Walgreens Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Walgreens

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Paducah, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Paducah, KY) in June 2009.

Interview

Found the listing online, took their skills test, consented for background check and drug screening. Got a call back about a week later to come in for an interview with the Store Manager, who passes on recommendations for Assistant Store Manager to the District Manager. Interview was very thorough (about 2 hours), and they had me drug test the same day. Starting pay varies by region (and cost of living), for my area it was $15.90 hourly, taking home 1272 biweekly (33,007 annually) plus a .50/hr premium for working overnight shifts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was better pay than I was expecting (not very much management experience) so I didn't push for more. They would probably consider more pay if you were already well-trained in retail management.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Winston-Salem, NC) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview is primarily a fielding ground to see whether you and the store manager will get along together. A few simple questions regarding past obstacles, previous duties, and your perceptions of your last job and what you believe being an assistant manager entails. The store manager did not at all appreciate that my Friday evening was never free due to my religious observance and said later that I would not receive a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion of NC State's basketball team?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you failed and how you would approach the same situation if it were presented again.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was average , it's open and ended question. Dont be nervous . If you are nervous just ask them to slow down. They let you bring water bottle to the interview. Make sure you tell them the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you go above and beyond , give me a situation and outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Pearland, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

Behavioral interview where they ask you questions on your past experience working or in school. They interview you with a manager and assistant, usually, to have a person to bounce ideas off about the persons success or failures in the interview. Its fairly easy and quick process taking about 30 minutes on average.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to earn someones trust to get something completed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn Pitt, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Penn Pitt, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

easy nice cool I didn't feel pressured to buy anything but some candy and I feel like it was really really god candy for the price I was forced to pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Orlando, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

Great experience,I went to jobfair and collect couple no of the managers, came home and apply online and call the same manager I met in the job fair,she told me that she is going to forward my CV to the hireing manger and the next day I got email for my interview,and it was great using cellphone from home with tha App hirevue

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redding, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Redding, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

it was an easy process and the managers were very excited to talk with me. three managers interviewed me for 30 mins. in all I left with a good sense of the companies expectations and duties of the job in questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

The worst interview ever!!!!! I scheduled an interview from career site of my university. When I was in the scheduled interview location, the company did not show up at all and they did not even schedule for an interview. After 10 minutes waiting, I told the front desk to follow up whether or not they were there. Unsurprisingly, the company never showed up.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens in June 2015.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview so it's based on past experiences. You explain the situation, what you did and the outcome. The district manager and a store manager did the interview. They score your answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to resolve a customer complaint. What was the situation, what did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Rochester, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Very short interview with no specifics asked about my resume or educational background. The interviewing manager seemed to have his mind made up that he wanted to hire me before we even met.