Walgreens Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

The worst interview ever!!!!! I scheduled an interview from career site of my university. When I was in the scheduled interview location, the company did not show up at all and they did not even schedule for an interview. After 10 minutes waiting, I told the front desk to follow up whether or not they were there. Unsurprisingly, the company never showed up.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redding, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Redding, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

it was an easy process and the managers were very excited to talk with me. three managers interviewed me for 30 mins. in all I left with a good sense of the companies expectations and duties of the job in questions.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens in February 2015.

Interview

You have to do your interview with two store managers, and it's a behavioral interview. Then you have to go through another behavioral interview with the district manager. it's mostly about your previous customer service experiences and how you handle a difficult customer or situation

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had a customer in pharmacy complaining that her prescription is not ready, Hou did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

It is a wonderful professional growth and learning experience

Interview Questions

• It is a wonderful professional growth and learning experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

You first have to be hired as an Assistant Store manager Trainee

Interview Questions

• this is a behavioral interview and relies on experiences, so be prepared!   Answer Question

Negotiation

pay is 1461 for working 88 hours every 2 weeks.... this is a salary position and you will only be making the equivalent of $16.20 per hour.... :( I only accepted because I thought the pay would be more. HIGHLY NOT RECOMENDED.... USE CAUTION!!!

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Houston, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Walgreens prefers to promote within. The lowest management position is SFL (Shift Lead). If you have at least 3 years of customer service experience and posses a good customer service background, you can be considered. You must also have a high school diploma.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer?
      Describe a situation that shows you can build a rapport with others.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Paducah, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Paducah, KY) in June 2009.

Interview

Found the listing online, took their skills test, consented for background check and drug screening. Got a call back about a week later to come in for an interview with the Store Manager, who passes on recommendations for Assistant Store Manager to the District Manager. Interview was very thorough (about 2 hours), and they had me drug test the same day. Starting pay varies by region (and cost of living), for my area it was $15.90 hourly, taking home 1272 biweekly (33,007 annually) plus a .50/hr premium for working overnight shifts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was better pay than I was expecting (not very much management experience) so I didn't push for more. They would probably consider more pay if you were already well-trained in retail management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Winston-Salem, NC) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview is primarily a fielding ground to see whether you and the store manager will get along together. A few simple questions regarding past obstacles, previous duties, and your perceptions of your last job and what you believe being an assistant manager entails. The store manager did not at all appreciate that my Friday evening was never free due to my religious observance and said later that I would not receive a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion of NC State's basketball team?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you failed and how you would approach the same situation if it were presented again.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens in February 2009.

Interview

Situational Interview, this ppoisition can not be applied for, must be promoted into within store