Walgreens Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2018

2.1

106 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Joliet, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty quick. I filled out an application online and had to finish the remainder in the store. When I went in I brought my state certification and resume with me. You will have an advantage if you are already certified but no problem if you’re not. Store manager told me they weren’t hiring but when I gave him my PTCB certification he made room for me. He called me back 30 minutes later to schedule an interview. The interview was pretty quick. It was with the store and Pharmacy manager. They hired me on the spot. There is no wiggle room with starting pay as it is set on a scale.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan to stay with Walgreens?   1 Answer
  • What kind of experience do you have, if any and if not why do you want to work in the pharmacy?   1 Answer
  • Just a side note: all the interview questions are already printed out from the manager portal and they are all pretty simple “interview” questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online one day, took the skills test online and the next day, got called in for an interview. Interview was pretty short and to the point. Gotten interview by the store manager. During the interview was asked typical interview and about my availability.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Seattle, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online attached was extensive test with 40 versions of have you ever stole from your employer... So company has huge fear of employee theft? Basic interview questions.. How do you handle conflict? What are your best strengths or weaknesses? Sent for a UA and had to wait for results of background test. Started right away.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever walked off a job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Charlotte, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Very short interview and straight to the point. I interviewed with the general manager and the lead pharmacy technician. I was hired on the spot and they were very flexible with my start day and allowed me to begin the on boarding process immediately.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I was already with the company at a different location so it was pretty laid back. Basically getting to know me before hiring me. There was not much else discussed.

Interview Questions

• If I’m willing to work holidays since this location was 24 hours 365 days a year.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Three step process. Phone interview, Mangement sit down interview, then Peer staff interview each interview was very thorough and the staff gave in detail explanation as to what they were looking for and what you as the interviewee needed to know.

Interview Questions

• What is an experience you had that you learned from? And how would that experience benefit what you offer th company?   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The entire process was very quick and easy. After filling out online application, I would go to speak to pharmacy manager in person. They always need people to help out at that particular location so she kept my paper resume and call me two weeks later to come in for interview.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens in September 2014.

Interview

Really brief interview including educational background, goals and experience. Asked about pharmacy experience and training on site or off site. Was done by the store manager and met with the pharmacy manager.

Interview Questions

• In a tough situation with a customer, how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Arlington, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

For Walgreens, you have to finish the application process in a store and if the manager is available they go ahead and talk to you then and there. Very casual, but you should be dressed appropriately and prepared. Mainly they just want to know your experience, what schedule you want/need, and if you're certified and registered.

Anonymous Employee in Weatherford, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Weatherford, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Basic interview. Assistant manager gave a quick rundown of how the store/pharmacy operates. He advised that there were other candidates he still needed to interview but would make a decision within the week. Didn't go into detail about what the company offers as far as benefits, expectations, etc.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a difficult customer or situation?   1 Answer