WalMart Canada Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WalMart Canada Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (North York, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

The first step is to submit a profile on line where you have to answer around 80 questions . The questions are simple behaviour based . If you have retail experience it would be easy to answer these questions. After the online assessment there will be a telephonics interview which will take around 20 mnts .

Interview Questions

• What is the market share of walmart amongst all the other retail chain ?   1 Answer

Pay offered was not as expected . Less hours

Other Interview Reviews for WalMart Canada

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

It tooks months for them to call me(you only apply online) We were two to be interviewed, they wanted to see if you can focus on one person only. They were 3 but one person only ask you questions. If I had to give you an advice it would be to smile a lot!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Hiring manager was very polite and conversational. My interview was done in the cash office just behind the customer service desk. Interview was quite straightforward; I was asked only 2 questions and then lead to a group interview with 10 other people in the backroom of Walmart. Needless to say everyone was hired, but we all ended up with a position that we "desired".

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Walmart?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have that makes you a suitable candidate for Walmart?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, this was my very first job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WalMart Canada in April 2016.

Interview

Thorough, quick to go over small details. Extremely pleasant hiring staff. First half involves a group situation. Second half involves 1:1 with you personally to see if you are an appropriate fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenging customer situation and how did you react to it?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview that was pretty easy going. Had to tell manager a little bit about myself, why i wanted to work at walmart, one or two scenario questions. Just a couple hours later i got a call for a group interview the following day. That was pretty easy going too. The manager was very friendly and so were all the other customers I talked to while waiting for the interview to begin. The actual interview consisted of a scenario we had to act out in pairs. We had to sell a random object together. Then we had a speed-dating type one-on-one interview with 4 managers that each asked us one question. For the store i applied to, the interviewing was really really easy. After, we all waited outside the interview room (8 of us) for the verdict and we all got hired. We had to come in the following day for the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had been accused of giving bad service and/or what would do/did do in that situation?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you had to overcome something very challenging and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation really. Staring salary was above minimum wage slightly. They give more if you have previous experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

They called me and asked me a few questions (Explain to me a time where you had to be in charge), Then she called me for a group interview, (speed dating interview process). We also had to role play and pretend to help customers and had to solve an issue (employees gossiping). Then the next day they called and hired me.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a time where you had to be in charge, what's your availability? why should I hire you? what are your strengths and weaknesses, tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Kitchener, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Friendly atmosphere, felt comfortable and not pressured. My interviewer was very professional and we could relate on multiple levels. Again back to the comfort level, not being pressured or stressed from the questions given.

Interview Questions

• What do you like doing outside of work?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Red Deer, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Red Deer, AB (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Apply online pass a test, brief telephone interview, 1 on 1 interview, 4 hour intense orientation. One on one interview was not in a private setting which I found odd - people coming and going.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No salary negotiation, however I did tell them what days and hours I wanted to work.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrie, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Barrie, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Had to do an assessment test. Received a call a few days later asking me to come in and see someone from management. I was surprised that there was no interview, so I guess that if you pass the assessment test, you don't need to go for an interview. They can figure out who you are from the assessment test. This is JUST a guess so I don't know for certain if that's the case.

Interview Questions

• None. Seems they were desperate for people (they were hiring 40 temporary part-time sales associates) and the manager asked about availability. BTW, the manager was straightforward, calm, and very friendly.   Answer Question

Part-time at this Walmart location means weekends from Friday evenings - Sunday evenings. Full-time positions are for Mondays-Fridays. The WalMart I applied to was open from 7am-11pm seven days a week. Shifts vary and that didn't work for me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Markham, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online and received a call in 2-3 weeks (phone interview) questions were very basic, then they told me to come in for a group interview. There were at least 4 others in my group interview but the interview was comfortable. Managers asked each individual to tell everybody a bit about themselves and then conducted a small 1-on-1 interview for about 5 mins with each person.

Phone interview Questions: (can't remember all, things might have changed)

1. Give me an example of a time when your team member or customer was giving you a hard time and how did you handle it?

2. How do you deal with pressure or a tough day at work?

3. What does customer service mean to you?

Interview Questions

• Completing the long online questionnaire was the hard part.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My advice to others is to make sure your available to work often.