Walgreens Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walgreens (Cary, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview took place in the store with me and two other store managers. They asked me 10 total questions, all of which were behavioral style scenarios that I had to put myself in. I answered them quickly and it only lasted about 8 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you used store financial data to make a decision.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I was interviewed by the District Manager. It was a very formal and structured interview that took place in the office of the store in which I was working at the time, so it helped that it was a familiar environment. The interview consisted of around 10 behavioral questions. From what I can recall, each question gave a loose prompt or loose description of a situation such a as making a difficult decision as a manager, working in a team, implementing innovative strategies, etc., and in each case you have to describe a specific example of a situation from your personal experience that applies to the prompt. For me, it lasted around 20-25 minutes (just the formal 10 questions). Immediately after, the district manager gave me feedback about how I interviewed right on the spot. The main advice I would have for somebody going in to an interview for this position- is have a LOT of personal and detailed example ready to go. The more details- the better.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation that you overcame in a management position; describe a new stragegy you implemented to help your team (most questions ask about your management experience, in one way or another)   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I was interviewed in a board room by two district managers. The managers had a list of behavioral questions that they wanted me to answer. Since I prepared by practicing behavioral questions, most of the questions were easy to answer. Based on their comments and expressions, i was giving the right answers every time.

I received a phone call about a week later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had rally support for something you did not want to do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Greensboro, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process took about a total of two weeks. Was interviewed by three store managers during the first and second interview. Get on glass door and study up on the questions. Dress professionally, eye contact, firm handshake, and personality go a long way. Relax! Gods got you 😀

Interview Questions

• In the first interview, the questions are behavioral. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. How would you handle and angry customer? Tell me about your experience. What is your motivation. What is your weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

You meet up at the store with the Store Manager and a Store Manager from another store. A little bit of small talk and then straight to the questions (10), which are all Behavioral questions. You're always supposed to answer according to the STAR/SHARE method. From what I researched and my own experience, it is pretty structured so you have a good chance to nail it if you prepare properly.

Interview Questions

• question 0: Why Walgreens? It's an easy one, be sure to nail it.
      1- Describe a time when you had to explain (the organization) policies to a difficult client who didn't want to listen
      2 - Describe a time when you had to deal with a hostile client
      3 - Describe a time when your team members didn't want to collaborate to do a task, what did you do and what were the results.
      4 - Describe a time when you had to talk to a team member to let him/her know that you were getting customer's complaints (something like that)
      5 - Describe a time when you had to work on a large project and you didn't have enough manpower, what did you do
      6 - Describe a time you had a short deadline in a long process, how did you solve it.
      7 - Describe the most difficult decision you had to take in your organization.
      8 - Describe a time when you had to give feedback to a team member, how did you do it and what were the results.
      9- Describe a time when you use competition as a motivating tool without creating rough spots among the team
      10- Describe a time when you introduced changes in your job policies to get some improvement, what motivated you and what were the results.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Twinsburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Twinsburg, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for an ASMT online and about a week later I got a call from the Store Manager inviting me to interview the following Tuesday. I went in and he asked me about my background (4 years of retail and customer service), a little bit about myself, and then he went into 10 situational questions. If you have background in retail, the questions really aren't complicated. The questions are behavioral and are in relation to customer service, coworkers, time management, and organization. (Another review had more questions than what I remember so I would look at those too) The store manager said I seemed like a great fit for the company, especially considering my background. He told me I had to interview with another store manager before the job would be offered. The other store manager called me two hours later and invited me to interview the next day. He asked the same questions, and halfway through he stopped and said he had heard enough and that I was perfect for the job. He offered me the position.

The second store manager explained the process, I would have to get drug tested and get a background check, which I would do the following day (day 3). After that is approved, there would be two weeks at his store for training and then I would go back to the first store for my position. The position is hourly to start and after a couple months, and one training seminar, it would be a salary position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Walgreens?
      Describe a time you had to deal with a hostile customer, what did you do and what was the outcome?
      Describe a time you had a big project and a tight deadline?
      Describe a time you had to explain company policy to a customer that doesn't want to listen, what did you do, what was the outcome?
      Explain a time you had to motivate employees to work?
      Explain a time you had to give feedback to a coworker?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, $16 hourly

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Westminster, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

very friendly, in front of a store manager and an assistant store manager, asked about why i wanted to work for them and what kind of experience i had related to this job,

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to convince your team to complete an undesirable job? and how you convinced them?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Interview

Hard interview with dm,alot of situation questions.What would u do,how would u resolve,how did u train certain team members in completing a project,angry customers,happy customers,resets.Working with new team members and how u coached them in difficult times

Assistant Store Manager-Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Madison, WI).

Interview

I interviewed at the district office with two community leaders and another manager. They ask 10 questions and all responses should be SBO--describe the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to train someone to do a difficult task. What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Los Gatos, CA).

Interview

It took about a week for one of the store managers to call me In for a one on one interview. I studied everything online, simple questions to behavioral questions, and did not sleep the night before! I showed up an hour early, walked around the store, and let an employee know I was there for an interview. While waiting, a customer thought I worked there, she asked me to help her find something, so I agreed to help. Right after I finished helping her, my store manager walked up to me. Not sure whether she was a secret shopper but it was a really coincidence! Anyways, before he proceeded to ask my 10 questions, he asked ,"Why Walgreens?" Make sure you pass that in order to have an interview! He was really nice, but at the same time, knew what he was doing or supposed to be doing! I felt right at home but still didn't want to fully be my weird self! Out of 10 questions, none of it was studied for! They were questions that no one can duplicate the answers! I stuttered, used wrong grammars, but I was really honest with my answers. He kept saying " you are doing great. You are almost there." I was really grateful to have met him. At the end, he gave my feedbacks about my interview. He loved the facts that I was very happy, (smiling and laughing), and honest. He kept repeating the fact that being manager is not about sitting in the office doing paper work, but really gotta roll up your sleeves and grind. And, I have to prepare for retail working hours (weekend, holidays, etc). He was just so understanding! He started out as an associate too! He rated me from 1-5 per question and wrote down notes for his boss, District Manager. He told me right at the spot that he would offer the position, but he has to discuss with his boss too. I said I understand because there are procedures for everything and told him not to rush. He was just really an awesome manager! He called me back next day as promised and congratulated me. Sadly I will not be trained by him but by another store manager at a different location because it was closer to my house. I expressed that I was happy but kind of disappointed because I was looking forward to learn from him. I will be doing my drug test, back ground check, and everything tomorrow. My recommendations is to really be yourself but be smart about it. You are not talking to Your friends, you are talking to your future boss. Be honest. If you have commitment, eager to learn, and great customer service, you got well for a management role! You can do it!