Walgreens Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.6

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

First phone interview with HR = Horrible.
    The HR recruiter cut me off while I answered her questions.
    The series of questions were duplicative - just felt like she didn't listen to my answers or read questions. It was as if she was too focused on writing every word I said, rather than having a conversation with me about the role and my experience. She kept asking me my past salary for every job listed on my resume, she needed exact numbers.
    I learned nothing about the role, apart from what was in the job description, I got nothing on the culture of the company, team, people- as she stated " that is too hard to answer"

Interview Questions

• How much do you currently make?
      How much did you make at your other role?
      And how much did you make at the other?
      Why do you think you are a fit for this role?
      What makes you a fit for the role?
      What challenges have you faced in your role?
      Has there been a time where you had a challenging moment at work? If so, how did you handle it?
      Answer Question

Director of Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

This was an initial phone interview. It started promptly and lasted about 40 minutes. I found the interview questions were pertinent and thoughtful. The interviewee was able to give me good information regarding the position. I felt it went well, and I am definitely looking forward to next steps!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how I have added value in my current organization.   Answer Question

Floater Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in November for Chicago region, got a call on a Friday in February. Went to interview on following Tuesday and got a call on Friday with an offer. Extremely positive experience. Interview questions were behavioral based. 5 standard questions with 3 additional questions from one interviewer and 2 additional questions from another

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you displayed empathy what was the situation and outcome, time about a difficult situation, a time where you showed active listening, etc. Straightforward. As long as you have good experience and answers   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

I worked for them since high school so I never did a formal interview at the retail level. If you apply for a corporate job, I did many and what they are lacking is the letter or a phone call to tell you if you that they decided to go with another candidate. The least they could do is that. Never got any type of letter therefore I assumed the answer was no. It would be nice to be treated as a human and not just another person that works there.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and friendly. I was greeted warmly when I arrived and by everyone that interviewed me. I thought the questions were very thoughtful and reasonable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to ask someone or a group to do something challenging. How did you manage it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR and a follow up interview with the hiring manager and another manager from the department. Interview was 8 behavioral questions. They did not ask directly about background and experience so it's to your benefit to weave as much as you can into answering the questions posed. Had plenty of time after the questions to ask my own questions about the company

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were on a project that failed and what did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took a long time to get the offer but then things moved quickly. Had to push for my salary and sign on bonus but it wasn't too difficult to negotiate

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

Had 5 separate interviews with Directors, Vice President and HR reps. It totalled about 14 hours of interviewing to see if I was a good fit and if I would like the atmosphere.Had to do software testing, drug trsting, background check, credit check, and a personality test before interviews began.

Interview Questions

• A lot of budget, software, IT and regulation questions. Also the typical interview questions like " Why Walgreens?" And "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   1 Answer

Director, Health Outcomes Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Very engaging professional process. There was an initial phone screening by HR and the hiring manager. I met with the hiring manager, presented to a group of cross-disciplinary individuals. Then, met with key staff individually.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your managing style?   1 Answer

Senior Java/J2EE Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter for initial screening followed by phone and skype interview.Was contacted by the recruiter for initial screening followed by phone and skype interview. No proper response.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Had to escalate to get anyone to speak with me. Took almost a year to finally get a response. HR was nice but the hiring manager has a major ego and obnoxious. A typical attitude of a millennial. Someone needs to train this "young director" how to conduct business and communicate with tact. After this response I would never consider working for Walgreen's nor patronizing their business. Not called for at all! Apparently Walgreen's has too much business.
    I am fine with not even getting the position but the rudeness is NOT acceptable.