Walgreens Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.0

190 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and called a couple days later to follow up on the application. The first time I called, the lady said she was going to send me an email with a link to an assessment that I had to take. I got the email, but there was no link so I had to call her back to tell her that. She said she would resend the email to me in 30 mins. I kept going back to check and got no email so I assumed she wasn't interested anymore.
About an hour later I got a phone call from her asking me if I can come for an interview.

The interview was standard and basic. I had to wait for a bit while the lady was printing out the questions. She said that Walgreens had a new and more simple hiring process.
She asked me questions off the paper and wrote down my responses. The very last question was about my availability and I told her I was not available weekends. She said that Walgreens requires me to work some weekends so that made me a little iffy. She also said that the first year of employment new hires had to work all holidays, including Thanksgiving and Christmas. After that the employee can choose to work either Thanksgiving or Christmas, but they didn't have to work both. I was very surprised by this. For the most part, nobody should be working on the holidays. It's a time to be spent with loved ones. At the very least the company should give everybody Christmas off. I wasn't sure if I still wanted the position with this company after hearing that.

Interview Questions

• Why Walgreens?   1 Answer
  • Name a time where you had to give advice or help out a coworker and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • How would you make a customer feel welcomed at Walgreens?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Daytona Beach, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Apply online, called the next day and set up an interview for the following day. Very nice Manager, it was comfortable she asked a series of questions of how I responded to situations as well as my own work style.

Interview Questions

• If a manager or lead tells you a different way to do your job, how would you respond?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens in July 2017.

Interview

I first applied at a different store. Then later on I decided to apply on the store near me. I already did the assessment test on the first store I applied at so the other store was able to pull out my test results. I went to the other store I think on 07/07 then I set up my interview on 07/12. After the interview, the manager told me he'll call me on 07/14. I was surprised when I checked my emails and found out they offered me the position on 07/13. So I filled a form online for my background check then I called the store and asked about the drug test and told the manager I can pick-up the form the following day and I did and finished the drug test on the same day. With all my excitement, I called the store again on 07/19 and asked for my results and the management on duty told me everything came out good! I went to the store and fill-out the forms electronically for my employment on 07/20 which is today and tomorrow 07/21 is my first day onboard! That was a fast process and I wasn't expecting it! I hope I'll be happy with the company!

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Applied online and then completed the in-store assessment 2 weeks later. The same day of the assessment, I got called back for an interview the following day. Interview was very casual, just asked some basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Has there been a time when a customer was dissatisfied with your work?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed.com because the application online was down. I uploaded my resume and cover letter and they called literally 20 minutes after and called me to schedule an interview. I arrived 15 minutes early and asked to sit in the photo booth. I waited there for over 20 minutes waiting for the manager to get back from lunch. The assistant manager and the manager were in the room and they asked me 6 questions. They then wanted me to fill out an assessment, well the computer froze up when I was just about done. I had to go home and take it again. I took it and waited for a call.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to multitask?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to deal with an upset customer what did you say?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens in June 2017.

Interview

New ATS (applicant tracking system)/hiring system, so the process took longer than expected.
    Called in for an interview, position described in detail (including required evening/weekend availability), asked very basic questions, was offered a position on the spot (this location was also understaffed, so this may not be typical), contingent upon successful background check and drug screening. Was sent email to accept the offer (drug screening needed to be completed within 48 hours of accepting); due to the new system, I had to schedule the drug screening, company did not do it. 3-4 days later received a call from management stating drug screen was successful, and was able to start next day.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions (Why do you want to work here, how do you resolve issues with angry customers,
      If you have a pulse and use common sense, you'll be fine   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walgreens (Baltimore, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was a great experience. Assistant manager was polite. I didn't feel like the interview was rushed. I had the opportunity to ask some questions. I did not feel nervous or uncomfortable. Having confidence in yourself will go along way. If you don't understand a question, just ask them to repeat it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Walgreens?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walgreens (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

If you know someone you can get a job as long as you pass the assessment, which is knowing how to count money and have good customer service skills). Act like yourself and if you have genuine interest in customer service you will be okay.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then a couple weeks later, I went directly to the store and asked about my application status. An interview was set up for the following week.

Basic, laid back interview with quite a bit of questions concerning specific instances in my life and how I overcame a particular problem. Was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to overcome a difficult situation? etc   1 Answer
    • When is a time you had to switch between tasks? etc   Answer Question

Customers Service Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Applied online and a different stored called me, went in for an interview, did a little assessment on the computer and hired on the spot. The interview was a standard interview which was by the book.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation