Walgreens Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at Walgreens

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Pueblo, CO).

Interview

Online has 3 parts. In store has another 3 or so. It's very time consuming and you have to be sure to check back on your application a couple of times to continue advancing through it.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you worked with a team and had good results"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Pharmacy manager interviews took 4 days and got a response. Its really about timing if a position just opened up or not. If you get the position you'll drug testing and its off site of course and then you go in for training.

Interview Questions

• Pretty down to earth questions just know what you want out of the position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations just entry start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayling, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Grayling, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online in april 2014. Got a call to come in for the in store test a month later. Drove 30 miles to take the test. Computer froze and i was asked to come back. I asked if i could go to my local Walgreens to finish the test and they didn't think so. I drove back up there 1 week later, signed on the computer and I had finished the test before it froze so there was no need to come back. The manager interviewed me then and there and I was offered 9.50 an hour 2 days a week in pharmacy and 8.00 an hour to be a cashier 2 days a week. I have 20+ years experience and could tell he was not comfortable offering me that low wage. I told him how far i had to drive and he said he couldn't do any better than that. I had to decline, i think he knew that was coming. I really would have liked to work for Walgreens but i just can't for that money.

Wage offered did not meet my level of experience, i would have been working solely for gas money. Was very disappointed. I really wanted to work for them.

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens in March 2010.

Interview

never had a interview, knew the manager through a family member and was hired immediately.never had a interview, knew the manager through a family member and was hired immediately.never had a interview, knew the manager through a family member and was hired immediately.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

applied online, did skills test in-store, one on one interview, drug test, and background check, job offer your dealing with money and meds so it was pretty much as expected

Interview Questions

• the basic whats your best and worst asset never very good at that question   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation have base starting pay and pay caps for each position

Anonymous Employee in East Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (East Las Vegas, NV) in July 2012.

Interview

Just regular drug test, background and people skills questions. They spent more time telling me about the company and how they we should treat customers than anything else. Process was really quick and not lengthy.

Negotiation

no negotiation at all, what they offered is what you got.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

Interview

I filled out online application to the assesment and then it said that I should go to the store and finish i did that on a friday got my test results right away and they scheduled an interview on monaday the managers where nice they asked nine qeustion that they said they had to that was on a sheet of paper based on my answers they decide from there.

Interview Questions

• they asked me when was a time that i felt it was ok not to help a fellow employe.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotition 10 dollars while in traing a dollar raise when you pass your traing I think that is fare because I have no prior experience.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Took about 1 week. Applied online, went in for computer assessment, got a call to have an interview, went to interview and got a call four hours later to come in and discuss the position.

Interview Questions

• All questions are the same for every interview, it is a scripted interview to be fair to all candidates. Questions like "a time you've proven great customer service", "a time you've had to deal with a difficult customer" or "a time you've have different communication than the customer" all of course with the question of how you dealt with it. These are not word for word of course but the questions were basically like that, there are 6 questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call in two days, and was able to come in that next day for an interview. I went in an did an assessment that basically talked about what you would do in certain situations and for us pharmacy techs, it asked us some questions as to how many drops we would give so-so person and which medicine would expire the latest, etc. I was then just asked basic questions you would be asked during any interview (availability, when could you be hired on, etc.) They also ask you about different scenarios and to relate them to your prior work/school experience. He said that since I am certified, I will get an extra $1 an hour and that being certified does help out in the long run. I was told that I would find out later that day whether or not I got the job. Overall, the interview rook an hour.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you were most helpful in a prior job experience and how did you know it was helpful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Basic interview with 2 members of management in a office. Both individuals asking questions, and checking you out. 1 of the mgrs was more serious than the other, but overall , average typical interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with a fast paced environment, give an example?
      Explain a situation where you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Open, and welcoming at first, but after a 1 1/2 years, mgmt reneged on the initial promise