Waldorf Astoria Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

2.6

Director, Training and Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waldorf Astoria (Batavia, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

After submitting an online application, I was contacted within 2 business days for a request to start the interview process, beginning with a video interview. A new experience for me, and very interesting! A self recorded video interview with a chance to practice before saving your final responses and submitting. There is no person on the other end. I was speaking into my microphone using my webcam, responding to questions that appear within the video application. The video interview must be completed within 72 hours from the time the information is provided. I enjoyed the new technology and the opportunity. This type of interview was very appropriate for the position that I was interviewing for.
    Within 4 day’s from my interview submission the same recruiter reached out to thank me, and kindly explained their budget was below my minimum salary requirements. I was so impressed that she took the time to contact me and provide the candid response! Nicely done, Corrine!

Food Runner Interview

Interview

Phone interview where I answered a couple questions and then scheduled an in person regular interview days later. They call you just so they don't have you drive all the way over there to waste your time.

Interview Questions

• What my availability was, and if I could work weekends and holidays.   Answer Question

Pantry Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waldorf Astoria (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

It was formal. He was very straightforward and open with past experiences. He was very helpful in describing the job description. He gave me a tour of the kitchen and the restaurant.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you were frustrated at work and how did you manage?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Waldorf Astoria.

Interview

Very thoughtful and accommodating interview process. Interviews were prompt and efficient. Got hired in two weeks. Human Resources was very helpful with Paper work filling out process. Orientation classes was very informative and fun.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waldorf Astoria (Beverly Hills, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Took about a month to hear back, and the interview itself was three hours of wait time at Morton's Steak House. Three Managers interviewed me from various positions at the hotel. Overall, I was there for about four hours. I was asked a series of questions about my customer service and hospitality experience and how I would deal with picky guests.

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waldorf Astoria (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very brief and dry. The hiring manager did not seem very personable. She did not sound like she enjoyed working at the company or even wanted to be there that day.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Waldorf Astoria (Beverly Hills, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume on line, was contacted by a recruiter and asked to submit a video interview. Waiting to hear regarding an in person interview. The host allows several practice questions which are actually harder than the actual question the appropriate is required to answer while recording yourself.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Hilton Hotels and Resorts?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waldorf Astoria (Orlando, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring process overall took almost 30 days. I was promised a specific start date and did not start until two weeks after that start date. The property is very beautiful and easy to get to.

Interview Questions

• Are you available full time, any time of day, any day of the year?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Very negative experience. The first interview failed because they changed the date and time and I was not fully informed. The second time finally worked out, I was told to wait for a week to hear the feedback. Two weeks past and I sent an email to HR, no one reply. Now 3 month past, I saw my classmate post his offer letter on his social media, finally I know that they had a decision. The whole process was very disappointing. You can tell that the HR team is small and functioning inefficiently.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waldorf Astoria (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

it was very thorough and very focused and detailed. it wasn't intimidating. they give time to articulate you thoughts and deliver. it went through 3 phases; HR manager, department manger hen general manager. overall very good experience !