Walgreens Beauty Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.0

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (San Antonio, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Few days after i applied i got an interview and did an assessment I was called back the same day for a Second interview for Monday and Today is Fri. I hope I get it

Interview Questions

• Why do you see your self here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days received an email asking me to do an online interview. I did that on a Thursday and on Monday they called me asking me to do an interview at one of the stores. It wasn't the store I was going to work at, it was just a location for the in-person interview. I hadn't heard anything back for a week and I thought they weren't going to hire me, but then I got a call from the person who had initially watched my interview video who seemed to really really like me and she asked me how the interview went. I told her it went well but I hadn't heard anything back. She said she would reach out to them and get some feedback and then she'd call back.

A few days later I got a call from another walgreens person offering the job. She told me they would start me off at $12.50 an hour, and that it was a full-time position. She also gave me the address of the store I would work at. She said they would overnight me the employment offer that I had to sign and return. I got the package the next day and had to do a drug test within 48 hours of receiving the package. I went to one of the locations listed online for the drug testing company and did it that same day.

I start next week and haven't heard anything back from them at all regarding the drug test or confirming they received the signed paperwork. I'm assuming that means everything is good to go.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

I went in, the manager asked me if I could pass a drug test, made a smart comment about where I was from and how it would be a miracle if I could pass one, asked if I was okay with the pay, took a skills test, and made me sign some papers. I would hardly call it an interview, it was more of a "I need to see you in person to offer you this job with no pre-qualifications" thing. Waste of my time and waste of 3 months of my life.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Talked to store manager, very nice and explained what that job entitled. I had already worked for this company before so I knew what was happening and the answers he was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you had a language barrier and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Lake Charles, LA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a digital interview with five written response questions and five recorded answer question that were timed around 3 minutes for each. Average questions a bit nerve racking but got through it and am waiting for call back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when there was an unhappy customer and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

easier than expected got 2nd interview to meet in store in person

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

First you take a interview online, which you only have a certain amount of time to record your answers. They also include essay questions. If they like your answers, they will call you or email you to go in store and do a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were "What if" and about past experience. Once they see you in person they ask you other type questions, just as hard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Saint Cloud, MN).

Interview

While the interview itself was well constructed, it took me a long time to set one up with the store. I was interviewed by the store manager and an assistant store manager. They were both very nice and very professional. They answered all of my questions and provided me with all the information I needed while considering whether or not the position would work for me.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The process was not long for me at all. They asked me a few what-if scenarios and open ended questions that were designed to figure out how well you work in groups, past accomplishments, how you problem solve on the spot, etc. I recieved an offer on the spot but I did have to have a background check and because the store is a pharmacy as well I had to do a drug test within three days of the interview. They select the location but they also pay for it.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time that you had to figure out a creative solution to a problem you've had at work or at school?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Digital Interview. Some questions, you get 30 seconds to prepare, then, it will start filming you answering the question. There are about 5 questions like this. A few multiple choice and three essay questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a specific time when you had a difficult customer and how you dealt with them independently.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a specific time you went out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Webster, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Webster, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Got the call about a year after I applied. One on one with the store manager. Very personable and comfortable. Asked a few questions about how I manage conflict, my time, and discussed my future plans with the company. She was direct as well as open to my questions.