Walgreens Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at Walgreens

2.1

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The the the things you do not have to be a good idea for the future and the fact that you can get it from your house is important for the people who are in the middle of the day before yesterday or at the end of the day and we are going to have to go through this process for anything

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens (Miami, FL) in January 2019.

Interview

It took 2 weeks to have an interview since i submitted my application. I didn't receive any phone calls so just walked in and asked to see the pharmacy manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my previous job experience, teamwork, dealing complaints, and why do i want to get this job etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Southborough, MA) in November 2018.

Interview

The entire process took about 3 weeks. Initial screening was done through the online assessment consisting of psychometric evaluation, math and prescription inputs. Once I cleared this round, I got a call for 1:1 interview on site. The interview was not an easy one. The interviewer had specific questions as it was a position in the specialty pharmacy. It lasted for 30 minutes. Got an offer after a week. They have good benefits and working hours.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a specialty pharmacy?   Answer Question
    • Describe a scenario in your previous job where you have given attention to detail.   Answer Question
    • How do you work as a team? Walk me through a typical busy day at your previous job.   Answer Question
    • Describe a scenario where you would beyond your limits to help a customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe one incident where you have taken care of a single patient from beginning to the end.   Answer Question
    • How do you take a constructive feedback? Describe an incident where you have received a constructive feedback and you have improved based on that.   Answer Question
    • What is the pay you are looking forward to?   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Interview

I was told to apply for Customer Sales so that I could train in the pharmacy. Later on, I found out that I could have been the pharmacy the whole time, I was in the front, I could have been in the pharmacy if the store manager was willing to put me there

Interview Questions

• Give me a time that you went above and beyond with your customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hartland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Hartland, MI) in April 2018.

Interview

Casual face-to-face interview with general questions in management office, asked basic questions about what you are looking for and if able to commit for a year. Goes over printed resume and asks questions based on that.

Anonymous Employee in Muskegon, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Muskegon, MI) in October 2018.

Interview

Hiring was difficult as the entire company was undergoing a change in their hiring systems. I started as an extern through my tech school and they hired me at the end of two weeks. No interview involved.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Walgreens.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Gulfport, MS) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview within 3 days. When I went in for the interview, it was the first time the store manager and the pharmacist both did a joint interview instead of two separate ones. They asked me about myself, and then beyond that it was mostly situational questions; there was nothing about what you plan to do in the future, how long you'd want to stay with the company, or anything personal beyond the introduction. I felt they were looking more for a drone worker than a teammate. After the interview they said I'd have an answer by the next Monday, but that day came and went so I called them at the end of the week and they promised NEXT Monday, and didn't sound too pleased to hear from me. Next Monday came and went and still nothing. I had my answer by the end of the third week after the interview.

Despite having a bachelor's degree and already having my CPhT and state license without their company having to sponsor it, I did not receive a job offer. My cousin, who is EMT certified, has stated she'd tried getting a job at Walgreen's as well and they didn't offer her one for even a customer service associate, so I'm unsure as to what qualifications they were looking for.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walgreens in July 2018.

Interview

Started the interview off with general introductory questions, followed by pharmacy work environment related questions, and ended with general job questions. Did not receive an offer yet, was told that I will be contacted when all interviews have taken place with the last candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose pharmacy or choose to become a pharmacy technician?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a team member.   Answer Question
    • Describe an event that showcased your leadership and teamwork skills.   Answer Question
    • How would you prioritize the customers who need your help who came up to you in the following order: Telephone, Counter, and Drive Thru.   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a customer who has been waiting for a long time and raises your voice at you once it's their turn?   Answer Question
    • What is your schedule like (e.g. with school)?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

They were mainly concerned with customer service experience. That is key to this job and you need to have endless patience for the endless patients and their rudeness. They also want to assess your basic math abilities to tell if you can run a cash register efficiently or not.

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Joliet, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty quick. I filled out an application online and had to finish the remainder in the store. When I went in I brought my state certification and resume with me. You will have an advantage if you are already certified but no problem if you’re not. Store manager told me they weren’t hiring but when I gave him my PTCB certification he made room for me. He called me back 30 minutes later to schedule an interview. The interview was pretty quick. It was with the store and Pharmacy manager. They hired me on the spot. There is no wiggle room with starting pay as it is set on a scale.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan to stay with Walgreens?   1 Answer
    • What kind of experience do you have, if any and if not why do you want to work in the pharmacy?   1 Answer
    • Just a side note: all the interview questions are already printed out from the manager portal and they are all pretty simple “interview” questions.   1 Answer