Walgreens Beauty Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Walgreens

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Called day after i submitted my app to schedule an interview. I was hired on the spot. Went to take drug test and started that monday. I got a few days of training. When i was promoted to pharmacy i was supposed to get 2 weeks of training but they tell you what to do like twice and then expect you to figure everything out on your own

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Started with a math/reading comprehension test that lasted about 20 minutes. Then a short interview with basic questions, and some redundancies (two about conflict resolution). This was actually my first ever job interview but I found that the manager was kind and made it much less stressful.

I also appreciated how quick the process was. I applied online on Sunday and was called for an interview the next day. The interview was on Wednesday and I was hired on Friday.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of your way to help someone who was too shy to ask.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

All I had to do for my interview was go to the store, have a very brief talk with the manager, and I was immediately hired. Extremely easy interview process. Lasted maybe 10 minutes.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

Very easy and straightforward. The questions were mainly common sense and were about decision-making in certain situations. It only took around 30 minutes to complete. The manager was very friendly and easy to talk to and not overpowering or intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• Name an event that you wish you had acted in a different way, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Half of the application is online, once you're done with that portion you have to show up in store for the other half. So there really isn't an appointment. You just come tell the manager you have applied online and are there to do the other portion. I don't know about other Walgreens but I was basically interviewed on the spot. I also got the job on the spot too.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Lake Worth, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

It was pretty basic. The manager seemed friendly. He described what he expected and asked pretty relevant questions pertaining to the job. He also asked about past experiences and in what ways could they help me perform my job duties efficienntly. It was an ok experience overall

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed with the Store Manager, the Store Owner, and a shift lead. They first asked me questions about myself to get to know me. Then they asked me questions off a paper.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer (person since I had not had a job prior)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online (without thinking) as a Beauty Advisor in 2012. I got a call in a few days for a personality test that had to be taken in any Walgreens store. It was mostly easy questions on how you deal with other people and how hard you work. I think the next day I was invited for a real interview and the manager was super nice and the interview was very short. I was asked why I wanted to work there but mostly it was very impersonal questions read from a list like "how do you deal with difficult people?" etc. I think there were only about 6 questions. I was called back for the job a few days later and had to take a drug test. Overall it was a very easy process and I was hired quickly. My only advice is to dress nicely, be friendly, and be eager to work there. My other piece of advice is don't plan on working at Walgreens forever unless you want to go into pharmacy because it's an awful job for so little pay, even after I worked nearly every department in the store.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Asked how I would rate myself then took a quiz to see if my math was up to par.I passed the exam because the results show up right away.Act confident, you will be fine.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online late at night and the next day, about 10 hours later, I got called by the assistant manager to come in for an interview as soon as I could. I arrived at the store about a half an hour later and the assistant manager walked me to the back and had me take the skills assessment and then said he wanted to interview me right afterwards. Both my assessments came back "very high" so he started the interview process. Afterwards, he said I did an amazing job and that he wanted to offer me the job. The pay is minimum wage starting out but as a beauty advisor you can make money off of certain products you sell. I accepted the offer and he then walked me around the store and introduced me to the store manager and other various people. I signed the papers and was sent to take a drug test and I start in approximately one week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you provided excellent customer service.   1 Answer