Walgreens Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.0

Customers Service Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Applied online and a different stored called me, went in for an interview, did a little assessment on the computer and hired on the spot. The interview was a standard interview which was by the book.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens in February 2017.

Interview

Most garbage company when it comes to hiring. I received a call after 3+ weeks and the manager asked if I could come in two hours after he called me. Seemed a little weird, but I went anyway. I show up at 4pm and the manager is still interviewing another candidate and didn't finish until about 4:10. After the manager finished, he told me to wait while he took over at the photo section, where he was helping customers. It was obvious they were so desperate and short staffed. I finally sat down with him around 4 30, and the interview only lasted 5 minutes. WOW. Worst company ever. Not worth your time.

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Spartanburg, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Did an online application then got a call from the manager about a week later. Then I got called in for a second interview was then given an offer. I was very excited because about the job opportunity.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you had to show good customer service in a bad situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Four Oaks, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Four Oaks, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple. Manager was very nice, down to earth & it was a quick process! Always nerve wrecking during any interview but overall this one was an easy one! I ended up getting the job 2 days after the initial interview!

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online two days ago I received a call from the store manger to come in and do the assessment test then give her a call back after I completed it the test. after I finish it I call the next day to let her knw I did she told me that after she goes through it she would give me a call and let me knw 3 hours later she told me to come in for a interview the next day. the interview I had the store manger & the assistant manger interview me she ask me about 6 scenario questions that are bout customer service what would do and hat you learn from it. after the interview 3 hours later she call to offer me the position & to come in to sign the paper work and to do the drug test

Interview Questions

• I cant remember all but tell me about yourself?

Tell me a time when u had to multi-task

how would you handle dealing with 4 customer the phone ringing and trying to assistant a customer on the sales floor how would you go about it?

tell me a time you gave good customer service?

what are your strengths and weakness?

what is your availability?

why should I hire you?

What do you know about walgreens?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty simple and laid back. The hiring manager was very nice and definitely helped ease my nerves as it was my first ever job interview. She just asked a series of behavioral questions and I was offered the position on the spot, which I accepted. I had to do a drug test and background check, and I began working there in less than 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time there was a language barrier between you and a customer/classmate and how you were able to help them.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

You are required to apply through their Website. The second part of the application requires you to go into Walgreens and complete an assessment test on their computers. If the store needs to hire another employee, they'll take a look at recent applications and call you in for an interview. The hiring manager or store manager usually conducts the interviews. There is only one interview, and they'll either give you their answer then or call you later if you got the job. The interview is performed in a quiet room where they ask you a series of questions mostly based on customer service or situations and how you would react to it.

You will be required to get a drug test if you are accepted for the position. Training is usually watching an employee on the register and throwing you into it as they give you tidbits of information. A manager may give you a tour orientation, and most of your other training is done through the store's computers.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you went out of your way for someone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much as far as negotiation goes. They asked me if I was comfortable learning and working in the Photo Department. They also instructed me that the company is open everyday including holidays, so I was expected to be able to work those days if necessary. They may also ask about your availability, and may work with you depending on their current needs for the store.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

About 10 questions were asked. These questions were scenario questions about past experiences and how you handle them. No questions about skills were asked. No questions about "why do you want to work here?". Questions about your schedule are asked. You will be told you will need to have a drug test and background test. Takes 2 days.

Interview Questions

• When was one instance where you chose not to help a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Short Pump, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Short Pump, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Super laid back. Was really quick and I knew that I got the job before I left. You do the online application, then you come into the store to do an assessment. If you get a call to come do an interview then you most likely got the job.

Interview Questions

• How important is good customer service to you?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The interview was informal and casual The manager had me walk around the store with her while she said a few questions, I think just to see if I got comfortable and was friendly. We went over some cash register operations to see if I had minimal experience. To me it seemed like the people who were hired were ones who could hold a conversation happy and confident. If you don't have any cash register experience I would definitely go over a few basic drills online.