WalMart Canada Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WalMart Canada Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Grove City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Grove City, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

i was called in for a interview,brought back in for a second. all the normal questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for WalMart Canada

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

I had applied online and got a call about a week later for a phone interview. The questions were basic, mostly focusing on "what would you do in such and such situation". They will tell you that you may get a call back. I did and I went in for a group interview. It was quite easy, most of the same questions while doing a one on one with a manager. While sitting in a group, they explain the job and company and we had to state our name, what was important to us in a job and if we saw those things in Wal-Mart. A little over a week later, I got called in for a second interview. This time was to fill in paperwork after accepting an offer, and also giving two references. They send you home to wait for a background check email and to get called in for orientation. It's been over a week now, and I haven't gotten an email or a call.

Interview Questions

• A person with lots of groceries, a woman with a crying baby, and a person with a couple of items all come to your cash at the same time. Who do you help first and why?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations. My advice is to make sure you don't need a job ASAP because this process takes quite some time.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at WalMart Canada in August 2016.

Interview

Got phone interview asked 2 situation questions and about availability and then gave interview date and time. Next step after interview is one on one interview and that's it !

Interview Questions

• Why Walmart?   Answer Question
    • You just opened cash, three customers rush to u one with crying baby, one with two items in Cart and one with full cart
      In which order u take gem and why
      Answer Question
    • How u convince reluctant coworker?   Answer Question
    • Tell a time when u gave unique solution   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week and a half later and was asked about 2 behavioral questions on the phone and if you pass that stage they'll set up an interview for whatever time and you come in. At the interview it's a group interview with about 5 other people. it's like a speed dating type of interviewing. They ask you a total of 5 questions I believe, it's all behavioral questions. Theyre most likely to ask you the same questions that they asked you on the phone. They ask you 1 question and they write down your answer. It's not really scary because their all friendly. When they ask you the question they rotate managers to ask you the next. Just be yourself, they aren't looking for a professional millionaire with a butler, their just looking to see if you have the right motivation to work there. Then the store manager asks you a question at the end of the speed dating which is "which environment would you like to work in?". After they tell you that they're gonna call you if they want you. Just study all of Walmart behavioral questions and you're good to go. The questions are based on the assessment questions you do online, just keep that in mind. I'm still waiting for them to call.

Interview Questions

• there's a long line up at your line and a lady with a crying baby, one with 1 item, and someone with a cart full, which would you serve first   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online and got a call back 2 days later. Went through 2 stages of the interview. A phone interview and a group interview. The phone interview was pretty short, about 15 minutes and was just asked a few general questions. If you answer them correctly they will then set you up for a group interview.
    The group interview was fun and included 2 stages.

The first stage the managers just talked to us about walmart and working there. They then set us up to participate in different activities with a partner such as role playing, selling a product, introducing the person beside you etc.

The second stage was more one on one where each manager went around and asked us different questions about availability, strengths/weakness etc.

After they take all your information they tell you that you'll expect a call back regardless if they choose to hiring you or not, which is nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.. salary was higher than minimum wage

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parry Sound, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Parry Sound, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Was very clear and concise, meeting the Department Manager and Store Manager at the meeting was great, they made me feel very comfortable and I understood what position I was being offered right away

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Pre Screen phone interview, asked about prior experience, asked 2 customer serivce questions, told me to come into an interview. Managers asked 2 questions each. From there they told me to coming to kind of a group interview. Finally called me for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you convinced someone, how did you do it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Apolied online and got a call three days later. Completed 2 phone interviews in the same day. I passed and they invited me to come in for a group interview composed of about 8 people. After that interview they said they would let us know 3 days after if we got the job to meet with store managers in the final interview. Got a call the day of saying to come in the next day for the last interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview and Group Interview Question and Demonstration: "What would be your own unique way to sell the WalMart card to the customers?"   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Got a call over the phone and went through a phone interview asking me about my previous work experience. Got another call for a second phone interview asking me about my availability and what hours I can work. Got a third call for a group interview. Went but never heard back from them again

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in your past work where you dealt with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

group interview
    Introduce your partner to the group, role playing (cashier to a customer selling Walmart Mastercard ) Questions-What are you going to do if a customer told you that you have a bad service? How can you show your adaptability? Describe a time when you have a new management? How can you show that you are an asset to the company? What will you do if your team members do not show full cooperation or do not share the same hard work as you do?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, salary is based on Education and work experience