Walgreens Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It is basically a three-step process. First, you apply online. Then, it tells you to go to the store to complete the rest of your application by taking a skills assessment test. It is after this is completed that you get in contact with a manager for interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Pueblo, CO).

Interview

Online has 3 parts. In store has another 3 or so. It's very time consuming and you have to be sure to check back on your application a couple of times to continue advancing through it.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you worked with a team and had good results"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Square, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Franklin Square, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Pharmacist basically told me I did really good on assessment. Told me my resume look good and she wanted to hire me. Pharmacist basically told me I did really good on assessment. Told me my resume look good. Pharmacist basically told me I did really good on assessment. Told me my resume look good.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online & took about 3 months to get back to me. Called for an interview in the following days. Did my assement which was basic customer questions, money and a few pharmacy related questions. Afterwards I had an interview with the manager as well as met with the pharmacy manager. Said they would call to let me know and 3 days later I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How can you be a team player?
      How can you give great customer service?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Nashville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. A month later I was asked to come in and take the skills test (a test that has much more applicable material on it than Kroger or Walmart tests do). After the skill test, the process moved quickly. Two days later I interviewed with the store manager and pharmacy manager. Both were very nice. They asked about my experience, my current job outside of the field, and a bit about me. They hired me at the interview. I took the drug test and signed for background check, and now a week later I am starting in the pharmacy.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you know you went above and beyond at your previous job?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Holden, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Holden, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

The store manager called me the same day that I applied. I couldn't go in for an interview right away because I go to school, so that delayed the process a bit. When I went in for an interview, I was hired on the spot. We set up an interview and I had to call the day before to confirm that we would still be meeting. I came in a half hour early to complete the skills test. The manager was very friendly and seemed to be understanding and flexible about going to school part time when working there.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Orlando, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

2 step process. Take a typing test to determine how much training you may or may not need. You're thrown into the job immediately. Then a spoken interview with a Corporate Staff.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager was very helpful with all the requirements needed for the position. I did phone interview because I could not be in town at the time and was offered the job on the spot

Interview Questions

• Was I a Certified Pharmacy Technician   1 Answer

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens in November 2015.

Interview

I began by filling out the online application. At the end of the online application it states that you must go in to the store to fill out the rest of the application. I suggest going in to the store that you are hoping to get the job at, as that is what I did. When I went in the in store portion was pretty easy. It was questions about basic cashier math and general pharmacy knowledge. About two days after going in to finish the application I recieved a call from the store manager to come in for an interview. I went in and the interview was very short. He introduced me to a few of the mangers and asked me about four questions. Then he offered me the job on the spot contigent upon passing the required background and drug test. I went in the next day for the drug test and a day later he called back to say I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What does flexibility mean to you and provide an example of a time you were flexible in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time that you improved a system in the workplace and how did you know that the system was changed for the better by your actions?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The store manager said that since I was certified already I would start at a higher rate than someone who was not certified. He was very willing to work around my schedule for the national guard and told me that I could have all weekends off.

Anonymous Employee in Kernersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Kernersville, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about 7 weeks after filling out an application. I was asked if I was still interested in the position, and of course I said yes. I came in for an interview two days after the phone call and was asked questions that were printed from a computer screen. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes. The manager covered everything from the hours I'd be working, the pay I could expect, benefits, holiday pay, and how it is working in the pharmacy. You'll pretty much know if you've landed the position if they began discussing details of the job. After the interview I was called the following Wednesday with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time there was a communication barrier between you and a customer? How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer