Walgreens Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Walgreens

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

I was hired by a store manager who was in charge of interviews at the time, she then relayed everything to corporate, at the time I was hired it was easier than it is now

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really ask anything difficult because of prior work experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

just be prepared to work almost every weekend and if you are a church goer,,good luck

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Drove to Corporate location in CA. Just went into a cubicle, took some on-line tests and when I came out, they offered me the job. I did know someone who worked there, so that helped, I think. They were really hiring people out of 4 yr college at the time.

Interview Questions

• Is there any reason why stealing would be acceptable?   2 Answers

Wasn't really the job for me> heard the company is pretty bad now.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I Was Already Currently Worked At Walgreen's For 3 Years Before This Interview. I was Interview by an old Store Manager of mine, and another store manager the Interview was pretty basic, They threw a few Walgreens, Terms and what would you do if... since I had been already worked there and knew the routine, I passed with flying colors!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They Offered Me $16.50 with atleast 4 hours of overtime a week, with potential for raises and promotions. They eventualy (3 weeks later) took away ALL OVER TIME, and didn't see more then 8Cents Raise haha

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Columbus, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Horrible and unprofessional, It lasted 20 minutes and the general manager keep re-scheduling. He made me fill like I was a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult thing was answering all the pre interview on-line questions, just to get a 20 min interview.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens in April 2009.

Interview

I was recruited at a university job fair looking for recent college grads. I submitted my résumé to a recruiter and then filled out the online application. I got a phone call got an interview and was offered the position at the conclusion of the interview.

None of this matters anymore since the company is no longer hiring MGTs and instead hiring lower paid Shift Leads to do the same job. But the process is the same.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions are behavioral questions about specific work situations at previous jobs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer was $x/hr. take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Nashville, TN) in October 2009.

Interview

I received one interview and was offered the job on the spot. Straight forward questioning pertaining to retail and customer service. Interview probably lasted about 30 minutes. Training was thorough; all situations and scenarios that were commonly expected were covered.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you went above and beyond for a customer to satisfy there needs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Discussing the base salary, availability in regards to religious observations and such.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Internal only, interviewed with the district manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Riverside, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus career website, got called into interview about a few weeks later. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. Pretty much all behavioral questions. I was interviewed by the store manager of Corona herself. Slightly intimidating, but overall friendly. I feel like the questions she asked were more negative, putting me in situations where I would really have to question my own faults and weaknesses. However, I feel like their interviewing process definitely is great practice, so even if you do not get a job, it is a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one thing that makes you different than everyone else I am seeing today.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Champaign, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Pretty simple process all said and done. The process, for me, involved first filling out the online application which entailed several behavioral exams and general experience. Was then contacted by a talent acquisition manager who scheduled an interview on my college campus. I additionally went to my local Walgreen's and requested a small sit-down with the current store manager; which I believe helped facilitate the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you see yourself facing as the Assistant store manager?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed with two higher-level Store Managers. Not a bad processes

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offer you and you either accept or decline.