Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.6

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Interview

First group interview. Talk about yourself and what you are doing. Then they give you a scenario and how you would deal with it. I also had to do a group activity which involved cut up piece of paper and had to piece it together. Like a puzzle game. Thats all i can remeber. If sucessfull then you would be invited for final interview which the question i have listed below. Thats pretty much it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This was 5 years ago. Now the head office recruits and before the branch itself use to recruit the people. Dont know how much the recruitment has changed now

Other Interview Reviews for Waitrose

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

After filling out some questions on an application form, I was invited to a group interview. This was two hours long and involved exercises such as selling products to the rest of the group. I was then invited to a one-on-one interview which was about 20 minutes long. I answered generic questions about customer service. I was then told about a week later that I had the job.

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandbach, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Waitrose (Sandbach, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

1:1 interview, very relaxed, manager had done a lot of background research on me, asked very general questions at start and then moved on to technical questions, had to do a task on allocating jobs to different partners and why they were suitable, lasted an hour, had 25 minutes to complete the task, manager friendly and chatty, not pressured in interview, staff that welcomed myself very kind - obviously good at their job in customer care, overall went decent, thou you do have to turn up smart as manager said to me I was only person who came in apprioate smart clothing and shoes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Waitrose?   1 Answer

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frimley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (Frimley, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was sent a text saying I'd have an interview after about 2 weeks. The interview was 2 weeks later. I arrived at Waitrose, was taken upstairs by a supermarket assistance. Then I was interviewed individually by the store manager. She was friendly and asked me simple questions about myself and my experiences. She then asked me which hours I would be available to work.

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (Buckingham, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Did some online forms such as situational test and then got invited to interview. There was a group task where we had to prioritise tasks from a standard working day and then present why we chose this order back to the manager. Then a one to one interview. Found out if we got an offer after 2 weeks as they had two separate interview days a week apart.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a team?
      When have you shown good communication skills?
      Tell me about a time you had to adapt to a change?
      Answer Question

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and did two/three tests online at the day of the application deadline day. Then received interview invitation 2 days later.

Had a 20 minutes 1:1 interview in Little Waitrose in Manchester. The interview was straight forward and all questions asked can be found in glassdoor interview reviews. The manager first briefly talked about the team and then started the interview by asking me to introduce my self.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself.
      Why Waitrose?
      Talk about a time when you ask for feedback.
      Talk about a time when you need to change the way you work.
      What would you tell a customer about our products?
      How would you ensure stock level maintained?
      Answer Question

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. There were two situational judgement tests that you had to pass. A couple of days later I got an email inviting me to a group assessment. For me I had the one on one interview first but it depends what time you request for the interview and then the group assessment. There were four other people there. We had to prioritise tasks that had to be in the store and discuss it with the group. (Make sure you speak up, but don't dominate).

I got a call 3 days later offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Waitrose?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eastbourne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (Eastbourne, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Advertised as a normal interview but found out it was a group interview. There were meant to be 3 but one person didn't turn up. We had an introduction to the interviewing managers that were really nice and friendly, the did some small talk to put us at ease. It started off with the 'formal' interview process which was fairly informal because I chatted to the interviewer a bit beforehand. Then we did a group exercise where we had to match Waitrose staff to different scenarios and then present why we did this. There were a few funny ones in there which kept the process less intense.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Waitrose?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you led a project and how did you implement this?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where something changed at work.   Answer Question

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

There was an online application which if you passed you were then invited to take part in a group assessment and an individual interview. During the group interview you were given a task which had to be completed together. During my interview we had the task of being given a scenario and prioritising the events which were happening. It was essential to show verbal communication. You were marked on how much you spoke. During the individual interview he asked general questions about yourself and your experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced change? Tell me about it and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to share your knowledge with others   Answer Question
    • What does learning mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you took leadership and what you gained from it   Answer Question

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose in June 2016.

Interview

Had to pass two online tests before reveiving an interview, once tests passed received an interview request within 4 days.
    The interview was a fun and friendly experience, consisted of a group assessment and a one on one. The group assessment was about prioritising tasks and discussing that with the other candidates. The one on one was just typica questions and super friendly.
    My interview was today 29th of June 2016 and am waiting to hear back.