Walgreens Certified Photo Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Certified Photo Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Walgreens

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Richmond, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

There were 2 in person interviews. One was just a conversation about myself, what I knew about Walgreens, the kind of work that would be done, etc. Basic stuff. I submitted an application online and went into the store to make sure they got my application and to see if they are actually hiring. Side note: Alot of places will say they are "always accepting applications," that does not mean they are always hiring. After the first interview, I was asked to come back for a second. This time the Store Mnager went into more detail about the job and the drug test and background check required. The drug test was done off-site at a clinic only about 5 mins away, I took the paperwork back and in a few days I got the call I was hired.
My main advice is, seem interested. Whether you are or not, whether you like the job or not, no matter what, make it at least seem like you care about your job and always be willing to learn.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if 2 employees continually socialize during work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Certified Photo Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens in March 2011.

Interview

Very customer service oriented and profit increase focus. Not focused on really anything else like job skills or past retail experience. Was never given a straight answer of being hired through the whole process until they said "You are scheduled for your first shift on..."

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation but found out later that I was not initially going to get offered the job and that one person had to beg another to hire me.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Aurora, CO) in October 2011.

Interview

Was called in for an interview, showed up to complete a 30 minute assessment on a sales floor computer. In my time with the company though I've seen this process take 30 minutes to 2 hours. Showed up wearing a suit, which the manager said they appreciated given that most people came in wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Once finished with the assessment the management staff likes to make people wait, regardless of not being busy. Be prepared to stand at the computer where you filled out your assessment for another 15-30 minutes, depending on the initial impression of you when you came in.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were extremely basic and frankly anyone with a heart beat should be able to get a job. Most people called for interviews either never call back, or accept a job only to turn it down when they find out the pay. If you really need a job just be polite, speak well, and dress properly for an interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jennings, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Jennings, MO) in August 2009.

Interview

One interview that lasted about 25 minutes. Was not interviewed by the store manger but by one of the many assistant mangers in the store. This was not the manger that would later train me when I was hired. Different manager all together and did not know who was the store manager until after I had been there for 30 days.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to smile a lot or do you tae your work seriously?   Answer Question

Certified Photo Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Basic hiring questions. They only hire when someone has been fired or quit. No seasonal emplyment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Took what I can get...minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Corpus Christi, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

I sent in a application online and then went in-store to check on the progress. That's a very important detail, go instore and talk to a manager on duty. during the day is usually when the Store-manager is in. They will then have you sit in the store and take an online test filled with basic information, "what do you do if you see that your coworker has taken a company pen with no intent on returning it?"

Common sense stuff. after you take the test, they can see the results immediately. It tells them whether or not it is recommended to hire you. They will probably tell you they will call you unless they actually do need another employee. I was just interviewed on the spot and it was basic information again. after the interview, i was sent for a drug test and then was working next monday.

Interview Questions

• What was a moment in life where you had to inspire or help others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Hills, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Fountain Hills, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

Apply on line, I found going into the store to introduce myself to management sped up the process. Personally I did very well on the online survey portion so they sent me right to the interview, but usually I believe you take a skills assessment first. You sit with whomever is in charge of hiring for the interview and have a chat with all your basic questions, can take awhile if the store is busy. They told me I would likely be hired after the interview, but expect a call back soon regardless.

Interview Questions

• You have to be able to give examples of how you have handled different situations in the workplace in the past.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They really just tell you your starting salary.

Certified Photo Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Applied, was contacted next day for skills assessment, came in and took basically a really easy math quiz, was given an interview an hour later, asked 6 simple STAR questions, hired on spot

Interview Questions

• explain a time you were criticized and how you handled it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Troy, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Troy, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward enough, mine lasted only about 5 minutes. It probably just depends on the specific person applying. I was referred to that store manager from an employee who works higher up in the company. I'm sure the process is at least a little bit longer for those that don't already know someone that works there.

Anonymous Employee in Raytown, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Raytown, MO) in August 2011.

Interview

interview process was easy, asking the basic questions, once the interview was done you'll know right away if you are hired because they will have you take a drug test. if you don't get the drug test,you probably didn't get the job

Interview Questions

• tell me a specific time you went above and beyond youre job description to help a customer   Answer Question