Waldorf Astoria Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 30, 2016

2.8

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Waldorf Astoria (Beverly Hills, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume on line, was contacted by a recruiter and asked to submit a video interview. Waiting to hear regarding an in person interview. The host allows several practice questions which are actually harder than the actual question the appropriate is required to answer while recording yourself.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Hilton Hotels and Resorts?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Very negative experience. The first interview failed because they changed the date and time and I was not fully informed. The second time finally worked out, I was told to wait for a week to hear the feedback. Two weeks past and I sent an email to HR, no one reply. Now 3 month past, I saw my classmate post his offer letter on his social media, finally I know that they had a decision. The whole process was very disappointing. You can tell that the HR team is small and functioning inefficiently.

Experienced Floral Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waldorf Astoria (Boca Raton, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Have to fill an online application. If they are interested they call you to attend a formal interview with top executives of the department you are applying for. Very friendly and dynamic. Both executives talk with you and ask you many questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had a framed quote hanging on top of your living-room chimney, what would it say?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Waldorf Astoria (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Two Skype interviews. First time is with one person, second time with two people. Both interviews were behavioral and the second Skype interview was very similar to the first one. Then visit to the office in New York to interview with 4 different members of the team, each representing their part of the rotational program. These interviews were about 5 minutes each and gave a rundown of what job responsibilities are, etc. They also asked behavioral questions and a few "specific instance" questions (name a time when....). Overall, interview process was not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked with people with diverse cultural backgrounds   Answer Question

Property Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waldorf Astoria (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Went to a total of two interviews, first was with HR asking very basic and straightforward questions. The second interview was more technical with the current property operations teams, very detailed questions on what I have learned in the past.

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waldorf Astoria (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

With the Waldorf Astoria is you have to do a video interview for any job that you apply for. Which is pretty cool and convenient for everyone but at the same time very frustrating.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions like what would you do in a certain situation or give them an example of a situation   Answer Question

Page Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waldorf Astoria in January 2015.

Interview

Apply online on their webpage. They will send an email asking for a date and time to call you, that was after a week in my case, asking to chose a scheduled date and time to call. If they, by any chance don't call you, try to write them (HR) so they can keep you in mind.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult experience you have gone through in your last job?   Answer Question

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waldorf Astoria (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I submitted app. online and called them. They called back for 1st interview. I was not called back for 2nd interview and never had an opportunity to give them a sample massage, even though I had an outstanding 18-year history in massage therapy and outstanding record of work with tourists from all walks of life. I had worked in two other spas similar to theirs for years. I then received a "Dear John" form letter that implied I would not be considered, ever. The only negative remark they made that could be a reason for rejecting me was that I had worked for a 4-Star hotel in the past, and THEY were a 5-Star hotel. They said there was a BIG difference between a 4 and 5 star hotel!!!

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation you encountered with co-workers/clients. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Head Chef Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Waldorf Astoria.

Interview

very structured and detailed about the potion. He was open for conversation about things other than the job/work. The one bad or negative is that from the time you finish application to the day you start is an average of 30-45 days. I know for fact that many good people are lost because of the long process.

Interview Questions

• So can you do this? ....(yes) okay I will call you in few weeks tell what day you start...............(ok, thanks. do you know when that might be?) not sure still have interviews to do, but i have your number. ....(ok)   Answer Question

Negotiation

none. was told pay and all options once there. job was mine if i wanted but starting at that rate and would rise after 90 days

Front Desk Manager Interview

Interview

Multiple interviews with executive staff.

Interview Questions

• Explain your most challenging day at work and how did you feel when is was over?   Answer Question