WalMart Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WalMart Canada Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.3

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at WalMart Canada in August 2016.

Interview

Got phone interview asked 2 situation questions and about availability and then gave interview date and time. Next step after interview is one on one interview and that's it !

Interview Questions

• Why Walmart?   Answer Question
    • You just opened cash, three customers rush to u one with crying baby, one with two items in Cart and one with full cart
      In which order u take gem and why
      Answer Question
    • How u convince reluctant coworker?   Answer Question
    • Tell a time when u gave unique solution   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Submitted my resume online for the position. A week later I was called by HR to schedule a screening call for the next day. Told them I would be available at 2pm on the dot as I had other meetings to attend to. HR called me at 145pm... And then never followed up.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week and a half later and was asked about 2 behavioral questions on the phone and if you pass that stage they'll set up an interview for whatever time and you come in. At the interview it's a group interview with about 5 other people. it's like a speed dating type of interviewing. They ask you a total of 5 questions I believe, it's all behavioral questions. Theyre most likely to ask you the same questions that they asked you on the phone. They ask you 1 question and they write down your answer. It's not really scary because their all friendly. When they ask you the question they rotate managers to ask you the next. Just be yourself, they aren't looking for a professional millionaire with a butler, their just looking to see if you have the right motivation to work there. Then the store manager asks you a question at the end of the speed dating which is "which environment would you like to work in?". After they tell you that they're gonna call you if they want you. Just study all of Walmart behavioral questions and you're good to go. The questions are based on the assessment questions you do online, just keep that in mind. I'm still waiting for them to call.

Interview Questions

• there's a long line up at your line and a lady with a crying baby, one with 1 item, and someone with a cart full, which would you serve first   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online and got a call back 2 days later. Went through 2 stages of the interview. A phone interview and a group interview. The phone interview was pretty short, about 15 minutes and was just asked a few general questions. If you answer them correctly they will then set you up for a group interview.
    The group interview was fun and included 2 stages.

The first stage the managers just talked to us about walmart and working there. They then set us up to participate in different activities with a partner such as role playing, selling a product, introducing the person beside you etc.

The second stage was more one on one where each manager went around and asked us different questions about availability, strengths/weakness etc.

After they take all your information they tell you that you'll expect a call back regardless if they choose to hiring you or not, which is nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.. salary was higher than minimum wage

Overnight Stocker/Produce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied on line and had my assessment test first.I was pretty sure my assessment was ok but i hadnt heard anything back from them.I decided to contact the store manager to learn my score.He informed me i had cleared the assessment and that i would get a call soon,as it happened.
    A lady called me 3-4 days later,we had a short phone interview,just 2 questions,pretty easy.She asked me if i could go for an interview with the department manager.Went to the interview,he explained me the duties,the hours and he made me sign some papers for backround check!and previous employment verification!
    Didnt hear back for 2weeks,got worried and contacted them,asked me to go to make some paperwork,they gave me the job package offer but they told me i have to wait cuz they are hiring people and they neec at least 4persons for the orientation,
    Just have to wait,as the hiring manager told me a couple of weeks,so that they callme to go for the orientation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary based on previous working experience inside and outside Canada,also in the salary your education is important if u have graduated from a university even not from a Canadian Institute it counts.

Walmart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy. Starts off with a simple phone interview in which they just ask for your availability, some behavioural type questions, and for previous experiences. If you pass that they call you in for a group interview. Asked a few scenario based questions, there were three interviewers asking 1-2 questions each, so it was a little awkward when one person took longer to finish and everyone had to wait. Then they took us on a tour of the store and told us about each department. I guess this part was a test too as they would ask us simple comprehension questions and one of the staff were taking notes on our performance. Overall, super simple interview process.

They called me for the phone interview 2 weeks after I had applied.

Interview Questions

• You are just opening up your till. Three customers rush towards you: one with a full cart, one with two items, and a mother with a crying baby. In which order do you serve them and why?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parry Sound, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Parry Sound, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Was very clear and concise, meeting the Department Manager and Store Manager at the meeting was great, they made me feel very comfortable and I understood what position I was being offered right away

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Received a phone conversation, interviewer was quite easy going and casual, seemed to be interested in my answers. I have since then been asked for an in-person interview which has been timed for an hour but shouldn't take that long.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions - asking if I know how to use certain programs and perform certain functions. The programs mentioned were not noted in the job description so it was out of the blue but I was able to answer the questions effectively.   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WalMart Canada in May 2016.

Interview

Had to do an online assessment consisting on multiple choice and strongly agree/disagree type questions. I got a call a couple days later and had a phone interview with the manager of the
    department. They asked about availability and 2 situational type questions. She seemed in a hurry so it was about 5 minutes. At the end of the phone interview I was invited for a group interview. Was speed dating style with about 5 managers each asking 1-2 questions each. Fairly quick, was about 20 minutes. I was told if we were successful, we'd hear back within 24-48 h. Next day I received a call and was invited for a one on one interview with the store manager. He basically asked me a little about myself and I had to fill out background and reference forms. He told me I'd hear back if successful. 2.5 weeks later I got a phone call asking me to come in for an orientation. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

Took a long time and I had already accepted another job offer

Interview

Applied online, after 3 days, got phone interview, then requested for 1on 1 interview the next day, the manager is very nice, easy questions, then after the interview, she said i got the job! And be back the next day for the job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation because she said that was the best offer she could give to me.