Walgreens Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.6

208 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Found the position on indeed.com, proceeded to apply with uploaded resume/cover letter.
    Was contacted by store manager (not specifically for the location i applied for I believe) via phone call and was asked several questions in my interests of the position. Was scheduled an interview the very next day and went in.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with the starting salary? Most people expect more coming from bachelor's degrees such as yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richton Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens (Richton Park, IL).

Interview

Process was simple and the hiring manager was pleasant to talk to. Made you feel at ease and easy to talk with
    Interview was actually held at store which was convient

Interview Questions

• How was my customer service   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walgreens (Joliet, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied via Indeed and received a call to come in for an interview 3 weeks later. Went in and the whole interview lasted about 20 minutes. Store manager was super nice and the overall interview was a breeze.

Help Desk Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bannockburn, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Walgreens (Bannockburn, IL).

Interview

There was a quick 20 min multiple choice test. The test required you to answer some basic trouble shooting steps of mostly peripheral devices. The rest of the interview were basic "why do you want to work here" questions.

Interview Questions

• What does plug and play mean?   1 Answer

Non Merchandise Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a phone, then FaceTime interview with a recruiting firm that worked closely with Walgreens on a regular basis. All went well, then I had a phone interview with the manager at Walgreens. It went okay, but I didn't feel super confident afterwards. After this, I never heard back from the recruiting firm or Walgreens.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a problem you faced and how you went about solving it.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

Had a last minute call from a recruiter for an on campus interview. I took it as I was able to fit it in my schedule. Intern was very straight forward. 30 minutes with two recent grads from my university. Got an email later that day saying I was selected for the second round (seemed a bit fast to me?). I scheduled that for their Deerfield headquarters a week later. That interview included an easy Microsoft Excel test, and then two thirty minute interviews. Again, nothing difficult. I left the interview feeling confident yet I never heard back from them and it has since been 6 months since my interview and I have accepted a position with a different firm. I emailed everyone thank you notes after the interview and further sent an email months later to follow up just because I was curious but was never responded to. To take the time to go interview with a company and never hear back is ridiculous. Not a business I would like to work for.

Interview Questions

• I dont even remember it was so long ago. Some behavioral, some case questions.   Answer Question

Walgreens Response

May 3, 2017 – HR

Thanks for posting. We’ll be sure the right people know about this so they can take a closer look.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online in January. Phone interview with HR in February. Phone interview with hiring manager in March. Interview in person with 5 managers including hiring manager in April. Final interview with 2 senior directors in May. The interview process is very long and the HR is not prompt and most of the times unresponsive to the requested updates/follow up emails. HR has never kept me informed during the whole process, never met with promises on dates that he was supposed to contact me with updates, forgot to send the confirmation email containing instructions of the interview, date, time, interviewers names, etc. The worst HR I have experienced by far. If you have applied to a position in HQ, be advised that the process is VERY long and frustrating.

It's been 2 months from the final interview and I have not received even an automated email on the outcome, after 5 months of interview process and hours of preparing for the interviews and interviewing. Disrespectful, unprofessional and rude.

The interviews are based on your experience and behaviors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was pretty simple took me a couple of weeks to hear back but the interview took no longer than 30 minutes and they ask u a lot of questions about ur future plans and situational questions

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Aurora, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Took on online test at home. Received an email from the store asking me to come in and ask for the manager. We then went in to a room with a couple computers, I then took another test similar to the online test I took at home at the store and then met with store mgr, where she asked me a lot of questions that were on the test.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

It went very well. Nice, understanding and loving people. I usually laughed a few times because the manager was funny and positive. They asked questions that was definitely relevant to the job which made it easy for me. I could see me working there for awhile.