Walgreens Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2017

3.1

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Applied online, assessment and virtual interview. About a week later I recieved an email from the store manager to call her in regards to the application. The manager seems nice and I have an interview tomorrow 10/30/17 hopefully it goes well and i dont have to go through anymore interviews

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve conflict within the group that you supervised?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Alexandria, LA) in November 2017.

Interview

This is only for the virtual interview, I haven't had an in person interview yet. It was 5 questions, and you'd get the questions one at a time, you'd have 30 seconds after the guy in the video finished asking the question to formulate a response. I felt far less comfortable with this than I would have in an actual interview. I'd read some of the interview questions on here and had prepared some responses. But it still felt very forced an unnatural. Most of the questions were on here just worded slightly differently, except for the one below. I submitted my interview last weekend and have yet to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a team mate had a great idea and how did you help implement it?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Apply for the position or get nominated by your Store Manager. Window is only open for a small period once a year, if you don't get the job you have to wait an entire year before you even have the chance to go for it again. Interviewers were other local Store Managers, very rigid, not a lot of eye contact, in a tiny room that resembled an interrogation room.

Interview Questions

• What was a circumstance where you had trouble with a specific employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview was easy, not too complicated. They will ask about your background and then give toh scenarios. Pretty comfortable and easy. The process is still going on becayse they had issues with their website. So they hired meas a shift lead, but will promote to ASMT this week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Gainesville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Two people interviewed me and took turns asking questions. There were about 8 scripted questions in total and afterward asked some general questions. It lasted about 30-40 minutes and both of the interviewers seemed decently laid back. The dress was casual so I only wore a button-down shirt and khakis. Overall a pretty relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one time where you had to assist and calm down an angry customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walgreens (Cary, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview took place in the store with me and two other store managers. They asked me 10 total questions, all of which were behavioral style scenarios that I had to put myself in. I answered them quickly and it only lasted about 8 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you used store financial data to make a decision.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I was interviewed by the District Manager. It was a very formal and structured interview that took place in the office of the store in which I was working at the time, so it helped that it was a familiar environment. The interview consisted of around 10 behavioral questions. From what I can recall, each question gave a loose prompt or loose description of a situation such a as making a difficult decision as a manager, working in a team, implementing innovative strategies, etc., and in each case you have to describe a specific example of a situation from your personal experience that applies to the prompt. For me, it lasted around 20-25 minutes (just the formal 10 questions). Immediately after, the district manager gave me feedback about how I interviewed right on the spot. The main advice I would have for somebody going in to an interview for this position- is have a LOT of personal and detailed example ready to go. The more details- the better.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation that you overcame in a management position; describe a new stragegy you implemented to help your team (most questions ask about your management experience, in one way or another)   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I was interviewed in a board room by two district managers. The managers had a list of behavioral questions that they wanted me to answer. Since I prepared by practicing behavioral questions, most of the questions were easy to answer. Based on their comments and expressions, i was giving the right answers every time.

I received a phone call about a week later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had rally support for something you did not want to do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Greensboro, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process took about a total of two weeks. Was interviewed by three store managers during the first and second interview. Get on glass door and study up on the questions. Dress professionally, eye contact, firm handshake, and personality go a long way. Relax! Gods got you 😀

Interview Questions

• In the first interview, the questions are behavioral. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. How would you handle and angry customer? Tell me about your experience. What is your motivation. What is your weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

You meet up at the store with the Store Manager and a Store Manager from another store. A little bit of small talk and then straight to the questions (10), which are all Behavioral questions. You're always supposed to answer according to the STAR/SHARE method. From what I researched and my own experience, it is pretty structured so you have a good chance to nail it if you prepare properly.

Interview Questions

• question 0: Why Walgreens? It's an easy one, be sure to nail it.
      1- Describe a time when you had to explain (the organization) policies to a difficult client who didn't want to listen
      2 - Describe a time when you had to deal with a hostile client
      3 - Describe a time when your team members didn't want to collaborate to do a task, what did you do and what were the results.
      4 - Describe a time when you had to talk to a team member to let him/her know that you were getting customer's complaints (something like that)
      5 - Describe a time when you had to work on a large project and you didn't have enough manpower, what did you do
      6 - Describe a time you had a short deadline in a long process, how did you solve it.
      7 - Describe the most difficult decision you had to take in your organization.
      8 - Describe a time when you had to give feedback to a team member, how did you do it and what were the results.
      9- Describe a time when you use competition as a motivating tool without creating rough spots among the team
      10- Describe a time when you introduced changes in your job policies to get some improvement, what motivated you and what were the results.   Answer Question