WalMart Canada Interview Questions in Calgary, AB | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.3

Overnight Stocker/Produce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied on line and had my assessment test first.I was pretty sure my assessment was ok but i hadnt heard anything back from them.I decided to contact the store manager to learn my score.He informed me i had cleared the assessment and that i would get a call soon,as it happened.
    A lady called me 3-4 days later,we had a short phone interview,just 2 questions,pretty easy.She asked me if i could go for an interview with the department manager.Went to the interview,he explained me the duties,the hours and he made me sign some papers for backround check!and previous employment verification!
    Didnt hear back for 2weeks,got worried and contacted them,asked me to go to make some paperwork,they gave me the job package offer but they told me i have to wait cuz they are hiring people and they neec at least 4persons for the orientation,
    Just have to wait,as the hiring manager told me a couple of weeks,so that they callme to go for the orientation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary based on previous working experience inside and outside Canada,also in the salary your education is important if u have graduated from a university even not from a Canadian Institute it counts.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

A group of 10 people went into the interview, with all the Assistant Managers and the Store Manager was there as well. They did a few role playing on how to sell the Mastercard and other Walmart Activities.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Walmart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Straight forward dress code was business casual.hr calls u first. Then u meet with the hiring manager for the department. He asks you some questions about flexibility about ur personality. Then he explains the rest of the hiring process to you. You act out the Walmart MasterCard sale. They call you back after a few days. They do a background check on you. If you pass then welcome to Walmart

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had issues with a coworker or a customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy, and quick. They made me sign a few documents for a background check and I was on my way. I got a call from them about an week after saying I had got the job, and I will be attending an orientation two days later. Very pleased with the interview process the manager was friendly and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, you take what they give.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview, somewhat causal, similar to speed dating with numerous assistant managers doing the interview. A bit disorganized depending on how busy the store is. Usually will know whether you are hired on the spot so no time is wasted.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Airdrie, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Airdrie, AB (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview was good and straight to the point. Questions were fairly easy to answer and relevant to the job. The hiring manager was friendly and she offered me a job right then and there, you could tell they were desperate for employees though.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well on a team?   Answer Question
    • Have you had customer service experience in the past? How would you handle an angry/upset customer?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview where they asked me questions about previous experience and then asked me to bring in some paperwork. At the in-person interview I spoke with a manager and went over the same things as the phone interview with a little more detail. Both interviews were about 5-10 minutes. I completed some paperwork and was given a start date for training.

Walmart Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Lengthy, on-line assessment, HR phone interview, HR and DM interview then a interview with the Store Manager. It took about 4 meetings before I was given the job. It was not intimadating because I have been through these types of interviews many times before. It was quite casual most of the time.

Interview Questions

• Very Standard questions, how you deal with associates not doing what they should, how do you motivate, how do you handle unruly customers etc...   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

Recruiter will call you, set up a phone interview and if you pass the pre-screening and behavioural interview you are invited to proceed with a interview with a senior HR Manager such as the District Manager. Store Manager will never get involved once the HR reports to main office in Mississauga

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Walmart pays what its pay grid determines. I asked for 45K and they offered me 65K, very honest process.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online on walmart careers and got call within few days and there was quick 5 minutes interview and in few hours got call that I am selected.

Negotiation

non negotiable.