Wake Forest University Interview Questions in Winston-Salem, NC | Glassdoor

2.9

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

Phone Interview (30 minutes) with Director and Assistant Director. Asked questions about background experience and hypotheticals. Was called within that week to schedule an in-person interview. In-Person interview was a full-day interview (all travel expenses paid). Met with several department team members throughout the day with a mix of individual and group sessions. It was exhausting, but the variety of interactions kept the day flowing.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this position? What is your background? Why Wake Forest?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone, In Person. 12 people in one day. Very exhaustive. Lots of different people, no one seemed very prepared. There were good questions, you could just tell it had not been coordinated between the various interviewers. Did not leave much time to learn about the organizations or ask questions.Where do you see yourself in 5 years. What experience do you have in higher ed. Why did you choose to apply. What is a weakness that you have? How would others describe you?

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years. What experience do you have in higher ed. Why did you choose to apply. What is a weakness that you have? How would others describe you?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

My first round of interviews was with one person. For my second round, I had multiple interviews back to back, including some group interviews. I met with HR and team members from all levels including the program Associate Dean. Most of the interviews were conversations, not grueling questions. The offer was made within 2 weeks.

Marketing/Communications Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

A few questions. Really not that intense at all. It really wasn't an interview at all because this was for work-study so I was essentially given the job. People in the office are great, culture was great

Undergraduate Admission Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

A very cozy and conversational interview. Applicants were allowed to be themselves and it was more of an intellectual conversation between friends or relatives. Aside from the standard questions, the interviewer wanted to see who you were as a person rather than just a number. It didn't have a time limit and applicants could be as expressible and honest as they liked. They looked at character a lot more than just credentials.

Interview Questions

• Describe an issue that you would march on Washington for.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was easy and more of a conversation. I talked about my background and my interests. I talked about what led me to want to pursue a career in business and how my undergraduate degree can help me in my future. It was a great interview and was very laid back.

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

phone screening, group interview, and then came the offer. It was somewhat quick to hear back from the HR person. It was a typical process nothing out of the ordinary matching skill set to the job.

Interview Questions

• More of a group getting to know you.   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview requires meeting and speaking with several managers in and out of the office I applied to. Each meeting was a minimum of thirty minutes with the manager asking questions about my skills and background. Everyone was friendly and willing to offer information on the work environment and the work culture.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Three 30min one-on-one interviews with faculty members. Interview styles are largely dependent on the interviewer. Some people are nice and try to make the interview like a conversation. It can become tricky if you run into a tough professor.

Interview Questions

• Have you done research? What's your research experience? Why do you want to go to graduate school and why you choose Wake?   Answer Question

Employer Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

There were three rounds: phone, one-on-one, then group. Each round was well organized and the interviewers were polite and on-time. The group interview involved the entire staff at the time. They asked a series of planned questions and one question that was fun and light.