Walgreens Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Walgreens

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Omaha, NE).

Interview

This position will open up to the public in the near future. It will require a degree. The questions are behavioral based. Example- give me a specific example of...

Interview Questions

• Deals with breaking a rule or policy.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Every gets the same in the market.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walgreens (Tucson, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

Promoted through the Community Management Internship summer program. Interview for that position was nearly identical to the ASM-T Interview from what I heard. Asked typical behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Typical behavioral questions you'd find in any hourly position interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They have a pay rate and that's what you get.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walgreens (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I submitted an application in September and received a call for an interview in November. The interview was with the district manager and the HR manager. The interview questions were behavioral questions. The questions were quite simple.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to motivate your team to do something that you did not like doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens in January 2015.

Interview

Sat with the district manager who asked 10 questions. The interview took 1/2 hour. The interview was behavioral and had to be answered in the form of situation, behavior, outcome. I was only allowed to ask for the question to be repeated; the interviewer could not elaborate on questions. I was allowed to come back to questions if I could not think of an answer at the time. I did not have to wait long before they responded to let me know that I had received the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Interview

Hard interview with dm,alot of situation questions.What would u do,how would u resolve,how did u train certain team members in completing a project,angry customers,happy customers,resets.Working with new team members and how u coached them in difficult times

Anonymous Employee in Twinsburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Twinsburg, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for an ASMT online and about a week later I got a call from the Store Manager inviting me to interview the following Tuesday. I went in and he asked me about my background (4 years of retail and customer service), a little bit about myself, and then he went into 10 situational questions. If you have background in retail, the questions really aren't complicated. The questions are behavioral and are in relation to customer service, coworkers, time management, and organization. (Another review had more questions than what I remember so I would look at those too) The store manager said I seemed like a great fit for the company, especially considering my background. He told me I had to interview with another store manager before the job would be offered. The other store manager called me two hours later and invited me to interview the next day. He asked the same questions, and halfway through he stopped and said he had heard enough and that I was perfect for the job. He offered me the position.

The second store manager explained the process, I would have to get drug tested and get a background check, which I would do the following day (day 3). After that is approved, there would be two weeks at his store for training and then I would go back to the first store for my position. The position is hourly to start and after a couple months, and one training seminar, it would be a salary position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Walgreens?
      Describe a time you had to deal with a hostile customer, what did you do and what was the outcome?
      Describe a time you had a big project and a tight deadline?
      Describe a time you had to explain company policy to a customer that doesn't want to listen, what did you do, what was the outcome?
      Explain a time you had to motivate employees to work?
      Explain a time you had to give feedback to a coworker?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, $16 hourly

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

You meet up at the store with the Store Manager and a Store Manager from another store. A little bit of small talk and then straight to the questions (10), which are all Behavioral questions. You're always supposed to answer according to the STAR/SHARE method. From what I researched and my own experience, it is pretty structured so you have a good chance to nail it if you prepare properly.

Interview Questions

• question 0: Why Walgreens? It's an easy one, be sure to nail it.
      1- Describe a time when you had to explain (the organization) policies to a difficult client who didn't want to listen
      2 - Describe a time when you had to deal with a hostile client
      3 - Describe a time when your team members didn't want to collaborate to do a task, what did you do and what were the results.
      4 - Describe a time when you had to talk to a team member to let him/her know that you were getting customer's complaints (something like that)
      5 - Describe a time when you had to work on a large project and you didn't have enough manpower, what did you do
      6 - Describe a time you had a short deadline in a long process, how did you solve it.
      7 - Describe the most difficult decision you had to take in your organization.
      8 - Describe a time when you had to give feedback to a team member, how did you do it and what were the results.
      9- Describe a time when you use competition as a motivating tool without creating rough spots among the team
      10- Describe a time when you introduced changes in your job policies to get some improvement, what motivated you and what were the results.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Westminster, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

very friendly, in front of a store manager and an assistant store manager, asked about why i wanted to work for them and what kind of experience i had related to this job,

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to convince your team to complete an undesirable job? and how you convinced them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Traverse City, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about three days later. I was informed to complete a skill test at my nearest store -- when I arrived they said I had completed the skills test. The employees spent about 25 minutes not knowing what to do. Next, I called my contact and he told me my file was incomplete. A few days later, he asked me to come to a store for an interview. I arrived and was told they were running more than an hour behind. Finally, when I went into the interview (there was no apology or even mention of what happened) there were two people. They asked me 10 questions, situational, STAR answer types. They called me one week later to let me know they were making a decision in a few days. It took almost 2 weeks to follow up and they told me they had gone with a different candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to make a decision you know would be unpopular.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with an uncooperative member of your team.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Interviewed through my university's career center. Got asked 10 basic situational interview questions. Nothing difficult. There was only one interview, and a couple of weeks later I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to complete a task with a short deadline. What was the task and how did you handle it?   Answer Question