WalMart Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WalMart Canada Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.4

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

First you will have to apply online. Then there will be an online harassment. After you pass that, there will be phone interview. After that, there will be group interview.

Walmart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying online, one of the managers will phone you and do a phone interview asking general questions about you, and "What would you do if...?" type questions.

If you pass the phone interview, you will be invited to a group interview. There will be approximately 10 other applicants there. The first phase is partnering up with one other candidate and asking about them, who they are, what they do, why they applied to wamart, etc. After chatting with the other candidate for about 5 minutes, you will be asked to introduce *them* to the group. The second phase splits up the group, and this case it was all cashier applicants, so we had one group talking about the Walmart Rewards MasterCard, where you learned about the benefits of the card, and had to sell the card to other members in that group. The other group was doing speed-interviews with all the managers. Quick, fast-paced answers are required here as it's done a-la Musical Chairs style, all the managers shift seats every 60 seconds.

If you pass the group-interview, you will be requested to come to a one-on-one interview with the general manager of the store.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if a customer is unsatisfied with their experience at Walmart?"   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Standard process. Applied online and received a screening call and then a phone interview with HR rep, after that I had an in-person with hiring manager. Average interview difficulty. Received offer quickly after that. Whole process probably took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WalMart Canada in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I received a phone call. I missed the call and a couple days later I called Walmart letting them know I was still interested in the position. I was asked about my availability and position I applied for and I was told she would print off my application and give it to the manager in that department.

About a week or so later I received another call and it was a manager. I was told a group interview would be occurring the next day and I was asked if I would be able to attend, I said yes. I was then asked about my availability and why do I want to work for Walmart. The manager then asked me about six behavioral type questions. I found the manager very easy to talk too and easy going as well.

The group interview consisted of five parts. The first part was introducing your partner. The second part was selling the Walmart Rewards MasterCard, then there was a role-play scenario that occurred with my partner. From there candidates received a sheet of paper that had some questions on it (they had to do with selling/customer service) and we had to answer them. The last part consisted of two managers sitting in separate spots in the room and they asked each candidate one question each. We then got asked again about our availability and then it ended.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Walmart?
      What is one thing you want to accomplish in your life?
      How would you deal with a customer who is being diffult?
      Name a time you dealt with a tricky situation, but had a simple solution.
      Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Applied online, two weeks later I got a call asking about my work history and availability and other basic questions that were on my application. They said I was successful and someone would call in 4 days. That person called 1 month later. She asked questions like, "Name a time that you went above and beyond in your job" for maybe 5-10 mins. After she said someone would be in contact. Four days later I was asked to come in for a group interview. There was 4 of us and we were paired off. We filled out paper work (criminal record and references) and then met all the managers and they left after. We had to introduce our partner, then we acted out a situation and discuss the problems. After we had to sell a product to our partner (Off bug spray clip, Walmart rewards MasterCard). Then all the managers came back and we did a speed dating type thing where they each individually asked us a question and we had 90 seconds to respond. The whole group interview took about an hour and they said someone would contact us in 24-48 hours whether we were successful or not. I was successful and they said someone would contact me later. 5 days later someone called and asked me to come in for an interview with the store manager. Took about 15 mins very quick and easy, the store manager officially hires you and you sign paperwork and you are invited to orientation. It was a VERY long process for me but very easy.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you went above and beyond in your job   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy, and quick. They made me sign a few documents for a background check and I was on my way. I got a call from them about an week after saying I had got the job, and I will be attending an orientation two days later. Very pleased with the interview process the manager was friendly and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, you take what they give.

Produce Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (East Windsor, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

There was two types of interview process. The first one was over the phone. The second is a group session (of where there would be 10 or 11 other people depending on how many are attending the session). I did managed to get through with the phone interview (asking me various questions of when my availability is and general interview question as well as "Tell me about a time when...." type questions). When I got to the group session (also known as a group interview) there was 3 types of scenarios. The first scenario was basically introducing the person next to you. The second scenario was trying to sell a product to a customer (in which case the product will be random but real). That took place before a talk about what Wal-Mart is about. The third scenario is a loud interview (with 4 different managers) giving a "Tell me about a time when...." question in which case you have to answer within 40 seconds (and there are 4 questions - in which case each manager can give out one question per candidate). I guess the last was a Wal-Mart cheer. So far, they mentioned that they would give a call back within a day or two (in which case it has already passed a day or two) and that I did not hear back from Wal-Mart with an offer. I had a similar type of interview back in December of 2014 (that I was applying for both Tire and Lube and Overnight 3rd stock). They gave me a call back within the two-day range and told me that they already chosen a candidate who skills are more qualified. Did I felt very satisfied about both of these Wal-Mart interviews? Not really - but I did remembered that for the Wal-Mart December 2014 interview I received a survey within a week and sent them an email to say that it would be easier if they make the interview process easier by not asking "Tell me about a time...." questions. I don't think Wal-Mart really cares about those surveys anyways. They never bothered to reply to those surveys.

Interview Questions

• There was a few of the "tell me about a time...." questions.   2 Answers

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WalMart Canada in July 2015.

Interview

Took 3 months from online application to the interview.
    Finally get the interview and 2 weeks to receive an email advising I've not been selected.
    Was supposed to receive feedback from the interviewer and no one called back, even if I requested for feedback. Disappointing process. I know I maybe not have the "fit" for this company but after 3 months, a feedback would be appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you had to change your opinion for the benefit of the community any.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Three rounds of interview process 1. Human resoures 2. Human resources head office 3. store manager.After a month they offered me a position but i declined. Interview process was very professional and without delays

Second Instock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

One round of Telephonic Interview asked about me and my previous work experience and i was informed about the 2nd round with a manager at the store. Interview was a One to One with one of the Assistant Store Manager. got selected went through the background check called for the Orientation process and given the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Asked me a situation in which i faced and solved a issue of a customer?   1 Answer