Waitrose Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 25, 2017

2.7

86 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Interview

Went through the online application process and the online test. Once the application is being successful, I got invited to take part in an interview.
The interview process was separate into 2 parts.
First, it was a group assessment. We were given 6 different type of products and 4 different customers. We had to match the product to what the customer needs and we need to justify why.
After the group assessment, it was an 1-1 interview. The interview involved with a few questions and ended with filling in your availability sheet.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Waitrose

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

First I had a group interview then a 1 to 1 interview. The group interview was with 6/7 other people and we had to prioritise tasks and match the worker to the task. Just make sure you contribute.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have been told to do something differently   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

I had to first complete the online application and then the online questionnaire. One day later I was emailed to come in for a group assignment and one to one interview.

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

Group task that involved working together to order a priority list. Then an individual interview that was more like a conversation just talking about past experience etc. Pretty chill so don't stress.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you had to lead a team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I arrived early so there was no group assessment and a woman just took me to a room to ask me some questions, she was polite and didn't make me nervous during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name me a time where you had to do something differently   Answer Question

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waitrose in October 2017.

Interview

Online application, which I'd passed. Then I got an email asking if I would like to go in for a group interview, a few days after the application was sent off to be reviewed. I had accepted and went in for a group interview at the store at 10.30am.

I wore a white shirt which was tucked into my black working trousers, I also wore some black working shoes.

The interview started off as a one-to-one sessions, which the interviewer asked basic behavioural questions and other questions after that. The day before the interview, I looked up a few common questions the interviewer could ask, and I planned out what I was going to say, however, at the interview I did mess up on a couple of questions, but still got through it all with detailed answers. I had to then check my availability to work and answered a few personal questions.

The interviewer then took me outside to wait to be taken into the training room for the group interview. The group interview was is made for 6 candidates at a time but they only had 3 applicants in at that time, but only me and one other person turned up. The two of us had to read about 3 made up characters each, and create an action plan for each of the characters to different scenarios around the shop floor. Each character specialist in different departments and the scenarios could only be completed by some of the workers. We had roughly 30 minutes to complete all of it and present it to the interviewer.
    That was the last thing we had to so and was told we could leave and go home.

I had finished at around 11.30 am, and I was quite nervous as I didn't't think I did well in the one-to-one section. However, around 5 hours after I'd arrived home, I received a call from the interviewer and was offered the Job.

(I can't remember all of the questions BTW, Sorry)

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (Abingdon, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I was initially called in for a 2 hour Group Assessment by the Resourcing Team but had to reschedule for another week. I was then contacted by the manager for a one to one interview which only took about 30 minutes. The manager was very friendly and it was a very relaxed interview where he asked basic company questions as well as other questions of his own. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what you have been doing in the past year or so   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked well in a team   Answer Question
    • What do you do in your spare time?   Answer Question
    • How did you communicate effectively in a team?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to adapt to a change and how you dealt with it? (work or personal life)   Answer Question
    • If a customer asks for an item that is out of stock, what steps would you take next?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Situation Judgement test online to see what you would do in given scenarios- rank from most likely to least
    If successful invitation to a group assessment, which is split into 2 parts - a group task where you are given items from the store and customer briefs and to discuss what item you would give each tailoring to customer needs. There will be customers wanting certain number of items, some with allergies, money restraints. Make sure to address things like allergies first, then look into costs, then personal preferences etc.
    Then you have a one on one interview with a manager - standard questions.

Interview Questions

• List skills and attributes you have which you can bring to the team?   1 Answer

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online, and carried out the tests. They weren't too difficult, just stick to answers that focus on the customer. I was asked to attend an interview in the next week. When I arrived, they were't expecting me as the head office had not sent through my details. Eventually, an assistant manager came to interview me. I then had to wait for 45 minutes until they had received my details, so that the interview could commence. The interviewer was nice and friendly, which was quite relaxing. The questions were fairly easy, involving times when I had solved problems and what I think most attracts a customer into the store. I felt like it had gone well. The biggest problem for me was that I never heard back, and online it still says that I am at the interview stage, and it is still being processed. It has been at least 2 months! I stopped expecting to hear from them a while back, but this is just a poor performance on the admin side of things.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to work as a team to solve a problem.   1 Answer
    • What most attracts a customer into the store?   1 Answer

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

So you have a group interview first which takes 20 mins approx. Where you have to discuss what items match to a particular customer's needs. Then you have an 1 to 1 interview after where they take you to a remote location and ask you questions

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for us?
      Give a time where you had to adapt to change?
      Give a time when you found something difficult and how did you work around it?   Answer Question