WalMart Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WalMart Canada Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2017

2.3

Produce Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbotsford, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Abbotsford, BC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very easy, the easiest interview I have ever done. The manager asked literally 3 questions in the in person interview and for the most part was just telling me about the job. Basically told me I had the job and were just going to have to wait for back check.

Night-Shift Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Typical liw level job interview. Questions asked were apprpriate and nothing one would not expect when intetviewing with a large corporation in a snow covered land on the edge of darkness beyond lite. Good mgr, nice smile, tea was helpfull, hoped to get the job - part yes, part no.

DARE Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

1. Phone Screening - 30 mins
    - Simple Behavioral Questions

2. Skype Interview

- Group Case
    - Office Tour
    - Senior Executive Talk
    - Meeting current DARE Associates

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Photo Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Brief, standard questions, easy. I was referred by a friend. The interview happened in the late 90's so the process has changed now. I basically walked in, filled out a form, came back another day for the interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Long process - took 2 months. Had 2 interviews on the phone, a group discussion and interviews with a panel (managers).
    Also had to take an online personality assessment test.

The process, although smooth, seemed way too long for a part-time position.

Interview Questions

• Situation based questions
      Past experiences
      Expectations
      Availability
      Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Apolied online and got a call three days later. Completed 2 phone interviews in the same day. I passed and they invited me to come in for a group interview composed of about 8 people. After that interview they said they would let us know 3 days after if we got the job to meet with store managers in the final interview. Got a call the day of saying to come in the next day for the last interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview and Group Interview Question and Demonstration: "What would be your own unique way to sell the WalMart card to the customers?"   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

This was a pre-screening telephone interview. I didn't know for which exact position I was interviewing so it was harder to prepare. She offered me an Assistant Manager position, but in a different city. Fairly straight forward questions from my work experience, and couple of situational questions. She was firing questions very fast, so I had to be really thinking on my feet. Overall, positive feeling after the 30. min interview. I am still awaiting to hear from them to setup a face to face meeting as promissed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Walmart?   1 Answer
    • If an employee was underperforming, what would you do?   1 Answer

Bakery & Deli Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Port Coquitlam, BC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Was called and had a ten minute phone interview. Then called in for an in person interview two days later. Had a group interview with two others were some of the Assistant Managers would sit at different tables and we were each given about 5 minutes with each manager and asked 2 -3 interview questions. One of them told us about the benefits of working for Walmart. While the others asked regular interview questions. Was told I would be called within 48 hrs.. Got a call the next morning with an offer. But not for the job I'd applied for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Walmart?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

A group of 10 people went into the interview, with all the Assistant Managers and the Store Manager was there as well. They did a few role playing on how to sell the Mastercard and other Walmart Activities.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Got a call over the phone and went through a phone interview asking me about my previous work experience. Got another call for a second phone interview asking me about my availability and what hours I can work. Got a third call for a group interview. Went but never heard back from them again

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in your past work where you dealt with a difficult situation   Answer Question