting about these sort of things for 30-40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about waitrose?   Answer Question
    • How would you greet a customer?   Answer Question
    • if a customer comes into store and asked for a certain product that is not available on the shelves, what will you do?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wells, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waitrose (Wells, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview of around 12 people. Sat in a circle and went around, introduce yourself and then had to present a 1 minute pitch on what you favourite meal was to make and why. Then there was a group activity of creating the tallest tower out of random junk

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wimbledon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Waitrose (Wimbledon, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

It was group interview with 9 of us.
    The interviewer was very friendly and told us that whole process will take an hour.
    First we was playing bingo .We have to communicate as a group and find out who is :
    -doesn't like red wine.
    -smocking
    -speaks Spanish etc.

after we have to answer 3 questions:
    -What is your favourite meal and why?
    -Why should they hire you?
    -What is your plans for the future?

At the end we was divided into 2 groups and each group get a product that we have to sell to an other group.

At the end we told that they will contact us in few days time with results ,i had replay in 6 days .They told that current position is filled in and they will keep my details for the next 3 months and contact me if they have something available.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't any difficult questions ,just obvious interview questions But keep in mind that you need to be yourself and show your personality,which i failed to do .I was very nervous as it was my first interview.

I didn't get the job because i was too tense and i think everyone can see that.
      Anyway , i learn a lot from other people's answers and by looking back i saw mistakes that i made.At the end of interview i already know i would not get this job.
      Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford-upon-Avon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waitrose (Stratford-upon-Avon, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

It was only a part time job so I had a group interview where they asked us to take part in an activity then said they would ask us some questions individually. When it was my turn though they just offered me the job out right.

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite meal?   1 Answer
    • Why should we pick you to work at Waitrose?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation!

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

I completed a long application form online and was emailed a week later telling me that was invited to an interview. I arrived at the store and went to the customer service desk to sign in and was then taken up to a small waiting room. Here there were about 10 other people to be interviewed. Get to know people a bit as it'll be handy later when you have to 'pick' groups. We initially had a short presentation then we were all given a few minutes to come up with a short presentation about ourselves answering 3 questions: what we had been doing the last 2 years, what our interests were, and why they should employ us. After that there was a short discussion of what we expected from working there, what we wanted to do in the future, etc.

I'm not sure what order the rest was in but we had to do a few activities:
    answering questions about the company (how much they made, what are the perks of working for them, who their competitors were, etc.) .

We had to spilt into groups and order a list of attributes as what was the most important to the least. e.g. 'tidy appearance', 'punctuality', 'a sense of humour'... and then discuss why we had ranked them as we did. Tip - some groups put things like punctuality as most important and were severely criticised by the interviewee as this should be given.

In twos we were given a product and had time to talk to each other and then sell it to the group.

There might have been a few other exercises but they were the main ones. It all lasted about 2.5 hours. We had to fill in some forms about availability and uniform sizes and which sections we'd mind working in and then offered the company newspaper and could then leave.

Remember to sign out when you leave.

A few days later I had an email saying that the hours I said I could do were not compatible with what they needed but that they liked me and would keep me on file in case something came up. I didn't think that I would hear from them again but 4 months later I received an email offering me a job. By this time I couldn't do it so I turned it down.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the profit margins and information about the company. I hadn't expected these sort of questions for a shop floor job.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (Daventry, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview was set up as an application, group interview, group induction day process. There were around 12 candidates in the room. We were asked about our knowledge of waitrose and then asked to answer various questions round the circle about skills and ourselves. We then had to work in teams on a task and were asked to show our findings back to the rest of the group. The next stage was a group induction day where various activities and training was completed. Snacks and lunch were provided, and the staff were welcoming and friendly - overall a positive experience.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waitrose (Stamford, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

It was easy, literally spoke to some women, she was like yeah you can speak english. Please note, Stamford is quite a snobby area. Customers can be rude. The shop gets very busy but you can get free coffee.

Negotiation

n/a