Walgreens Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

1.9

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

They ask you questions about senerios you've been in . Like "Name a situation where you've had to handle a customer complaint and how the customer acted" " name a situation where u had a lot to do and you helped a co worker"

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens (Olathe, KS).

Interview

I filled out an application and turned it in to the store. I got a call the next day to come in for an interview. I sat down with an assistant manager for an interview. She asked me several questions and got to know me a little bit to see if I would be a good fit. I was working on a register within a week.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work nights and weekends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online then halfway through you are asked to come in to finish the assessment test in the store. The store manager interviewed me right away. Asked 5 situational questions ( Tell me about a time) got the offer on the spot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

It was very friendly and it was not at all intimidating at all. I spoke with the assistant manager and than the store manager. They both seemed to have a genuine concern and interest in how I would interact with customers and other store employees.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was asking for help at the cashier and you had a long line of people waiting to pay for items?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle an unruly and disruptive customer?   Answer Question
    • Can you stand on your feet for long periods of time?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Like any job that you apply for online, there is a waiting period unless you know someone. Just go in person after applying to show your face and state your qualifications in person. Staff really likes that. I waited just one week after I went in to greet everyone, and also I was available for work around their hours (afterwards I was able to move my schedule around very easily). When coming in, dress nicely. No need to go all out business professional, just dress appropriately, management likes that.

Interview Questions

• Who is the most important person in the store?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walgreens (Aurora, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was long and confusing, the interviewer was rude and stated there were multiple higher qualified candidates. The interview consisted of pointless questions unrelated to any career or otherwise

Interview Questions

• If you were to go anywhere in the world where would you go   Answer Question
    • Why should i hire you when you are clearly underqualified   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madisonville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Madisonville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Computer survey questions online, then in store. The manager that set up the assessment on the store computer was nice, but not personable. Other store employees were more friendly than the manager. After assessment on computer was finished, I felt rushed by the manager when I asked questions about the job openings.

Interview Questions

• Is this product safe for children? View of a product label.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied from the indeed application on my phone with my current resume, took about a week for a phone call to come in store to apply on their computer and right after , I was offered the position

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had to apply on line, then do an online interview, followed by a phone call interview , then 2 in person interviews. It was after the last in person I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• what makes you want to work here   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Most of the questions were generic and things like are you flexible with hours and do you have cash handling experience. I don't remember all of the questions but it was pretty neutral. They also ask about past employment and ask for examples about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and a time when you have given good customer service. The interview was pretty easy overall if you've had experience in all the areas they asknow about. If you haven't had work experience then the questions aregarding a bit difficult to answer.